No Wal Mart in DC?

I dont see the big deal here. this is a local community decided what they want in there town. You dont get much more conservative than this.

Then again the same people complaining about this didnt want the 9/11 mosque being built either.
which just shows they arent really conservative and just want people to do things their way.

Oh well.

So does this local comunity want it's people to pay more for the same cheap crap that's made in China ?

Why does it matter to you? be an adult, dont shop there.

There is a town here in Mass or maybe Maine, where you need to have certain codes and your building needs to look a certain way in order to have a store there. That way you keep the theme of the town intact and it doesn't become like every other town,

You going to complain about that too?

:lol: Who are the ones doing the complaining here ?

Spoken by someone with a job.

I believe there are many that would die for a mjaor retialer moving in to NYC.

Heaven forbid a corporation expand and hire people.

that's the solution to the problem that we don't want fixed.

A coporation that is not under the thumb of a union must be evil.

from personal expierence, wal mart does suck to work for. But it was a job, and that's what I needed to get over the hump.

I dont see the big deal here. this is a local community decided what they want in there town. You dont get much more conservative than this.

Then again the same people complaining about this didnt want the 9/11 mosque being built either.
which just shows they arent really conservative and just want people to do things their way.

Oh well.

got links to prove that?

My problem with Wal Mart is the same problem with all the big chain stores. I think it's a real big problem in the US today (just using Wal Mart here as an example). Think about it, what happens when a Wal Mart moves in?

-They get the majority of their products cheap, and from China. The rest they get at cheaper prices for buying in bulk.
-This allows them to charge lower prices than the mom-and-pop stores in the area
-Less people shop at the mom-and-pop stores as a result
-The money that goes to these big chains now leaves your neighborhood forever. If it's used at a mom-and-pop store, it at least stays in your area

Pretty much these stores while they do create jobs-they take jobs away from the other smaller stores in the area.

But most importantly they take money out of the local economy, which wont come back.

I think it's up to a community whether they want a Wal Mart (Target, KMart, etc.) or not. The short term benefits of these stores doesn't equal the long-term loss.

edit: to clarify I don't see these stores as immoral, and they should have the right to do business. I got no problems with that. But if a community doesn't want them there-they should be allowed to not allow them.

Last edited:

Oh well.

got links to prove that?

Prove what? Where you against the 9-11 mosque? Is this some new Rightwing strategy to cry about what towns and cities do because you don't like the choice they made?
Does this even affect you?

Prove that the same people that didn't want the masque are the same people that don't want wal-mart.

that's a very broad claim. So I asked you to prove it, since I am against the mosque, b/c it's bad manners and don't care what wal-mart does where.

No need for jobs now. We're gonna pay for them to not work. That's the new American Dream.

Don't worry, we're doing better on jobs here than most other places. I think I heard yesterday that unemployment has now fallen to 8.2%. We're recovering and we surely don't need a Wal-Mart here.

I am positive that those who are on the lower end of the pay scale would disagree with you. :eusa_whistle:

And they don't get much lower on the payscale than Walmart. And if I remember correctly many Walmart employees qualify for welfare.

Forum List

Back