"No Labels" website

Pretty funny, above the post is an ad for ...printed labels. Anyway what does "no labels mean? Does it mean we should turn into political zombies? Can we continue to engage in hate speech towards polarizing figures like Sara Palin if we drop the political party affiliation? Should we go along with the agenda of whatever administration is in power without comment?

Pretty funny, above the post is an ad for ...printed labels. Anyway what does "no labels mean? Does it mean we should turn into political zombies? Can we continue to engage in hate speech towards polarizing figures like Sara Palin if we drop the political party affiliation? Should we go along with the agenda of whatever administration is in power without comment?

The concept of No Labels is to work together for the betterment of the country versus working against each other for the good of one's ideology.
Two classic examples of bipartisanship working for the betterment of the country are Ronald Reagan and the Dem controlled Congress. The right loves to point out what a great president Reagan was, but he couldn't of done it without bipartisan support. Then there's Bill Clinton, the left loves to point out his successes but again, it wouldn't of happened without bipartisanship.
Since the Clinton/GOP bipartisanship years, we haven't seen much bipartisanship and because of that not much has gotten done. All one has to do is look at the the continuous down-wards spiral of the public's opinion of Congress.
According to every poll after the past election, a majority of the public want bipartisan compromise. People are sick over party over country and that's exactly what we have had for the last decade.
Finally, it's not Republicans or Democrats tossing out their labels, it's getting both ideologies to work together.
I'm in management. We have meetings of all managers to come up with new ideas and to review old practices. Not everyone thinks alike, some are conservative in their thinking and want to stick with the old ways, others want to try something new. In the end the trains of thought are often blended together to come up with plans. More often than naught, the ideas that were the brainchild of the combined thinking have proven to be beneficial to the success of the organization. Group Thought works.

The concept of No Labels is to work together for the betterment of the country versus working against each other for the good of one's ideology.
Two classic examples of bipartisanship working for the betterment of the country are Ronald Reagan and the Dem controlled Congress. The right loves to point out what a great president Reagan was, but he couldn't of done it without bipartisan support. Then there's Bill Clinton, the left loves to point out his successes but again, it wouldn't of happened without bipartisanship.
Since the Clinton/GOP bipartisanship years, we haven't seen much bipartisanship and because of that not much has gotten done. All one has to do is look at the the continuous down-wards spiral of the public's opinion of Congress.
According to every poll after the past election, a majority of the public want bipartisan compromise. People are sick over party over country and that's exactly what we have had for the last decade.
Finally, it's not Republicans or Democrats tossing out their labels, it's getting both ideologies to work together.
I'm in management. We have meetings of all managers to come up with new ideas and to review old practices. Not everyone thinks alike, some are conservative in their thinking and want to stick with the old ways, others want to try something new. In the end the trains of thought are often blended together to come up with plans. More often than naught, the ideas that were the brainchild of the combined thinking have proven to be beneficial to the success of the organization. Group Thought works.

right there they just described what NO LABELS want..Group thought.
they don't want your thoughts as a Individual.. you are too hard to control then.

they don't want your thoughts as a Individual.. you are too hard to control then.

Our Founding Fathers had no labels, came together as a group, used Group Thought and it seemed to work out very well.
Do you actually understand the concept of Group Thought?
As I mentioned about the Group Thought sessions we have with the managerial group where I work. I proposed an idea, others added thoughts to the concept I introduced, with Group Thought modifications, the concept moved forward and worked.
Therefore in Group Thought, individual ideas are a basic foundation. With anything, there has to be a starting point.

Put the Labels Aside. Do What’s Best for America.

We are Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who are united in the belief that we do not have to give up our labels, merely put them aside to do what’s best for America.
NO LABELS

Let's see what happens when they can't agree on what's best for America

You also have to realize that our founders were way beyond in thinking terms and capacity compared to our current carnival members.

The Founders didn't name the country the United Nothings of No Labels.

Just sayin'.

You also have to realize that our founders were way beyond in thinking terms and capacity compared to our current carnival members.

Just sayin'.

That's good!!! Anything construed as group think today really means dumb think, unable to think individually, lacking coherent thought in terms of actual constructive thought, and what not. Basically, the founders would be laughing their asses between the tears of horror, and then quickly boarding a clipper and sailing off to start all over again.

Just sayin'.

That's good!!! Anything construed as group think today really means dumb think, unable to think individually, lacking coherent thought in terms of actual constructive thought, and what not. Basically, the founders would be laughing their asses between the tears of horror, and then quickly boarding a clipper and sailing off to start all over again.

Actually, I think that description really describes ideologues better. I've always said that being married to an ideology keeps an individual boxed in and prohibits thinking out of the box.
When I go though posts on these boards, I find there are times that I keep on reading the same train of thought and at times word-for-word posts by different individuals all belonging to the same ideology.
Then there's Washington, it's rare when an elected official doesn't vote the party line. And when they do, they get chastised by their party. If they do it too much, their party finds someone to run against them. Heaven forbid individual thought and representing the constituents.!

Last edited:
No, the concept is Democrats trying to rebrand themselves. Their ideology has not changed one whit.

I'm finding that even the most, er, vitriolic blogsites from both the left and the right are calling for an end to this nonsense. I do realize, however, that some people simply aren't happy unless they're stirring up trouble by trying to make others miserable.

Just sayin'.

Actually, I think that description really describes ideologues better. I've always said that being married to an ideology keeps an individual boxed in and prohibits thinking out of the box.
When I go though posts on these boards, I find there are times that I keep on reading the same train of thought and at times word-for-word posts by different individuals all belonging to the same ideology.
Then there's Washington, it's rare when an elected official doesn't vote the party line. And when they do, they get chastised by their party. If they do it too much, their party finds someone to run against them. Heaven forbid individual thought and representing the constituents.!
Voting the party line has little-to-nothing to do with ideology....It has to do with being a good little party man stooge.

There's a difference.

Wrong. Group thought in this instance can be compared to group sessions regarding some medical condition, such as breast cancer survivors meeting to discuss their personal stories, each one being the same--but different. "Group think" is different, that which involves a bunch of like-minded idealogues all high-fiving each other in total agreement on something.

Put the Labels Aside. Do What’s Best for America.

We are Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who are united in the belief that we do not have to give up our labels, merely put them aside to do what’s best for America.
NO LABELS

Let's see what happens when they can't agree on what's best for America

There will never be a consensus, obviously. If there were, there would be one winner and one loser, the winner being a dictatorship.

Forum List

Back