No STOTU

, Most people want improvement in our immigration policy's, most people have no problem with better border security. how did we get stuck with a wall as the only possible solution? what's wrong with 5.7 billion & see what that accomplishes. do we always have to throw huge amounts of our money at a problem.

I don't know of anyone who says a wall is the only possible solution. However, it is part of the solution.

Shouldn’t we take an accurate census of illegals? Why dew ewe libtards block that?
How do you plan on doing that? Seriously, tell me.
have ice accompany every single census taker with shirts that have
displayed ICE front and back. Double check every single social security card number in use and verify the ownership of each card.

The only slippery slope is the one your brain is on as is slides closer and closer to your ass
Enjoy your slide! Pelosi built you a fine one! She’s winning!

What is she winning? Is the shutdown over?
She has made history! Refused a sitting President, duly elected by the people, access to the House of Representatives. We the taxpayers fund that house and every single person who works there is paid by us, the American taxpayer! Shee’s A **** and she’s winning. For now! Karma is coming.

So, you're celebrating her win for herself, though she's doing NOTHING to end the shutdown. Good to see where your priorities are.
The only slippery slope is the one your brain is on as is slides closer and closer to your ass

She has made history! Refused a sitting President, duly elected by the people, access to the House of Representatives. We the taxpayers fund that house and every single person who works there is paid by us, the American taxpayer! Shee’s A **** and she’s winning. For now! Karma is coming.

So, you're celebrating her win for herself, though she's doing NOTHING to end the shutdown. Good to see where your priorities are.
You don’t know me jackass! I want a wall. A very big big bigly steel wall!

You don’t know me jackass! I want a wall. A very big big bigly steel wall!

Well....good luck with that.

Republican speaker to Democrat President! ‘Hey! You may not enter the hollowed halls of the house to deliver your state of the union address because I don’t like it that you want amnesty for illegals! Deal with it jerk! See? How powerful I am? Go suck eggs!”

757d2d1736e0e765566a62bcccc5fb00a819d5161e673075ebbca0c8ddb66c4f.jpg
:bang3:

Pointing to the slippery slope fallacy does not prove ANYTHING.

I wish everyone would stop identifying fallacies, then declaring victory. It is clear that NOBODY on USMB understands them.

It's like a doctor identifying a patient's symptoms, then declaring them cured.

Identifying the slippery slope fallacy only allows one to find the weakness in an argument and develop a counter-argument.

You have identified a potential weakness in a argument, and did NOTHING WITH IT.

BUT, let's assume that you did. Here, we can PROVE a slippery slope. WHY?

Democrats and Republicans have played the payback game for the past 60 years. The past is a good indicator of the future. The fact that payback has occurred MULTIPLE times in the past is pretty compelling evidence that it will likely occur when a Democrat president tries to deliver a SOTU address to a Republican house.

Something has your panties all twisted today.
Settle. You are going to give yourself a myocardial infarction you little whiny brat.

Nancy Pelosi

✔@SpeakerPelosi

Mr. President, I hope by saying “near future” you mean you will support the House-passed package to #EndTheShutdown that the Senate will vote on tomorrow. Please accept this proposal so we can re-open government, repay our federal workers and then negotiate our differences.

seems tRump dropped the ball again........~S~
She has no intentions of negotiating. And,
says Pelosi. Trump blinks!

Trump says he will give State of the Union after shutdown is over

But! You know Miss Karma don’t you? Yes! This sets a precedent. Any Republican speaker of the house may now call off the state of the union address. They can and they will.

So basically democrats have shat upon the presidency both demonRat and a Republican.

Yep, every time there is a shutdown at the time of the SOTU address it will be in jeopardy...and that is such a common occurrence that this is the first time in history it has happened.

You people and your made up slippery slopes
No shutdown wil be required! They can just call off the stout because they want too. The shutdown was just an excuse to wield power by dumbass Pelosi! Power changes hands!

why even trump said he would own this shutdown he is proud to have shutdown the government only fools think otherwise..what is he hiding with this shutdown? have you ask yourself that...of course not you would rather just buy his bs and lies....why have a state of the union while the government is shut down?
yes he did! He’s sick of illegals crossing freely into this country indulging in drug trafficking, human trafficking and murdering Americans! Pelosi does not give a shit! She rejects that information. Not one penny for our protection. Fuck Pelosi, fuck democrats and fuck you open border types!

You know, this could be politically bad for Trump. Someone finally stood up to Trump, told him no, and he backed down. Wonder how many other politicians are going to start telling him no?

Republican speaker to Democrat President! ‘Hey! You may not enter the hollowed halls of the house to deliver your state of the union address because I don’t like it that you want amnesty for illegals! Deal with it jerk! See? How powerful I am? Go suck eggs!”

757d2d1736e0e765566a62bcccc5fb00a819d5161e673075ebbca0c8ddb66c4f.jpg
:bang3:

Pointing to the slippery slope fallacy does not prove ANYTHING.

I wish everyone would stop identifying fallacies, then declaring victory. It is clear that NOBODY on USMB understands them.

It's like a doctor identifying a patient's symptoms, then declaring them cured.

Identifying the slippery slope fallacy only allows one to find the weakness in an argument and develop a counter-argument.

You have identified a potential weakness in a argument, and did NOTHING WITH IT.

BUT, let's assume that you did. Here, we can PROVE a slippery slope. WHY?

Democrats and Republicans have played the payback game for the past 60 years. The past is a good indicator of the future. The fact that payback has occurred MULTIPLE times in the past is pretty compelling evidence that it will likely occur when a Democrat president tries to deliver a SOTU address to a Republican house.

Actually, I think I have done more than just claim victory.

I pointed out that the current situation is unique in American history, we have never had a POTUS scheduled to deliver a SOTU address when his very government was shutdown. Also, he has not been told he cannot do it, it has been postponed till the shutdown is over, that is very different than canceled.

The events right now are a perfect storm that will not likely be replicated anytime in the near, or even distant future.

While democrats are announcing their plans to run in 2020 TRUMP is setting Pelosi up to remain the face of the democratic party.

I pointed out that the current situation is unique in American history, we have never had a POTUS scheduled to deliver a SOTU address when his very government was shutdown. Also, he has not been told he cannot do it, it has been postponed till the shutdown is over, that is very different than canceled.

The events right now are a perfect storm that will not likely be replicated anytime in the near, or even distant future.
Now THAT is an argument. You identified the fallacy and it helped you develop THAT argument.

Very good.

:beer:

EVERYONE. TAKE NOTE. THIS

Now THAT is an argument. You identified the fallacy and it helped you develop THAT argument.

Very good.

:beer:

EVERYONE. TAKE NOTE. THIS

psstttt...

I made the same argument in post #17 at 7:55 this morning...just saying...

Do you want to keep illegals out or not?
I know you don’t! If the dems have all the fucking answers why don’t ewe ask them why they haven’t done it? Why do we have all these dead Americans laying around and thirty million illegals in this country? Ever asked yourself that? Ever ask why that **** Pelosi rejects that information? You know why the **** dosen’t want a wall? Cause she knows it works!
Where on earth are you getting "thirty million" illegals in this country?
This isn't about a Wall, it is about power. You are letting yourself be distracted by the current excuse for the siege.
from the national stats.
Link
Yale, MIT study: 22 million, not 11 million, undocumented immigrants in US

I am thinking 22 million is low! 30 million much more accurate!
I'm thinking they may as well bulild a wall with a door every 10', ,given the legislative means to get in this country

~S~

Coupla questions:

1 Would the Senate have to have 60 votes to invite Trump to speak there?

2. Would the networks televise it if he gives the speech elsewhere? Fox would, but I wouldn't bet the rent the rest of them would.

Right now, public sentiment is against the shutdown, and most people are blaming him for it. So, maybe he's removing the distraction of the SOTU address and trying to remain focused on the wall. And his own public opinion numbers are sliding, so maybe he's gonna fight the battle another day on another issue. I'll be honest, I didn't see this coming, but he has made himself look less reckless and impulsive, and Pelosi look more like the intransigent hard-liner that she is. So, maybe attitudes and opinions change; we'll see.

Coupla questions:

1 Would the Senate have to have 60 votes to invite Trump to speak there?

2. Would the networks televise it if he gives the speech elsewhere? Fox would, but I wouldn't bet the rent the rest of them would.

Right now, public sentiment is against the shutdown, and most people are blaming him for it. So, maybe he's removing the distraction of the SOTU address and trying to remain focused on the wall. And his own public opinion numbers are sliding, so maybe he's gonna fight the battle another day on another issue. I'll be honest, I didn't see this coming, but he has made himself look less reckless and impulsive, and Pelosi look more like the intransigent hard-liner that she is. So, maybe attitudes and opinions change; we'll see.

I think if he wanted to give the speech in another venue, he could personally buy the air time to broadcast it on the networks. And, if the networks then gave free air time to the Democrats to respond, he could then demand his money back because he deserved "equal time".

anyone know the difference between 'border security' and building a wall?

Border security includes a number of measures that will make our southern border more secure, ie, fewer illegal immigrants entering the country and reducing the flow of drugs, criminals, gang members, terrorists, and other bad people into the US. One of those measures is the construction of a border wall/barrier/fence/whatever you want to call it that makes it harder to bypass the points of legal entry and cross the border.

Let's put it this way: border security is much improved/enhanced with a wall/barrier/fence/whatever you want to call it. Some say you don't have border security without it, others say you can but it would be somewhat less than it could be. To deny that is to deny reality IMHO. The other thing is, the fight over the wall/barrier/fence/whatever you want to call it isn't about border security, it's about politics. To deny that is also to deny reality.

Well, Trump folded and is now giving the Dems the same deal that they wanted just before he shut down the government.

Guess he might get to give his SOTU from the floor of the House now.

Forum List

Back