No parade for Iraq vets

Should we throw them a parade?

• No, we should wait and honor all of them when it's all over.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Iraq war is over?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
New York City Mayor Bloomberg Says No Parade For Iraq Vets | Fox News

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says there will be no city parade for Iraq War veterans in the foreseeable future because of objections voiced by military officials.
The mayor said on his Friday appearance on WOR Radio officials in Washington "think a parade would be premature while we still have so many troops in harm's way around the world."
Bloomberg says Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Martin Dempsey and other Army officials "made it clear" to the city "they do not think a parade is appropriate now."
A Pentagon spokesman in December said the nation's largest city had yet to make a formal proposal for a parade. He said officials were grateful communities were finding ways to recognize the sacrifices of troops and their families.

It's a separate war, give them a parade.

I agree with the military here.

The time to have the welcome back parade is when the troops are all back.

Then by all means cover them in confetti and whatnot.

Why didn't your poll give people the option to respond: "I agree with the military leadership's view on this issue"?

That would be "No", we wait and honor all of them.

Actually, they said it would not be appropriate when we have troops in harms way. Don't we always have troops in harms way? Isn't that the point of troops?

Screw the parade!

Instead give them all 100% disability pay plus full benefits for their families. Let them get on with their lives that was rudely taken away.

Don't question their exposure to Depleted Uranium either as was done to so many Nam vets about "agent orange".

Why didn't your poll give people the option to respond: "I agree with the military leadership's view on this issue"?

That would be "No", we wait and honor all of them.

Actually, they said it would not be appropriate when we have troops in harms way. Don't we always have troops in harms way? Isn't that the point of troops?

Actually, they said it would not be appropriate when we have troops in harms way. you're splitting hairs Don't we always have troops in harms way? No, of course not.Isn't that the point of troops? No. The point is to be able to defend ourselves, not send them off to fight just cuz we can.

Screw the parade!

Instead give them all 100% disability pay plus full benefits for their families. Let them get on with their lives that was rudely taken away.

Don't question their exposure to Depleted Uranium either as was done to so many Nam vets about "agent orange".

Are you being funny?

I keep waiting for "American Appreciation Day" in Iraq. Republicans promised the Iraqi's would thank us. That they love their "freedom". I especially don't hear a word from the women who live in Iraq. Why is that?

burka_graduation.jpg

And Republicans say Obama breaks his promises. Well, if they lied about this, what else do they lie about?

Never mind a parade, if we really want to show our appreciation make sure they have a job and not a single one of them ends up a homeless hobo living under a bridge.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says there will be no city parade for Iraq War veterans in the foreseeable future because of objections voiced by military officials.

That's all we need to know. Respect the military's objections.

Obamination will never allow a parade for either war because:

1) He doesn't want to glamorize "militarism."
2) He gets more PR from doing a press conference with military props behind him.

I don't mind holding off on the Iraq War "party" until my friends and others get back home from Afghanistan.....but the Democrats still don't support a party for the military compared to a staged press conference where they can stand in FRONT of the troops.

I keep waiting for "American Appreciation Day" in Iraq. Republicans promised the Iraqi's would thank us. That they love their "freedom". I especially don't hear a word from the women who live in Iraq. Why is that?

burka_graduation.jpg

And Republicans say Obama breaks his promises. Well, if they lied about this, what else do they lie about?

damn, proved you to be a liar with a simple image search from Yahoo

Image Search Results for Iraqi women

burka_graduation.jpg

Lets stretch that truth.

Mr ARMSTRONG.

Mike, Mr 9/11 Mosque, Bloomberg made the decision to not hold a parade for the Iraq War Veterans. Mike, Mr 9/11 Mosque, Bloomberg also severely castigated Police Commissioner Ray Kelly for allowing a movie depicting Muslim terrorists engaged in terrorist acts to be shown during a police training session to prevent such acts. The Fox is in charge of the henhouse in New York City and I wouldn't be expecting a parade honoring Iraq War Veterans in that City any time soon. At least until NYC comes back under American control and influence. Unfortunately, that may be never.
Remember the waning days of the Clinton Administration while the war in Bosnia still raging? The networks always had a daily film clip from either Kosovo or Sarajevo showing artillery shells exploding against the sides of one high rise building or another.

Mike, Mr 9/11 Mosque, Bloomberg made the decision to not hold a parade for the Iraq War Veterans. Mike, Mr 9/11 Mosque, Bloomberg also severely castigated Police Commissioner Ray Kelly for allowing a movie depicting Muslim terrorists engaged in terrorist acts to be shown during a police training session to prevent such acts. The Fox is in charge of the henhouse in New York City and I wouldn't be expecting a parade honoring Iraq War Veterans in that City any time soon. At least until NYC comes back under American control and influence. Unfortunately, that may be never.
Remember the waning days of the Clinton Administration while the war in Bosnia still raging? The networks always had a daily film clip from either Kosovo or Sarajevo showing artillery shells exploding against the sides of one high rise building or another.

you might want to read the link.

burka_graduation.jpg

Still working with this bullshit, dweebie? Shame on you.

I guess you'll be singing a different tune about Egypt's moves towards Sharia Law though, right? That's ok cuz that's the one your Messiah helped create.

Hack.

Forum List

Back