Normalising death: The business of drones

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
A death bringing car bomb, or a bomb carried by a person is considered bad, but a bomb delivered from 20,000 feet is OK?
As the leading suppliers, users and developers of drones, the US and Israel have defined the landscape of the industry.
While families bury and mourn loved ones struck dead by US and Israeli drone attacks and pundits examine casus belli, US drone manufacturers are hard at work strategising their industry's business plans.

As the two leading suppliers, users and developers of drone technology, the US and Israel have defined the landscape of the industry. While this leads to an inherent competition, the industries maintain a more co-operative than adversarial relationship.

American drone manufacturers have benefitted widely from the kind of warfare and attendant weaponry that Israel has helped pioneer. Not only did America's initial drone capabilities come from Israel, but the policy of targeted assassinations, under which 300 American drone strikes have been deployed by the Obama administration, was instigated by Israel.

Lisa Hajjar, professor of sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara, documents that Israel implemented a policy of targeted killings during the first intifada but it only became an official policy in September 2000. According to Hajjar, at that point, Israel "became the first state in the world to officially proclaim a policy of 'liquidation' and 'preemptive targeted killing'".

A little over a year later, in January 2002, the US followed Israel's lead by assassinating an alleged member of al-Qaeda, Ali Qaed Sinan al-Harthi, and five others in Yemen in January 2002.
Normalising death: The business of drones :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dal medio oriente :: information from middle east :: [gd]

notice the JOS POV-------slitting the throat of an infant IN PERSON
is HOLY------

• Banned
Yes, but it's just your opinion, and if I ever need your opinion I could always just scrape it off my shoe

We've had cruise missiles forever. So what about drones? Even the nazis had the V2. Everyone wants to fight from far away. That's the manly thing to do these days.

Drones are used by advanced states which can afford to keep their pilots safer. Completely logical and a definite rend for the future.

I support the use of drones and ALSO believe that Israel makes a huge mistake
by making INCURSIONS into gaza in response to KASSAM ROCKETS
Instead Israel should return land to land MISSILES into Gaza Sending
bomber jets is a waste of fuel and MOST OF ALL a waste of personnel

Drones are used by advanced states which can afford to keep their pilots safer. Completely logical and a definite rend for the future.

Israel's way too chicken to go into Gaza. They're waiting quietly for Iran to make some nukes.

Yes, but it's just your opinion, and if I ever need your opinion I could always just scrape it off my shoe
...Jos whines, or would that be the Muslim call to prayer? LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNZMtfY0iX4]Oscar the Donkey who cries like a baby - YouTube[/ame]

LMAO! IMA IS SO FUNNY. You see folks, if Israel stays out of Gaza, it is because "Israel is way to chicken to go into Gaza."

And if Israel does go into Gaza, it is because Israel is a Zionazi war monger.

Oh Ima, I love you for all the laughs you give us.

Israel's way too chicken to go into Gaza. They're waiting quietly for Iran to make some nukes.

LMAO! IMA IS SO FUNNY. You see folks, if Israel stays out of Gaza, it is because "Israel is way to chicken to go into Gaza."

Yup, they live in this parallel universe where Israel is afraid of Hamas. Ha ha ha!

Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I'm just calling em as I see em. The IDF are a buncha pussies.

We've had cruise missiles forever. So what about drones? Even the nazis had the V2. Everyone wants to fight from far away. That's the manly thing to do these days.

lolol...well, i suppose everybody could be like you. you know, get up off their fat lazy asses and go out and NOT join the army.

lolol...well, i suppose everybody could be like you. you know, get up off their fat lazy asses and go out and NOT join the army.

If you're into peace, that's the thing to do.

Forum List

Back