Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me, Guess I'll.......

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I first saw the headline and this old summer camp song came to me. Then I read the story and felt kind of bad that I laughed about it when some of the kids were molested. But then I realized...the title to the article is:

State: Day Care Kids Forced To Eat Worms, Smell Feet

Is it just me or does this seem a little odd? Ten children were molested by a church-run day care and they choose to use that for the headline?

POSTED: 12:56 pm EDT July 22, 2005

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The state has suspended the licenses of two church-affiliated day care centers.

Former director Joshua Palin is charged with molesting ten children, some of them during what investigators say were twisted games of Truth or Dare.

At the centers, children were allegedly sexually assaulted and forced to eat worms, pick each other's noses and smell each other's feet during employee-led games of "Truth or Dare."

Former director Joshua Palin is charged with molesting ten children, some of them during what investigators say were twisted games of Truth or Dare. He is the son of the affiliated church's pastor.

Palin was originally charged last month with molesting two girls. He's being held on bond.

Another day care center worker Tammy Sue Warren is free on bond on a charge of lewd and lascivious exhibition. A state report states that she lifted up her shirt during a game of Truth or Dare with the children.

And Claudia Foster is accused of making children eat worms, smell each other's feet and pick each other's noses during Truth or Dare.

But the state attorney's office says they won't prosecute Foster because the actions are not crimes.

http://www.local6.com/news/4758288/detail.html

GotZoom said:
I first saw the headline and this old summer camp song came to me. Then I read the story and felt kind of bad that I laughed about it when some of the kids were molested. But then I realized...the title to the article is:

State: Day Care Kids Forced To Eat Worms, Smell Feet

Is it just me or does this seem a little odd? Ten children were molested by a church-run day care and they choose to use that for the headline?

Tragic to say, but I think Florida has had so many cases of child sexual abuse, etc., in the news, that eating worms makes a more shocking headline now. :dunno: :confused:

Forum List

Back