No, it is not.

The Irish Ram

LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough
Apr 10, 2011
diagonally parked in a parallel universe
These people have been listening to the UN too much.
Iran sent a letter to the president telling him that the United States of America belongs to all countries:
".. the contemporary U.S. belongs to all nations, including the natives of the land," he wrote. "No one may consider themselves the owner and view others as guests or immigrants."

Now this idiot:
Univision senior anchor Jorge Ramos declared on Friday that the United States belongs to Latino migrants, emphatically stating to a Spanish-speaking audience that “it is our country, not theirs."
Jorge Ramos: America Is ‘Our Country, Not Theirs’—‘And We Are Not Going to Leave’/

Boys, you are mistaken. I can even show you what part of it I own, and what gives me the right to protect it. And what allows me the weaponry to do so. Come get it...
images

Mexicans have always felt that the US is Mexican. Nothing is new. Mexicans think Canada is Mexico too.

Iran sent a letter to the president telling him that the United States of America belongs to all countries:
".. the contemporary U.S. belongs to all nations, including the natives of the land," he wrote. "No one may consider themselves the owner and view others as guests or immigrants."

Now this idiot:
Univision senior anchor Jorge Ramos declared on Friday that the United States belongs to Latino migrants, emphatically stating to a Spanish-speaking audience that “it is our country, not theirs."
Jorge Ramos: America Is ‘Our Country, Not Theirs’—‘And We Are Not Going to Leave’/

Boys, you are mistaken. I can even show you what part of it I own, and what gives me the right to protect it. And what allows me the weaponry to do so. Come get it...
images
This bs thinking "the United States of America belongs to all countries" does appear to be a real problem at the moment. Now we need to locate all the perps pushing this crap.

Now this idiot:

images
Our country is ENGLISH in roots, not Spanish. These people have never lived here. They have no claim on my country.

Been trying to decide all day where to put this after hubby said make sure it gets shared here on USMB. This thread I think is where it belongs.

The Mouse That Roared.

These little men are only tough when we have weak leaders. Trump will sqish them for the bugs they are.

Been trying to decide all day where to put this after hubby said make sure it gets shared here on USMB. This thread I think is where it belongs.

Well FATWA on him. Send the Rangers n Seals.

The Mouse That Roared.

These little men are only tough when we have weak leaders. Trump will sqish them for the bugs they are.

If in fact this translation in this video is accurate and the claims are true I can't blame the guy for getting pretty loud about it. Females and children of the poor are nothing more than slaves to men in the Saudi and these Islamist elitist's world (plus many the Catholic Jesuits feel the same way and treat females like shit).

This African dude speaking over in Iran at a rally must have the same spirit as Obama's pastor whats' his name.

Nuke the bastards.
Which ones? The ones stealing the women or the ones who are pissed at USA for having assholes that support the ones making slaves out of women and children? Or the Mexican that claims USA belongs to the world?

Now this idiot:

images
Our country is ENGLISH in roots, not Spanish. These people have never lived here. They have no claim on my country.
Totally amazing the level of ignorance of our 'Conservatives'. The whole of the Southwest belonged to and was settled by the Mexicans. We took it from them during the war of 1848.

New Mexico Office of the State Historian | people

Iberian Origins of New Mexico’s Community Acequias

By José A. Rivera, University of New Mexico and Thomas F. Glick, Boston University

The American Southwest encompasses a vast territory rich in natural and mineral resources but short on water supply. When Spanish conquistadores first entered the region, known to them as Nueva España, they immediately realized that irrigation would be a necessary development in the establishment of permanent communities, whether presidios, missions, provincial government centers or civilian settlements. Due to the conditions of aridity, already familiar to Mediterranean dwellers, Spanish colonization policies required that officials of the crown, and settlers who accompanied them, must locate their communities in the vicinity of watercourses and other natural resources needed for permanent occupation. To sustain themselves, irrigation systems would have to be built far in excess of the water control, flood-water farming and other irrigation practices conducted at the time by some of the indigenous peoples encountered in the region.

During the Spanish colonial period (1598-1821), the irrigation method most commonly employed was gravity flow irrigation by way of earthen canals or “acequias.” At various times, acequias were constructed in all of the southwestern states: Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, and California. For a variety of reasons, however, it was in La Provincia del Nuevo México that Spanish colonization policies were the most effective, particularly with regard to the establishment of civilian towns and agricultural colonies. From the outset, the plans to colonize Nuevo México included the introduction of not only soldiers (for the presidios) and friars (for the Indian missions) but hundreds and then successive waves of pobladores (civilian settlers).

The relative isolation of this Hispanic province, its early colonization (compared to Texas and California) coupled with the issuance of a series of land grant concessions, led to the proliferation of towns and villages scattered alongside the major streams and their tributaries from El Paso del Norte to the San Luis Valley in Colorado. Today, the acequias of New Mexico continue to function much as before, unlike the fate of colonial period acequias in the other southwestern states where most were either abandoned after secularization of the missions, or they eventually were supplanted, as Well Hutchins (1928) points out, by Anglo-Saxon forms of organization such as private mutual ditch companies, water user associations, irrigation districts, or conservancy districts.

In New Mexico the acequia persists as a transplanted Iberian civil and social institution. Like their Valencian, Murcian and Andalusian counterparts, acequia associations continue to function as “water democracies.” This means they are autonomous, and for the most part operate outside of government in terms of their internal affairs: they elect their own officers, establish rules and regulations, enforce them, and settle most disputes. Similar to the herederos (proprietors) in the Spanish huertas (traditional farmlands), the parciantes (members) of the New Mexico acequia all own lands irrigated by a principal canal. As a comunidad de regantes (the term in Spain for irrigators in a system), they are in charge of their day to day governance, and collectively they maintain their common canal and finance repairs to their diversion structure when necessary.

Never suggested that we give it back. What was said was that the people of Spanish and Indian origin did not belong here. Much of the latino population in the Southwest have ancestors that were there when we took that territory from Mexico.

Now this idiot:

images
Totally amazing the level of ignorance of our 'Conservatives'. The whole of the Southwest belonged to and was settled by the Mexicans. We took it from them during the war of 1848.

New Mexico Office of the State Historian | people

Iberian Origins of New Mexico’s Community Acequias

By José A. Rivera, University of New Mexico and Thomas F. Glick, Boston University

The American Southwest encompasses a vast territory rich in natural and mineral resources but short on water supply. When Spanish conquistadores first entered the region, known to them as Nueva España, they immediately realized that irrigation would be a necessary development in the establishment of permanent communities, whether presidios, missions, provincial government centers or civilian settlements. Due to the conditions of aridity, already familiar to Mediterranean dwellers, Spanish colonization policies required that officials of the crown, and settlers who accompanied them, must locate their communities in the vicinity of watercourses and other natural resources needed for permanent occupation. To sustain themselves, irrigation systems would have to be built far in excess of the water control, flood-water farming and other irrigation practices conducted at the time by some of the indigenous peoples encountered in the region.

During the Spanish colonial period (1598-1821), the irrigation method most commonly employed was gravity flow irrigation by way of earthen canals or “acequias.” At various times, acequias were constructed in all of the southwestern states: Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, and California. For a variety of reasons, however, it was in La Provincia del Nuevo México that Spanish colonization policies were the most effective, particularly with regard to the establishment of civilian towns and agricultural colonies. From the outset, the plans to colonize Nuevo México included the introduction of not only soldiers (for the presidios) and friars (for the Indian missions) but hundreds and then successive waves of pobladores (civilian settlers).

The relative isolation of this Hispanic province, its early colonization (compared to Texas and California) coupled with the issuance of a series of land grant concessions, led to the proliferation of towns and villages scattered alongside the major streams and their tributaries from El Paso del Norte to the San Luis Valley in Colorado. Today, the acequias of New Mexico continue to function much as before, unlike the fate of colonial period acequias in the other southwestern states where most were either abandoned after secularization of the missions, or they eventually were supplanted, as Well Hutchins (1928) points out, by Anglo-Saxon forms of organization such as private mutual ditch companies, water user associations, irrigation districts, or conservancy districts.

In New Mexico the acequia persists as a transplanted Iberian civil and social institution. Like their Valencian, Murcian and Andalusian counterparts, acequia associations continue to function as “water democracies.” This means they are autonomous, and for the most part operate outside of government in terms of their internal affairs: they elect their own officers, establish rules and regulations, enforce them, and settle most disputes. Similar to the herederos (proprietors) in the Spanish huertas (traditional farmlands), the parciantes (members) of the New Mexico acequia all own lands irrigated by a principal canal. As a comunidad de regantes (the term in Spain for irrigators in a system), they are in charge of their day to day governance, and collectively they maintain their common canal and finance repairs to their diversion structure when necessary.

So you think the US should just write off the entire Southwest, correct?

Mmmm, no.

Forum List

Back