NOT A TRAITOR: Manning Aquitted Of Aiding The Enemy...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
A military judge Tuesday acquitted Pfc. Bradley Manning of aiding the enemy — the most serious charge the Army intelligence analyst faced for leaking hundreds of thousands of classified military reports and diplomatic cables.

Manning was convicted on all but one of the lesser charges considered by the judge, Army Col. Denise Lind, in connection with the website WikiLeaks’s receipt of the largest breach of classified material in U.S. history.

The suspense at Tuesday’s five-minute-long court martial session was limited because Manning previously pled guilty to at least portions of 10 of the 22 counts he faced. Also restraining the drama was the absence of a military jury, which the defendant waived.

Lind made no comments and displayed no emotion as she read her verdicts, which followed almost three months of witnesses and evidence which the judge heard as the sole fact-finder in the case.

After warning spectators in the packed courtroom to avoid any outbursts, Lind recited a list of the charges, adding her “not guilty” or — more often — “guilty” to each. She also accepted and described changes in some of the charges that the defense offered with Manning’s guilty pleas.

The aiding-the-enemy charge could have resulted in a sentence of up to life in prison or even to the death penalty, but the military did not seek capital punishment in Manning’s case.

If convicted on all charges but aiding the enemy, Manning faced a potential sentence to well over 100 years in prison. The charges the Army intelligence analyst pled guilty to carry a potential sentence of about 20 years...

Read more: Bradley Manning trial verdict - POLITICO.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

Interesting outcome.

I bet Snowden is breathing easier.

Well at least the little bed wetter is going to do some time. He'll probably get the gov't to pay for a sex change while he's in there too.

I still won't be suprised if he gets out in 10-15 years and ends up "teaching" at some Ivy League moonbat indoctrination center.

Well at least the little bed wetter is going to do some time. He'll probably get the gov't to pay for a sex change while he's in there too.

I still won't be suprised if he gets out in 10-15 years and ends up "teaching" at some Ivy League moonbat indoctrination center.

I'm pickin up a hint of sarcasm...And it's bleepin HILARIOUS!! :lol:

Hey, we may not agree on this issue, but your assessment is pretty dang accurate. And very funny. :)

Republicans want anyone who puts a call in to Russia imprisoned for espionage.

So Bradley is home - practically free!

:)

I wont be surprised if President Bozo pardons him.

Republicans want anyone who puts a call in to Russia imprisoned for espionage.

So Bradley is home - practically free!

:)

Well actually, he's still facing possibly many years in Prison. He's not quite home.

Bradley Manning Guilty on Most Charges, But Not Aiding Enemy

From the Link: "Manning could still face 136 years in prison for the other convictions, according to a legal expert briefing reports on the scene. The sentencing phase of Manning's trial begins Wednesday."

I want the AG to offer Snowden a deal. One-half of Manning's maximum sentence. Only 68 years w/o the possibility of parole, he will be out when he's 97 years old. That's fair, considering what the SOB did.

If he likes anal as is rumored, he may want 20.

Guilty and going to probably spend the rest of his life where he belongs....

And R.C. many of us have shown we have way more "brass" than this little chicken shit will ever have....

I can't wait until the day they tell him to take off the uniform he disgraced and never wear it again....

Guilty and going to probably spend the rest of his life where he belongs....

And R.C. many of us have shown we have way more "brass" than this little chicken shit will ever have....

I can't wait until the day they tell him to take off the uniform he disgraced and never wear it again....

Yikes! Easy dude. You sound like a rabid obedient Nazi Stormtrooper. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
He'll get credit for time served.
One hundred thirty-six years less 3 years is one hundred thirty-three years, provided he gets maximum sentence. If that were the case, 2010 + 133 = 2143 would be his last year.

Who knows, he could get the minimum sentence of 20 years less 3 which would make him eligible to get out of jail in 2030.

I think his sell-out of half a million American confidential papers isn't an act of patriotism or love for country, no matter how anybody spins it.

He allowed his personal feelings to get in the way of doing his job, and people befriended by America were damaged.

Treason is betrayal of a trust, and for that reason, I don't understand how anyone can claim Manning is not considered a traitor, which is defined as one who commits treason.

Could it be the press is so determined to destroy the founder's America they now praise anyone who masters activities of chaos like what Manning did?

Forum List

Back