North Pole Sees Unprecedented July Cold – Arctic Sees Shortest Summer On Record — ‘No

And I have a problem with global warming deniers who can't even TRY and answer the very logical questions that I posed.

I read where you are a big conservationist. So when was the last time man burned trillions of pounds of carbon, put it back into the atmosphere and what was the end result?

Glad I jumped back in an found this gem of yours.

I'm freezing my ass off up here in Manitoba in the coldest summer ever.

:lol:

Now to me being a conservationist versus you being a little brat on the net this summer?

Let's dance. Do you know Ducks Unlimited?

And we are having what looks to be a stellar fire summer here in Oregon. So how does local climate compare to global?

Yes, I know who and what Ducks Unlimited are and the conservation efforts they have led in. So what does that have to do with the fact that we are changing the climate by the injections of vast amounts of GHGs into the atmosphere?

How has your climate changed? Not your weather you climate?

Now to me being a conservationist versus you being a little brat on the net this summer?

And we are having what looks to be a stellar fire summer here in Oregon. So how does local climate compare to global?

Yes, I know who and what Ducks Unlimited are and the conservation efforts they have led in. So what does that have to do with the fact that we are changing the climate by the injections of vast amounts of GHGs into the atmosphere?

The answer to that is yes. One can confirm it here simply by looking at reduction in glaciers in the Cascades. For those of us that have had 7 decades to watch this happen, it is readily apparent.

Lady, you don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Al Gore made his money off of investing in hi-tech stocks when the market was on a downer in those stocks. He has since proved himself to have a keen instinct for other investments. He did not make money off of his movie or his advocating the steps neccessary to reduce the GHGs that we are putting into the atmosphere.

As far as that issue not existing, you are denying what the vast majority of scientists on this planet state. State in peer reviewed articles, state in the conventions of their scientific societies, and state in personal conversations. So, you are either stating that you know more than all these scientists, or that there is a world wide conspiracy among the scientists in these many disciplines. Either way, you look the fool.

Al Gore invested in Google? LOL

Uh huh

LOL. Well, here we have another idiot child 'Conservative' raging against Al Gore for doing the very same thing that he defends other capitalists for doing. Yes, Al Gore has substancial investments and ties to hi-tech companies. And has made many millions of dollars off of those ties. After being denied the Presidency in 2000, he was hired by these companies, and given options on stock as part of the deal. These options have paid off nicely for him. Unlike certain other politicians, he seems to have a very keen business sense.

You might actually learn something

How Al Gore's Net Worth Caught Up With Mitt Romney's | Zero Hedge

I like the way people like to look at historical weather data and draw the conclusion that nothing is changing that hasn't happened before. Of course the before part was before there were billions of humans on the planet.

But what the hell.

The question I like to ask is WHEN in the history of the earth has man burned trillions of pounds of coal and oil and then put that carbon back into the atmosphere?

Seeing as how we have never done that till the past couple hundred years or so, seems like there would be no historical evidence to point to and say; not a problem.

We really don't know what burning trillions of tons of carbon will do eventually. Especially considering that the best carbon traps (huge forests) are being cut down.

The last time we had this much carbon in the atmosphere, the volcanoes of the earth wee going bat shit crazy spewing shit everywhere.

Do you think those volcanoes and that carbon had any impact on the earth or are those scientists lying about that also?

I have a problem with so called scientests who loved being climate rock stars skewing data.

And I have a problem with global warming deniers who can't even TRY and answer the very logical questions that I posed.

I read where you are a big conservationist. So when was the last time man burned trillions of pounds of carbon, put it back into the atmosphere and what was the end result?

Zeke, how cold should the world be? What is wrong if Canada is warmer then freezing ass cold?

That is the million dollar question, what is the right temperature and where is it measured. Or if you prefer, what is the right about of heat in the atmosphere. Just saying colder and less ain't an answer.

I've been with DU since the 70's when they put up their first zones south of Golden BC on the Columbia.

I have championed water works from hell and back. I fought the fight for no mercury. I have been there and done it. I hold my victories proud.

This is all a lie. GHG's is a lie.

Match me on my conservation efforts and then we will talk.

The answer to that is yes. One can confirm it here simply by looking at reduction in glaciers in the Cascades. For those of us that have had 7 decades to watch this happen, it is readily apparent.

So, you have changed from Dry to Tropical? Maybe you could provide the factors that determine climate then we can understand the changes more readily.

I have a problem with so called scientests who loved being climate rock stars skewing data.

Zeke, how cold should the world be? What is wrong if Canada is warmer then freezing ass cold?

That is the million dollar question, what is the right temperature and where is it measured. Or if you prefer, what is the right about of heat in the atmosphere. Just saying colder and less ain't an answer.

hey hey hey....

9 months of winter and 3 months of bad skating.....

when we riot losing the Stanley Cup we have deep seated reasons.......

Or when you delete Serbia from data or when you move a data collector (I'm being generous here) to a black top parking lot in Phoenix and skew results.

they almost got away with it and thank the good lord they didn't.

I still think they all need to be outed and punished, but that's for another day.

That bullshit was disproven in the Berkeley climate study;

Berkeley Earth

It is people like yourself that are trying to get away with flat out lies concerning what the scientists have found.

I'm a Delingpole baby.

You know normally I stay out of this bullshit forum where you all pharump your we are killing the planet crap you don't fix a thing.

EVER. Fix what? Capture carbon? What moondream is this?

Instead of really attempting to help China to wean itself off of coal before it kills it's population?

What moondream are you on?

Don't you seriously care or are you just that mimicking that bloated rich warthog Gore?

We're Number One: U.S. Installed Most Wind Power In 2012, U.S. Company GE Wind Is #1 Supplier | ThinkProgress

The United States recaptured its title as the worldʹs largest market with 13,124 MW of new wind power installed in 2012. China came a close second with 12,960 MW, followed by Germany, India, and the U.K.

World Solar Power Topped 100,000 Megawatts in 2012 : TreeHugger

China, where PV had previously been too expensive to be widely adopted, may soon lead the world in generating electricity from PV. Each year since 2006 China has at least doubled the amount of new PV installed nationwide. After installing 5,000 megawatts in 2012, China is number three in the world with 8,300 megawatts of total PV capacity, trailing only Germany and Italy. And in July 2013, the government officially set a new national PV capacity goal of 35,000 megawatts by 2015.

Depending on China’s 2013 final tally, Japan could well install the most PV this year, perhaps more than 9,000 megawatts. This would give Japan some 16,000 megawatts of solar capacity—over halfway to its official 2020 target of 28,000 megawatts. Historically, Japan has been the world’s leading market for residential rooftop PV; in 2011, some 85 percent of PV capacity added there was residential. After the March 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster, though, the government introduced a generous incentive encouraging larger projects, thus spurring huge investment in utility-scale PV capacity.

Seems that you are unable to keep up with what is happening in the real world.

Berkeley Earth

It is people like yourself that are trying to get away with flat out lies concerning what the scientists have found.

I'm a Delingpole baby.

You know normally I stay out of this bullshit forum where you all pharump your we are killing the planet crap you don't fix a thing.

Instead of really attempting to help China to wean itself off of coal before it kills it's population?

Don't you seriously care or are you just that mimicking that bloated rich warthog Gore?

We're Number One: U.S. Installed Most Wind Power In 2012, U.S. Company GE Wind Is #1 Supplier | ThinkProgress

The United States recaptured its title as the worldʹs largest market with 13,124 MW of new wind power installed in 2012. China came a close second with 12,960 MW, followed by Germany, India, and the U.K.

China, where PV had previously been too expensive to be widely adopted, may soon lead the world in generating electricity from PV. Each year since 2006 China has at least doubled the amount of new PV installed nationwide. After installing 5,000 megawatts in 2012, China is number three in the world with 8,300 megawatts of total PV capacity, trailing only Germany and Italy. And in July 2013, the government officially set a new national PV capacity goal of 35,000 megawatts by 2015.

Depending on China’s 2013 final tally, Japan could well install the most PV this year, perhaps more than 9,000 megawatts. This would give Japan some 16,000 megawatts of solar capacity—over halfway to its official 2020 target of 28,000 megawatts. Historically, Japan has been the world’s leading market for residential rooftop PV; in 2011, some 85 percent of PV capacity added there was residential. After the March 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster, though, the government introduced a generous incentive encouraging larger projects, thus spurring huge investment in utility-scale PV capacity.

What happens when all that energy is taken out of the atmosphere? Just asking.

What is your point? Local temperatures do not mean anything, particularly when you are taking a snapshot of a single month.

Or when you delete Serbia from data or when you move a data collector (I'm being generous here) to a black top parking lot in Phoenix and skew results.

they almost got away with it and thank the good lord they didn't.

I still think they all need to be outed and punished, but that's for another day.

Sure, with real data and facts though. Every time I see another ‘it’s cold here’ post it makes me cringe. There is a reason that they call them ‘deniers.’ If you use local temperatures in one small segment of the planet to ‘refute’ global warming then it makes all the counter arguments look invalid.

Berkeley Earth

I'm a Delingpole baby.

Renewables advocates always post up growth numbers that cause the readers jaw to drop......but only the jaws of the uninformed. The same numbers are never posted up relative to other energy markets.......if they were, people would be laughing their asses off. The reason is.......renewables continue to be a little itty, bitty sliver of the energy market......far, far less than 10%.......and will be even 30 years from now.!!!

North Pole Sees Unprecedented July Cold – Arctic Sees Shortest Summer On Record

Where did that nonsense come from?

Back in the real world, it was quite warm in the Arctic for the first 3 weeks in July, then the last week it shifted to cloudy and cold. It's been very warm in Alaska and Siberia, causing some record forest/tundra fires, but the warmth hasn't extended towards the pole. Declaring one cooler week means "shortest summer on record" is just retarded.

It's definitely not going to be a record-breaking season for Arctic ice this year. That's how the randomness of weather works. There was a record low in 2007, then again in 2012. You don't get new record lows every year, just like you don't get a new record high global average temp every year, but with the slowly increasing temps, it is a guarantee that new records will eventually show.

North Pole Sees Unprecedented July Cold – Arctic Sees Shortest Summer On Record

Where did that nonsense come from?

Back in the real world, it was quite warm in the Arctic for the first 3 weeks in July, then the last week it shifted to cloudy and cold. It's been very warm in Alaska and Siberia, causing some record forest/tundra fires, but the warmth hasn't extended towards the pole. Declaring one cooler week means "shortest summer on record" is just retarded.

It's definitely not going to be a record-breaking season for Arctic ice this year. That's how the randomness of weather works. There was a record low in 2007, then again in 2012. You don't get new record lows every year, just like you don't get a new record high global average temp every year, but with the slowly increasing temps, it is a guarantee that new records will eventually show.

sweetie......you're like the woman standing stark naked in the middle of Siberia shouting, "FIRE!!!". You committed climate nutters just melt down when the data fucks up your world view.......its like you getting up with your morning coffee and having to sit your ass right down on a big old telephone pole.

Shit.....you even pwn yourself in this last post sweets:eusa_dance::up::eusa_dance::up::eusa_dance::up:........"that's how the randomness of weather works". You stupid dummy......exactly opposite of what you normally say on here with your rants about inevitable disaster. That's what is so brilliant about the whole warmist schemes......they morph the data into whatever they want to. When the data screws up their narrative, its "randomness"......but otherwise, its anything but random. But that whole ruse has been exposed and this story is just one of many, many examples that have been pouring in over recent years and fucking up the whole Al Gore landscape.:2up:

losing

Last edited:

I've been with DU since the 70's when they put up their first zones south of Golden BC on the Columbia.

I have championed water works from hell and back. I fought the fight for no mercury. I have been there and done it. I hold my victories proud.

This is all a lie. GHG's is a lie.

Match me on my conservation efforts and then we will talk.

So, you have done all of this, and you are willing to watch it all go away while you deny science known since 1858. I have little respect for your so called achievements when you are throwing them away on a point of political nonsense. Kind of like watching a rich man turn into a street bum alcoholic.

So, you have changed from Dry to Tropical? Maybe you could provide the factors that determine climate then we can understand the changes more readily.

LOL. Fellow, perhaps you need a refresher in geography. Portland is hardly dry, except for our summer period. Ours is a very temperate climate, one which does not vary that much from season to season.

The Future of Snow Sports in Oregon and the Northwest

Rain, Rain, and more Rain: Pacific Northwest winters will gradually become more and more wet, and the wetness will be composed of more and more rain, because winter temperatures are going to continue to get warmer. Average snow levels will continue to rise year by year, decade by decade. Even now, the major ski resorts at Government Camp on Mt. Hood have been struggling with deficient snows and economic ruin (see image of 2005 drought, 61 degrees and zero snow in early February)....

Actually, the very wet Winter 2005-2006 has been more typical of what's to come than the drought winter of 2004-2005 was....read on, please.....

Winter 2005-2006 has had persistently heavy rains, and temperatures have tended to be above to much above normal during the heaviest rainy spells. The net effect has been especially notable within the vast timbered zones of the Cascades below about 2,500 feet, where there is virtually no snow cover at the end of January. Meanwhile, at the highest areas like 6,000 ft. Timberline Lodge snows are actually about 120% of long-term normals.

But for most of Oregon's children, there have been far too many boring winters with zero snowfall.... Experts predict that such a pattern will continue, and will worsen during the 21st. Century....You are entitled to groan, "Great, just what we wanted! Winters that are even more cloudy, more gloomy, and more rainy!" And the groans ought to get deeper knowing that it'll often be too warm to make good snow up in our favorite mountains! ........ January 2006: Let's take a look at January 2006 to illustrate the general nature of what experts predict will become our new climatic normal-- January 2006 had almost 11 inches of rainfall, much above long-term climatic normals from the past... Every single day of the month had temperatures above normal, from 1 to 15 degrees above the long-term normals from the past...Even though it was January, Portland's coldest month, the temerature never even got close to freezing, the lowest of the whole month was 36 degrees, and by January 30th, this author was noticing many bulbs about to start blooming in his yard and garden. January 2006 had zero snowfall, and only 3 days without rainfall. The sky was rated as "cloudy" every day except two, and those two barely made the category "partly-cloudy." So January 2006, well, GET USED TO IT, say the experts!

I like the way people like to look at historical weather data and draw the conclusion that nothing is changing that hasn't happened before. Of course the before part was before there were billions of humans on the planet.

But what the hell.

The question I like to ask is WHEN in the history of the earth has man burned trillions of pounds of coal and oil and then put that carbon back into the atmosphere?

Seeing as how we have never done that till the past couple hundred years or so, seems like there would be no historical evidence to point to and say; not a problem.

We really don't know what burning trillions of tons of carbon will do eventually. Especially considering that the best carbon traps (huge forests) are being cut down.

The last time we had this much carbon in the atmosphere, the volcanoes of the earth wee going bat shit crazy spewing shit everywhere.

Do you think those volcanoes and that carbon had any impact on the earth or are those scientists lying about that also?

So the fact that BEFORE there were billions of people on the planet, the same type of climate changes that happened THEN are not applicable now becuase we have billions of people on the planet???

ROFL, okay then... SO we can consider evolution a one time thing and done now that we are here?

Forum List

Back