Northeast Loses 40% Of House Seats As People Flee High-tax States

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Democracy in action. Democrats hate it when that happens.

And it looks like the feeling is mutual.

Of course, people probably aren't just saying, "Gee, my taxes are too high, I think I'll move to another state."

It probably centers a lot more around, "Gee, I lost my job, I have to get another, and I can't find one around here no matter how hard I try. Or the only jobs here involve a large pay cut. But there's some jobs in Texas that pay a lot more, looks like I'll have to go there whether I like it or not."

And why do jobs in Texas or South Dakota not vanish? And why do they pay their workers more? Because employers there aren't spending huge amounts of money on corporate taxes, govt-mandated bathroom and doorway renovations for wheelchairs that never come, huge accounting staffs to take care of the massive paperwork the govt demands for compliance with ever-mounting regulations, etc. And lately, soaring costs for Obamacare.

Liberals cling desperately to the idea that the changes they are making "do not really affect things very much, those employers are just greedy and whining".

Umm, yes, they do affect things. A lot. And you can't avoid the consequences, any more than you can cut down water to a garden and not see the plants die. And the plants aren't just greedy and whining.

And all the rhetoric, propaganda, and demagoguing in the world won't keep them alive if you take away their water.

--------------------------------------------------------

Northeast loses 40 of House seats as people flee high-tax states WashingtonExaminer.com

Northeast loses 40% of House seats as people flee high-tax states

by Paul Bedard
September 30, 2014 | 11:21 am

The Northeast, once the nation’s political engine that produced presidents, House speakers and Senate giants including the late Edward M. Kennedy, is losing clout in Washington as citizens flee the high-tax region, according to experts worried about the trend.

The Census Bureau reports that population growth has shifted to the South and the result is that the 11 states that make up the Northeast are being bled dry of representation in Washington.

Critics blame rising taxes in states such as Massachusetts and Connecticut for limiting population growth in the Northeast to just 15 percent from 1983 to 2013, while the rest of the nation grew more than 41 percent.

The biggest impact comes in the loss of congressional representation.

Deep in a recent report, for example, the American Legislative Exchange Council tabulated how the drop in population relative to the rest of the nation cut the region’s power in Washington. While the states from Pennsylvania to Maine had 141 House members in 1950, they are down to 85 today, a drop of some 40 percent.

California and Texas combined have more House representatives..

“This result is one of the most dramatic demographic shifts in American history. This migration is shifting the power center of America right before our very eyes. The movement isn’t random or even about weather or resources. Economic freedom is the magnet and states ignore this force at their own peril,” said the report.

try reading the board, maybe you won't duplicate topics like THIS ONE FROM YESTERDAY

try reading the board, maybe you won't duplicate topics like THIS ONE FROM YESTERDAY
Like that never happened before.

mea culpa ... RW's wear out the same topic over and over and over and over until nobody pay any attention to them ... thats why they're morons

Global Warming ring a bell?

yup ... go ahead and ring that bell again... add something new, tell the board what they don't already know, accept scientist that say one thing, and diss scientist that say something else, and of course BORE EVERYONE WITH YOUR SCIENTIFIC OPINION... and don't forget to mention what a loser Obama is ..

Looks like liberals have nothing to say at all, about the actual topic.

That's been happening more and more in recent years.

1st, I'm not a Liberal, 2nd, you're a moron ... read the other thread and stfu

mea culpa ... RW's wear out the same topic over and over and over and over until nobody pay any attention to them ... thats why they're morons

yup ... go ahead and ring that bell again... add something new, tell the board what they don't already know, accept scientist that say one thing, and diss scientist that say something else, and of course BORE EVERYONE WITH YOUR SCIENTIFIC OPINION... and don't forget to mention what a loser Obama is ..
Practice what you preach,...or stop your preaching.

Practice what you preach,...or stop your preaching.

Northeast Loses 40 Of House Seats As People Flee High-tax States US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

If anything this trend should be terrifying Republicans. The more these people that move into GOP dominated state the more purple their state becomes. Most people didn't leave my state due to high taxes, they moved from my state due to the collapse of the steel industry and demise of our heavy/manufacturing industries.

Hi LA: I'm glad there is some other check on the system.
I didn't think about this factor. Maybe because I am a liberal Democrat?

the way politics is running, the abuse of federal power in Washington
overrides opposition in Congress anyway, and people assassinate through the media
and unpopular fighters to make sure they don't get support for elections.

more people are fighting through the media
and bypassing the system in govt the way the Constitution was supposed to limit and check govt.

So access to media hype has become the new leverage.
Everyone seems to fight their political battles there
where it can be used to override Congress and Constitutional laws and process

Half the members in Congress can oppose bad legislation on Constitutional grounds,
but all that can be demonized and destroyed with a strong spin in the media.

maybe it will take shifting away from dependent states
and concentrating the workforce and resources in states
that operate more independently to push for local governance.

but still the liberal push to rewrite the hype will paint it another way. For the liberals,
it's not about holding everyone to the Constitution, but having political control by party.

Oklahoma is one of those vaunted "economic freedom" states...they've gone from 9 districts in 1930 to 5 today...that's a loss of 44%.

West Virginia went from 6 in 1950 to 3 today, a loss of 50%.

Nebraska went from 5 in 1940 to 3 today, loss of 40%.

South Dakota went from 2 in 1950 to 1 today, loss of 50%.

Montana went from 2 in 1950 to 1 today, loss of 50%

Alabama had 9 districts in 1950, has 7 today.

Kansas went from 7 in 1930 to 4 today, loss of 42%

Iowa is usually thought of as an economic freedom state...it went from 9 districts in 1930 to 4 today...a loss of 55%!!!

Indiana is a reliably GOP state, it saw a decline from 11 districts in 1950 to 9 today.

Arkansas went from 7 in 1940 to 4 today, loss of 42%

Mississippi went from 7 in 1940 to 4 today, loss of 42%

Wyoming has had 1 district since the state's creation in the 1880's.

I guess the real message here is...don't be a state that doesn't get a good amount of Latino immigration!

If anything this trend should be terrifying Republicans. The more these people that move into GOP dominated state the more purple their state becomes. Most people didn't leave my state due to high taxes, they moved from my state due to the collapse of the steel industry and demise of our heavy/manufacturing industries.
Because competition from foreign manufacturers caused that, because of lower wages and lower taxes.

Sure enough: The liberals who have been peppering this thread STILL have nothing to say about the original topic. All they can do is deflect, call names, change the subject, etc. All the usual liberal responses when somebody points out how badly they are losing.

The high-tax states in the east, have been steadily losing representation in the House as other states have grown hugely faster than they have.

Democracy in action as people "vote with their feet", following jobs to the less-government statesthat can support them and abandoning liberal states that can't.

Sure enough: The liberals who have been peppering this thread STILL have nothing to say about the original topic. All they can do is deflect, call names, change the subject, etc. All the usual liberal responses when somebody points out how badly they are losing.

The high-tax states in the east, have been steadily losing representation in the House as other states have grown hugely faster than they have.

Democracy in action as people "vote with their feet", following jobs to the less-government statesthat can support them and abandoning liberal states that can't.

Well they've been busy turning all the red states purple. Take a look at Virginia. Have fun with that Acorn :thup:

Significantly, when I raised the same topic in the "Clean Debate Zone" where namecalling and vilification are not allowed, not a single liberal has even entered the discussion.

Without their trademark lying, denigration, and hatred, they literally have nothing left to say at all.

Significantly, when I raised the same topic in the "Clean Debate Zone" where namecalling and vilification are not allowed, not a single liberal has even entered the discussion.

Without their trademark lying, denigration, and hatred, they literally have nothing left to say at all.

I've always said that once you've made you're money in a thriving blue state... it's smart to move to a low cost of living red state. Am I right Acorn?

BS - Why have you avoided replying to Nyvin's post here in your thread??? Could it be because he crushed your OP lies???

BS - Why have you avoided replying to Nyvin's post here in your thread??? Could it be because he crushed your OP lies???
See Post #15

Forum List

Back