Not A Bunch of Wars, Rather Many Fronts

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I think most of us have sensed this or figured it out, but then again we all share an interest in current events or we'd be doing other things more than we do. It seems that several people in the other media, as well as the media have begun to articulate it:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=Y2EwOWE0ZTA1Y2M1ZTFhN2Q2Y2YwYWM0ZTdhNzM0ZWY=

On another thread, someone asked if we're willing to go to war over threats, most that answered said, 'yes.' Better before than after an attack.

2. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    A war on many fronts? You're not up to snuff on world or even national politics are you, Kathianne? Maybe the author is as he relates to WWIV. What happened to WWIII?

The conservatives desperately need this to be WWIII as WAR is the only thing they have to retain American and thus world wide power. Going beyond that and introducing WWIV is complete evidence of this desperation.

The road to VICTORY, I am convinced, will not be paved with the bodies of children, women and the otherwise innocents. It will not be paved with the spent cartridges of rifles and the shells of bombs either. It will be paved, I am also convinced, with the genuine promises of freedom and the demonstration by Americans to acquire it without violence. This would require a 1,000 page book to even begin to explain to you my knowledge and feelings on this subject but this is what I believe.

This article is another small minded, yet simply clever, way to equate the WOT with WWII. Quite simply, we don't and can't have "fronts" in this WOT. We have the deperations of millions of otherwise non connected that will organize, arm and fight to prevent interference in any way of Americans to disrupt their families, their way of life and their systems of self government. Again, this might need a 1,000 page book to explain to you what I am attempting to share in just a few paragraphs.

America can and should do better. The record of American Government to take care of it's own, including it's veterans, is pretty miserable and well known worldwide. The record of American corporations to take responsibilities for their governmental interference, their mistakes and their human and resource exploitations is also well known relatively world wide. Resistance th the American model is certainly to be expected, wouldn't you think?

There again, maybe another 1,000 page book is in order. There is and can be no simple or shallow examination or explanation of the problems that we as Americans face in the present conflicts in which we find ourselves. Even as much as GWB would like it to be, most people aren't stupid. That would only require maybe a 50 page book to give intellectual credence and understanding. But, maybe we have to go all the way back to ABC's and 2+2 for you to completely grasp the concept. Eh?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues