North Pole Sees Unprecedented July Cold – Arctic Sees Shortest Summer On Record — ‘No

Seems to me the first problem is agreeing on the freakin' data.

We can't have a constructive conversation on climate change when both "sides" of the debate bring entirely different data to the table. One day I'll hear the earth is cooling, the next day I'll hear the earth is warming.

As usual, both "sides" need to grow the fuck up and get over themselves.

What is your take? Which "side" do you fall on?

While I am not in any way activist on this issue, I am convinced that we are experiencing climate change and that our activities are contributing to it.

Based on what hard, observed, repeatable data? Data that actually points a finger towards man's activities rather than vague corelatory data. The one smoking gun, fingerprint of man being the cause was the hot spot in the troposphere and it has never materialized...so what hard data do you base your position on?

Old Rocks and the AGW Cult is now saying that the CO2 is altering the Jet Stream

Seriously?

Old Rocks and the AGW Cult is now saying that the CO2 is altering the Jet Stream

Seriously?

He'll if you believe it can cause the colder atmosphere to heat up the warmer surface then you could believe anything about it. If it can overcome the second law of thermodynamics then what can't it overcome?

Seriously?

He'll if you believe it can cause the colder atmosphere to heat up the warmer surface then you could believe anything about it. If it can overcome the second law of thermodynamics then what can't it overcome?

Considering that the theory is entirely based on the idea that carbon reflects radiated heat back on to the planet I don’t see how the second law applies here at all. We are not talking about heat passing from one entity to another; we are talking about potential heat (energy) radiating out from the earth being reflected BACK to the surface. I don’t see why that would mean the atmosphere would heat up at all.

Seriously?

Considering that the theory is entirely based on the idea that carbon reflects radiated heat back on to the planet I don’t see how the second law applies here at all. We are not talking about heat passing from one entity to another; we are talking about potential heat (energy) radiating out from the earth being reflected BACK to the surface. I don’t see why that would mean the atmosphere would heat up at all.

First The surface is one entity the atmosphere another one.. If they aren't transfering heat between them you have no case.

Second, according to AGW theory the problem isn't any reflected heat, but rather heat re-radiated back to the warmer surface, it's heat source, from the cooler atmosphere,specifically GH gases..

Why is it if we ask 5 warmers the same question on the theory they support so strongly, we get 5 different and usually incorrect versions? You guys really should stop getting your science from Al Gore..

And I have a problem with global warming deniers who can't even TRY and answer the very logical questions that I posed.

I read where you are a big conservationist. So when was the last time man burned trillions of pounds of carbon, put it back into the atmosphere and what was the end result?

Zeke, how cold should the world be? What is wrong if Canada is warmer then freezing ass cold?

That is the million dollar question, what is the right temperature and where is it measured. Or if you prefer, what is the right about of heat in the atmosphere. Just saying colder and less ain't an answer.

hey hey hey....

9 months of winter and 3 months of bad skating.....

when we riot losing the Stanley Cup we have deep seated reasons.......

I said that about Canada just for you Tiny.

First The surface is one entity the atmosphere another one.. If they aren't transfering heat between them you have no case.

Second, according to AGW theory the problem isn't any reflected heat, but rather heat re-radiated back to the warmer surface, it's heat source, from the cooler atmosphere,specifically GH gases..

Why is it if we ask 5 warmers the same question on the theory they support so strongly, we get 5 different and usually incorrect versions? You guys really should stop getting your science from Al Gore..

Us warmers?

Here we go again. Your arguments would be stronger if you did not assume things about the people that you are talking to. I am not a ‘warmer’ as you call it.

Seriously?

of all the gases they could have picked co2 is the worst

co2 is a great conductor and a very poor insulator

cant wait to see the averages in New York by summers end......we had a 5 day heat wave about two weeks ago and other than that very few beach days, very unlike 20 or 30 years ago!!!

more k00k losing.

Us warmers?

Here we go again. Your arguments would be stronger if you did not assume things about the people that you are talking to. I am not a ‘warmer’ as you call it.

Well then you're not a warmer, my bad, your post was kind of obscure..

I assumed incorrectly though, I apologize..

However,you may want to read up on the theory..

Seriously?

Doesn't "heat up the surface".. It slows the rate of cooling to the heavens.. A new slightly higher equilibrium temp is eventually created with NEW energy coming in from the Sun that pumps it 12 hrs a day..

Nothing is violated --- except your foolish pride... :eusa_angel:

((I can only ignore so much -- I apologize --- carry on.. ))

Last edited:

Seriously?

The Greenhouse Effect is caused by the ABSORPTION of infrared (ie longwave) radiation by certain gases; not reflection.

Keeping an eye on this FCT?

N_stddev_timeseries.png

Seriously?

Of course it does, dumbass. You being too 'effin stupid to grasp basic concepts doesn't mean they're not true. It just means you're a retard.

Speaking just about the north polar jet, it's driven by the temp difference between the north polar regions and mid-latitudes, which drives the Hadley circulation. When the north polar area warms more than the mid-latitudes, the delta-T decreases, so the north polar jet weakens. Like a slow river, it starts meandering more, and the big loops allow warm air to move north and cool air to move south. Which we've seen this summer, with Canada's northwest territories recently being warmer than the mid-USA.

Last edited:

The Greenhouse Effect is caused by the ABSORPTION of infrared (ie longwave) radiation by certain gases; not reflection.

That would make the fact that the air is not heating up like the oceans a confusing data point then. Do any of the proponents of the theory have a cause for this?

Keeping an eye on this FCT?

N_stddev_timeseries.png

I have to see it from time to time.. Our warmer choir is absolutely fixated on it.

But I've told you --- I don't do ice.. It's a non-linear indicator of warming. 0.5deg doesn't make an whit of difference up there 10 months of the year.

The real farce is the basis for that graph.. When 15% is the criterion for "iced" -- you're just counting ice cubes.. And ANY significant weather can change that distribution..

It's good for keeping the kiddies busy...

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back