No Parachute

I love these kind of stunts but this one made me feel a bit queasy in my gut. Awesome!

It looks like the other guy in the sky is a trained professional skydiving buddy with a chute on and instructions to go rescue the chute-less skydiver if there is a problem.

Good.

At least they used a buddy system.

Never skydiver alone.

It looks like the other guy in the sky is a trained professional skydiving buddy with a chute on and instructions to go rescue the chute-less skydiver if there is a problem.

Good.

Never skydiver alone.
Never jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

How far off the ground was that net? He jumped at 25,000 feet at a velocity of 120 mph. There had to be a lot of give in that net to keep him from breaking his back.

How far off the ground was that net? He jumped at 25,000 feet at a velocity of 120 mph. There had to be a lot of give in that net to keep him from breaking his back.

Height does not really matter. A human body will reach terminal velocity, about 120-130mph after free falling betwenn 1,500 to 2,000 feet. Anything higher is just more fun for the skydiver.

Good.

Never skydiver alone.
They released their chutes thousands of feet before he hit the net. They were only there to film him.

It was on 4 really high cranes. It was an epic net. When he lands in it, it doesnt look violent at all. Very smooth.

He is nuts. I am awestruck that he found that net.
They had a system of lights similar to those used on runways at night. If he was heading directly for the net, they were white. If he deviated at all, they turned red.

It seems to me foolish for him not to wear a backup parachute. It would take nothing away from landing in the net without using it.

Forum List

Back