No Terrorist attacks while Bush was President

All I have to say on this subject is this:

The Bush administration spent trillions of deficit-creating dollars to put a system in place that would supposedly 1) stop things like this from happening, and 2) destroy the terrorist organizations.

Since Mr Obama hasn't defunded any of the Bush era programs, which are all still in existence, doesn't the fact that these things are still happening mean that the Republican-led War on Terror was a tremendous failure?

Just saying...

The machine seemed to work fine when he was at the wheel.

There were more of these minor terror attacks than just the ones listed. But the idea is more of stopping the larger scale attacks on defensible infrastructure like airplanes.

So by the same logic the machine was working just fine when Clinton was at the wheel, correct?

The Bush administration spent trillions of deficit-creating dollars to put a system in place that would supposedly 1) stop things like this from happening, and 2) destroy the terrorist organizations.

Since Mr Obama hasn't defunded any of the Bush era programs, which are all still in existence, doesn't the fact that these things are still happening mean that the Republican-led War on Terror was a tremendous failure?

Just saying...

There were more of these minor terror attacks than just the ones listed. But the idea is more of stopping the larger scale attacks on defensible infrastructure like airplanes.

So by the same logic the machine was working just fine when Clinton was at the wheel, correct?

No. Janet Reno effectively destroyed any possibility of finding the 9/11 hijackers by putting up walls between the federal investigative agencies and the Nation's intel agencies. Granted some attacks were foiled (i.e. LAX bomber) but this was PURE LUCK as no one had a clue about this guys intentions.

No. Janet Reno effectively destroyed any possibility of finding the 9/11 hijackers by putting up walls between the federal investigative agencies and the Nation's intel agencies. Granted some attacks were foiled (i.e. LAX bomber) but this was PURE LUCK as no one had a clue about this guys intentions.

So the same outcome only works with a con at the wheel. Got it...

Umm, not for nothing, but the intelligence community did tell Bush that there was an imminent attack planned before 9/11.

Thus that famous memo the Bush administration ignored.

Now, I'm not the type to blame anyone for that attack except the bastards who pulled it off, but if you want to go about assigning blame, that would be a pretty obvious place to start I think.

Just saying...

How do people get this stupid? I give you exhibit A above. This dumb shit can't read and understand what he reads. I don't care about your message or any of the politics right now, just so you know, I only want you to pull your head out of your ass and keep up with the conversation.

Let me spell it out for you in words small enough for any dipshit to handle.

1. Some guy said Bush spent trillions putting a system(machine) in place.
2. He said the machine is still there and said it must not work because this guy got through the other day.
3. I said the only difference is the operator.
4. There have only been two operators of said machine, Bush(Jr.), and Obama.
5. Clinton was president from '93-2000

Try to say shit that makes sense from now on.

Umm, not for nothing, but the intelligence community did tell Bush that there was an imminent attack planned before 9/11.

Thus that famous memo the Bush administration ignored.

Now, I'm not the type to blame anyone for that attack except the bastards who pulled it off, but if you want to go about assigning blame, that would be a pretty obvious place to start I think.

Ummm. We are supposed to ignore that Bush ignored the terrorist treat prior to 9-11. The blame game doesn't work when you are equally or more to blame...

How do people get this stupid? I give you exhibit A above. This dumb shit can't read and understand what he reads. I don't care about your message or any of the politics right now, just so you know, I only want you to pull your head out of your ass and keep up with the conversation.

Let me spell it out for you in words small enough for any dipshit to handle.

1. Some guy said Bush spent trillions putting a system(machine) in place.
2. He said the machine is still there and said it must not work because this guy got through the other day.
3. I said the only difference is the operator.
4. There have only been two operators of said machine, Bush(Jr.), and Obama.
5. Clinton was president from '93-2000

Try to say shit that makes sense from now on.

So it is the machine not outcome and when the machine and outcome are the same we ignore it and blame Obama. I'm with you. Don't worry.

It certainly ain't working with a community organizer at the wheel now is it? Fucking smart ass.

It certainly ain't working with a community organizer at the wheel now is it? Fucking smart ass.

So, you're suggesting that Mr Obama should travel to every airport and check people himself?

Doesn't that seem like a bit of micromanaging to you?

Or are you suggesting that Obama made some changes to the machine that was put in place that made his administration less effective than his predecessor?

If so, please feel free to list the exact changes to airport security that Mr Obama made.

We can wait.

Last edited:

Just saying...

Obama cut back on Defense so this isn't true. He wants to get rid of nukes and he defunded the F22 program. What other programs has he defunded.

I'm just saying.

At least as good as a failed business owner. What you fail to understand is that in a democracy comprised of many ideologies any security system that is dependent on a single ideology is a failure. By your logic Bush designed a failed system. So why are you surprised at his failure?

Obama cut back on Defense so this isn't true. He wants to get rid of nukes and he defunded the F22 program. What other programs has he defunded.

I'm just saying.

None in the Homeland Defense budget, which is separate from the military budget.

And obviously Nukes and F22's have no bearing on terrorist attacks on airplanes. Unless you're suggesting we could have taken out "the Nigerian" with an ICBM.

I think Obama's actions in the war on terror are so similar to Bush's that there is little point in trying to draw distinctions. Bush did a good job at handling it and I think he was successful in limiting the scope and number of terror attacks here in the U.S. It seems to me that Obama is continuing along the path that Bush set pretty well. He has not developed a radically different method or approach to preventing terrorism here in the U.S. To criticize Obama along these lines is vapid, shallow, pointless, fruitless, inane, and basically futile until such time as he makes changes that are significant.

The one thing I believe Obama deserves some criticism on is his rhetoric. He definitely doesn't talk a good game as Bush did.

There, I've said my peace. It seems to me that most of these discussions are just taking sides more than anything and not really about the issues.

At least as good as a failed business owner. What you fail to understand is that in a democracy comprised of many ideologies any security system that is dependent on a single ideology is a failure. By your logic Bush designed a failed system. So why are you surprised at his failure?

This is a federal Republic dumb ass...try again.

Look, personally I think the Bush administration did do a heck of a lot of needed improvements to our security.

But I'm not the one who's trying to blame someone for this particular incident. I also don't blame the Bush administration for 9/11, or the Clinton adminstration for that matter.

Trying to blame Obama's administration for a failure in the system that Bush specifically put in place to prevent this type of incident is the height of hypocrisy.

I'm just saying.

None in the Homeland Defense budget, which is separate from the military budget.

And obviously Nukes and F22's have no bearing on terrorist attacks on airplanes. Unless you're suggesting we could have taken out "the Nigerian" with an ICBM.

Would have done the job instead of the cluster that was going on in Detroit yesterday.

Obama set out immediately gutting the protections Bush and Cheney put in place. Can't get into specifics but it has manifested itself in a kinder more gentle approach to fighting the "Oversea Contingency Operation".

Last edited:
I think Obama's actions in the war on terror are so similar to Bush's that there is little point in trying to draw distinctions. Bush did a good job at handling it and I think he was successful in limiting the scope and number of terror attacks here in the U.S. It seems to me that Obama is continuing along the path that Bush set pretty well. He has not developed a radically different method or approach to preventing terrorism here in the U.S. To criticize Obama along these lines is vapid, shallow, pointless, fruitless, inane, and basically futile until such time as he makes changes that are significant.

The one thing I believe Obama deserves some criticism on is his rhetoric. He definitely doesn't talk a good game as Bush did.

There, I've said my peace. It seems to me that most of these discussions are just taking sides more than anything and not really about the issues.

Well said.

Look, personally I think the Bush administration did do a heck of a lot of needed improvements to our security.

But I'm not the one who's trying to blame someone for this particular incident. I also don't blame the Bush administration for 9/11, or the Clinton adminstration for that matter.

Trying to blame Obama's administration for a failure in the system that Bush specifically put in place to prevent this type of incident is the height of hypocrisy.

This is how I see it.

btw I just came from the lying thread.....

Would have done the job instead of the cluster that's going on in Detroit yesterday.

Obama set out immediately gutting the protections Bush and Cheney put in place. Can't get into specifics but it has manifested itself in a kinder more gentle approach to fighting the "Oversea Contingency Operation".

You say Obama "gutted" some protections. That statement is innacurate.

If you think Obama "gutted protections Bush and Cheney put in place", then surely you can list some of them for us.

Forum List

Back