No Jobs created since Obama took office, LINK

at what point have I been mis leading?
I doubt you've been intentionally misleading, but claiming we've lost X million jobs since Obama took office (or signed the stimulus bill, whatever) and ignoring that it had been a lot worse and is now better is misleading. From Jan 2009 to Feb 2010 the economy lost approx 4.5 million jobs. From Feb 2010 to July 2012 it gained 4 million. To characterize that as a straight loss of .5 million doesn't tell the full picture and is misleading. As much as Obama's claim of gaining 4 million jobs while neglecting to mention the 4.5 million dropped first.

Look dude you want to defend BHO claims he has created millions of jobs, cool

But I haven't I'm only saying what the changes have been. Nowhere have I defended Obama nor gave him any credit for job creation (nor blame for job loss).

2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,335 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,558 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,874 107,384 17,751 705 5,518 11,528
2011(p)... 131,358 109,253 18,021 784 5,504 11,733
Something went off in your copying...how does 2011 go from 109,253 to 18,021?

5 million fewer people working
from the original thread
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

looks to me the numbers have been changed, wonder how and why that occurred?
That link doesn't work. And the numbers would have changed in January with the new benchmark. The Jobs data comes from a survey of businesses that pay UI tax. But since all companies that pay UI tax are required to file with the states the number of employees, then the full count is also available, though at a lag. These numbers are counted in the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages . Every January, BLS benchmarks the Current Employment Statistics data with the March administrative data from the previous year.

Example...according to the Survey, in March 2011 there were 130,757,000 non-farm payroll jobs (seasonally adjusted). But when the Quarterly census was done, it was shown that the real number was 130,922,000 (seasonally adjusted). So March 2011 was adjusted to the real number and then April-December were also adjusted based on the new info, and the revised numbers were published in Feb 2012 with the January release.

Last edited:
I doubt you've been intentionally misleading, but claiming we've lost X million jobs since Obama took office (or signed the stimulus bill, whatever) and ignoring that it had been a lot worse and is now better is misleading. From Jan 2009 to Feb 2010 the economy lost approx 4.5 million jobs. From Feb 2010 to July 2012 it gained 4 million. To characterize that as a straight loss of .5 million doesn't tell the full picture and is misleading. As much as Obama's claim of gaining 4 million jobs while neglecting to mention the 4.5 million dropped first.

Look dude you want to defend BHO claims he has created millions of jobs, cool

But I haven't I'm only saying what the changes have been. Nowhere have I defended Obama nor gave him any credit for job creation (nor blame for job loss).

2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,335 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,558 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,874 107,384 17,751 705 5,518 11,528
2011(p)... 131,358 109,253 18,021 784 5,504 11,733

from the original thread

That link doesn't work. And the numbers would have changed in January with the new benchmark. The Jobs data comes from a survey of businesses that pay UI tax. But since all companies that pay UI tax are required to file with the states the number of employees, then the full count is also available, though at a lag. These numbers are counted in the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages . Every January, BLS benchmarks the Current Employment Statistics data with the March administrative data from the previous year.

Example...according to the Survey, in March 2011 there were 130,757,000 non-farm payroll jobs (seasonally adjusted). But when the Quarterly census was done, it was shown that the real number was 130,922,000 (seasonally adjusted). So March 2011 was adjusted to the real number and then April-December were also adjusted based on the new info, and the revised numbers were published in Feb 2012 with the January release.

the link does not work because BHO admin re-done the numbers
it is what I have been telling you
the thread is 6 months old
the numbers I supplied where accurate at the time
Why? I would assume the number of people leaving the work force as there was no "note" as there is now

You want to give BHO 300,000 jobs I told you okay fine
cost us 1 trillion dollars in stimulus, 3 years and a few months

Btw the numbers that follow are private, public sector etc.... from my original

Last edited:

from the original thread

The Obama adminstration has nothing to do with the numbers. They don't have any access to the raw data, by law.

the thread is 6 months old
the numbers I supplied where accurate at the time
And the numbers were updated about 6 months ago in the revision.
Why? I would assume the number of people leaving the work force as there was no "note" as there is now
Huh? Your link wasn't for labor force data (current population survey) but non-farm payroll jobs (current employment statistics). You link would have nothing about leaving the labor force.

I don't want to give anybody anything. I'm trying to point out FACTS and I haven't given any spin or political bias...no credit, no blame, just the numbers and what they mean.

The Obama adminstration has nothing to do with the numbers. They don't have any access to the raw data, by law.

Huh? Your link wasn't for labor force data (current population survey) but non-farm payroll jobs (current employment statistics). You link would have nothing about leaving the labor force.

I don't want to give anybody anything. I'm trying to point out FACTS and I haven't given any spin or political bias...no credit, no blame, just the numbers and what they mean.

Pingy what ever you say
I stand my thread
someone changed the numbers and I believe that BHO being the executive branch would have some oversight with the labor dept????
What spin??????
the numbers I provided from both links backed up my statement at the time it was wrote

there comes a time in which people agree to dis agree
I have found that time

Two years ago, on June 17, 2010, the Obama Administration announced the arrival of what it called “Recovery Summer.” The White House touted it as “the most active Recovery Act season yet, with tens of thousands of projects underway across the country that will help to create jobs for American workers and economic growth for businesses, large and small.”

Instead, the economy continues to be dismal, with the private sector far from “doing fine,” despite President Obama’s claims to the contrary.

For example, since the start of the Obama Administration, new workforce dropouts have outnumbered new employees by over 74 to 1:

Under Obama Administration, New Workforce Dropouts Outnumber New Employees 74 to 1
No “Recovery Summer” (or Fall, or Winter, or Spring) in Sight
Monday, June 18, 2012

Two years ago, on June 17, 2010, the Obama Administration announced the arrival of what it called “Recovery Summer.” The White House touted it as “the most active Recovery Act season yet, with tens of thousands of projects underway across the country that will help to create jobs for American workers and economic growth for businesses, large and small.”

Instead, the economy continues to be dismal, with the private sector far from “doing fine,” despite President Obama’s claims to the contrary.

For example, since the start of the Obama Administration, new workforce dropouts have outnumbered new employees by over 74 to 1:

Changes in the Number of Employed and Those Not in the Labor Force,
January 2009-May 2012

As the table below reflects, this trend is shared by both men and women, each of whom have seen far more individuals depart from the workforce than find new employment.
Under Obama Administration, New Workforce Dropouts Outnumber New Employees 74 to 1 | House Committee on Ways & Means
Ironically, these large numbers of Americans dropping out of the labor force are artificially improving current economic statistics. As a number of reviewers have noted, if the Americans who stopped looking for jobs were counted as officially unemployed, the U.S. unemployment rate would be around 11 percent today instead of the “official” 8.2 percent rate.

Last edited:

Pingy what ever you say
I stand my thread
someone changed the numbers and I believe that BHO being the executive branch would have some oversight with the labor dept????
What spin??????
the numbers I provided from both links backed up my statement at the time it was wrote
Actually, they weren't. Your numbers only included the first revision of the Dec 2011 data and the average was preliminary, not final. I finally tracked it down. Your original link was for the Jan 2012 edition of Employment and Earnings, This is the link
You'll note the small "p" next to 2011. It stands for "preliminary" meaning the final revisions weren't done. Now look at Employment and Earnings for February 2012 No more "p" and the numbers have changed due to revisions. Each month is subject to 2 revisions. So in the release for Dec 2011 we had the preliminary, then in Jan 2012 the first revision, and in Feb 2012 the final revision. You posted the average that only used the first revision of Dec 2011 in the annual average. The numbers changed when the Dec data was finalized.

As for "oversight," there are very strict laws concerning statistical data. Only authorized people in BLS, Census, and BEA could have any access to the raw data. Secretary of Labor is not authorized, the President is not authorized.

The night before a release, an advance copy is given to the Chief Economist of the Council of Economic Advisors (the only person authorized by law) and s/he can share the info with the President. Note that the release is already printed by this time and it would be impossible to make changes before release.

Last edited:
The biggest difference between this recovery and previous recoveries is that government spending has been much less (relatively) in terms of stimlulative actions. Reagan had a much higher increase in spending levels to undo his recession, as did every other previous president. Obama's efforts have been blocked by a Republican congress that is hell-bent on destroying the U.S. economy; this will help them and their corporate benefactors justify gutting the middle class wage structure.

That is, actually, what the Tea Party is all about and why it is so well-funded--the GOP intends to collapse median middle class wages. That's the way it appears, anyway.

The biggest difference between this recovery and previous recoveries is that government spending has been much less (relatively) in terms of stimlulative actions. Reagan had a much higher increase in spending levels to undo his recession, as did every other previous president. Obama's efforts have been blocked by a Republican congress that is hell-bent on destroying the U.S. economy; this will help them and their corporate benefactors justify gutting the middle class wage structure.

That is, actually, what the Tea Party is all about and why it is so well-funded--the GOP intends to collapse median middle class wages. That's the way it appears, anyway.

Democrats have added $7.26 Trillion to the debt since they took power on 1/1/2007!!! At the same time they cost US 14 Million American Jobs!!!!!!! 5 years in & Democrats are still screwing this country!!!

the GOP congress?
what planet do you live on?
congress was 100% Democratic from 2007 thru 2011 (Jan-Jan)
The federal budget went from 2.8 trillion to 3.6 trillion from 07 (the last GOP budget) to Pelosi, Reid and Obama's add ons in 2009

BHO had the failed stimulus and 50% of tarp at his disposal 1st 1/4 2009
close to an extra 1 trillion, maybe more
how much did you want?

Democrats have added $7.26 Trillion to the debt since they took power on 1/1/2007!!! At the same time they cost US 14 Million American Jobs!!!!!!! 5 years in & Democrats are still screwing this country!!!

RR had millions of jobs created during his term(s)
what are they talking about
and with his spending, it allowed the GOP congress as well as BC in the late 90s to balance the budget
The tax payer rebuilt the armed forces to a point in which its growth was curtailed

2.4 Million Fewer Americans Working Now Than When Obama Signed Economic Stimulus | CNSNews.com

This link is 8 months old
We are still negative from 2008 in people working. How can the Libs state there has been 1 job created?

Now be nice--Obama did in fact create some jobs. Unfortunately they were in China--Finland and a host of other foreign countries.

CHINA
Senate Democrats lashed out at the Obama administration on Wednesday, saying its stimulus wind energy program creates jobs overseas instead of in the U.S., and they're calling for the administration to put a stop to it.

"Today, we are demanding the Obama administration suspend this program immediately," said Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

The program has already spent $2 billion, funding enough projects to power 2.4 million homes.
Obama's Stimulus Money Spent Overseas, Jobs in China - ABC News

FINLAND
With the approval of the Obama administration, an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work.

Vice President Joseph Biden heralded the Energy Department’s $529 million loan to the start-up electric car company called Fisker as a bright new path to thousands of American manufacturing jobs. But two years after the loan was announced, the job of assembling the flashy electric Fisker Karma sports car has been outsourced to Finland. Fisker Automotive, is funded by a venture capital firm whose partners include former Vice President Al Gore.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/oba...lectric-car-company-to-build-cars-in-finland/

obama-cartoon.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Last edited:
2.4 Million Fewer Americans Working Now Than When Obama Signed Economic Stimulus | CNSNews.com

This link is 8 months old
We are still negative from 2008 in people working. How can the Libs state there has been 1 job created?

Now be nice--Obama did in fact create some jobs. Unfortunately they were in China--Finland and a host of other foreign countries.

CHINA
Senate Democrats lashed out at the Obama administration on Wednesday, saying its stimulus wind energy program creates jobs overseas instead of in the U.S., and they're calling for the administration to put a stop to it.

"Today, we are demanding the Obama administration suspend this program immediately," said Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

The program has already spent $2 billion, funding enough projects to power 2.4 million homes.
Obama's Stimulus Money Spent Overseas, Jobs in China - ABC News

FINLAND
With the approval of the Obama administration, an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work.

Vice President Joseph Biden heralded the Energy Department’s $529 million loan to the start-up electric car company called Fisker as a bright new path to thousands of American manufacturing jobs. But two years after the loan was announced, the job of assembling the flashy electric Fisker Karma sports car has been outsourced to Finland. Fisker Automotive, is funded by a venture capital firm whose partners include former Vice President Al Gore.
Obama Administration Gave Half-Billion-Dollar Loan to Al Gore-Connected Electric Car Company Fisker to Build in Finland | TheBlaze.com

obama-cartoon.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

This was not rocket science
I do not understand why any-one could defend any of this

Sadly, these points will be ignored.

:cool:

I'm going to present private sector employment, because republicans hate government employee's

Romney said of Obama, “he wants another stimulus, he wants to hire more government
workers. He says we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers. Did he not
get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It’s time for us to cut back
on government and help the American people.”

private sector jobs

Eight years of supply side vulture capitalism.
Jan 2001 --111,631
Jan 2009 --110,985
---------------646 thousand jobs lost.

11 years,8 months of supply side vulture capitalism.
Jan 2001 --111,631
Jul 2012 --111,317
---------------314 thousand jobs lost.

Three trillion dollars in tax cuts in 11 and 1/2 years, and we wind up with
314 thousand jobs lost.

For Republicans, Lying is a way of life.

---- bluecoller -- the grumpy old kraut-------:mad:

I'm going to present private sector employment, because republicans hate government employee's

Romney said of Obama, “he wants another stimulus, he wants to hire more government
workers. He says we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers. Did he not
get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It’s time for us to cut back
on government and help the American people.”

private sector jobs

Eight years of supply side vulture capitalism.
Jan 2001 --111,631
Jan 2009 --110,985
---------------646 thousand jobs lost.

11 years,8 months of supply side vulture capitalism.
Jan 2001 --111,631
Jul 2012 --111,317
---------------314 thousand jobs lost.

Three trillion dollars in tax cuts in 11 and 1/2 years, and we wind up with
314 thousand jobs lost.

For Republicans, Lying is a way of life.

---- bluecoller -- the grumpy old kraut-------:mad:

there is 0 truth in that info

those jobs were not a creation
they all ready existed at one time
When he added 500 billion to our budget baseline he stated he would save and or create millions
we have created about 100,000
Job creation is the addition of jobs, not the UE going back to work

Forum List

Back