Nosey Questions

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
What was the last movie you actually went to a theater to see?

What year was it?

How much did it cost you?

I can't remember the last time my wife and I went to a theater. They usually stink, the people won't shut up and there's too high a probability that the movie will suck nowadays.

Went to see a show in Yucca Valley Ca and had to walk out because the theater smelled like ass and feet.

One of my sons saw the newest version of The Great Gatsby. It was for a college class. $10 each, I think. Two months ago?
New theater btw.

What year was it?

we live in a small town in the middle of no where

we have locally owned theater

everyone goes all the time

in fact we love the idea of having a theater

that when it almost closed down because

of the costs to upgrade to digital

the people chipped in to help pay for it

Vegas Vacation
I don't remember

I don't go to theaters anymore. I try to feed the liberal, Hollywood, scum as little as I can.

The Hunger Games

Not sure but I think around $11 or $12 per ticket (took my youngest). Too much money.

I always bring in my own water and snacks in a big purse, I refuse to pay the outrageous money ($4.50??? for a bottle of water????) the concession stand charges. I will splurge and buy a small popcorn ... or sometimes get it free with my kid's royal movie card.

I will take my kid(s) to see Catching Fire. Love Jennifer Lawrence and that was my fav book of the trilogy.

Oh, my aching brain. When was the last time I went to a movie at a movie theater? I'm really not sure, but my best guess was some 30 years ago. I want to say I took my young son to see Star Wars, but I think there may have been at least one movie after that. My only recollection is that the volume was SO LOUD I thought my eardrums were going to explode.

That was decision time for me: no more movies unless I'm at home where I have control over the volume.

Oh, my aching brain. When was the last time I went to a movie at a movie theater? I'm really not sure, but my best guess was some 30 years ago. I want to say I took my young son to see Star Wars, but I think there may have been at least one movie after that. My only recollection is that the volume was SO LOUD I thought my eardrums were going to explode.
You're probably old enough to remember when Theaters were works of art. There as an old theater close to where I grew up and when we'd go to see a movie there I would spend all the time before the movie just marveling at all the detail and craftsmanship that went into every square inch of the walls and ceiling! Even the seats were velvet covered!

'
I believe it was about 3 or 4 years ago, I went to a local university cinema to see "Last Year at Marienbad."

I've seen it many times before, of course, but I never tire of it !!

Last edited:
Been so long ago I don't remember. Ever since the concept of a home theater has been around, mine has been in a relative state of upgrade, until recently when it would be pointless and very costly to upgrade it any further. I wait until movies I'd like to see come out on bluray then I buy them and watch them at home. I think movie theaters are filthy, uncomfortable, bad experiences.

Last edited:
'
I believe it was about 3 or 4 years ago, I went to a local university cinema to see "Last Year at Marienbad."

I've seen it many times before, of course, but I never tire of it !!

What's your second favorite movie, "broke back mountain?"

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Personally, I don't do the theater thing. Marge Simpson always sits in front of me, kids are always hollering and screaming or babies crying, people talking. But that isn't what really stops me. What does is the ringworm and or lice all over the back seat and arm rests and the nasty gooey floors.

What year was it?

Can't remember, but the last recent movie I can remember going to see was Life Of Pi, this year, and the ticket cost me $15.

In vegas there was a dollar theater that showed two or three year old movies. I guess it was there that I saw my last theater film. I think it was some Jackie Chan flick. That was about 20 years ago.
I love movies but hate the theater so I have Netflix where I can watch my movie away from loud patrons on cellphones. I can also watch a movie while smoking and drinking and eating popcorn that doesn't cost 10 bucks. Also, when I start one of my crying jags and fall to the floor in a fetal position while wearing my tiara I wont be asked to leave by the management. That was always embarrassing. Sometimes they even kept my popcorn.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back