No credible sources on NBC doing anything wrong on Zimmerman story.

I looked all the sources on the first few pages and all of them are repeat of the New York Times story which gives no source or name.

NBC News has fired a producer who was involved in the production of a misleading segment about the Trayvon Martin case in Florida.

The person was fired on Thursday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the disciplinary action who declined to be identified discussing internal company matters. They also declined to name the fired producer. A spokeswoman for NBC News declined to comment.
Inside NBC, there was shock that the segment had been broadcast. Citing an anonymous network executive, Reuters reported that “the ‘Today’ show’s editorial control policies — which include a script editor, senior producer oversight and in most cases legal and standards department reviews of material to be broadcast — missed the selective editing of the call.”

“We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers,” the network said.

It did not specify what steps it would take. But one day later it dismissed a Miami-based producer who had worked at NBC for several years.

NBC declined to name names but claims the responsible producer was fired.

Really? How do you know that? How do you know the person wasn't moved to an affiliate? Seriously.

Washingtom Post says Steve Capus said that,of course they also said the President of Iran said he wanted to wipe Israel off the map and I know that is a lie.

Seriously.... you need to understand how the media works. And the story came from Reuters, not the WaPo. Capus gave an interview to Reuters... (if I had to guess, my guess would be that he was contacted and asked a series of questions, to which he gave 'yes' or 'no' answers.... that is fairly standard practice).... thus, they cannot 'quote' him because he didn't give them a quote... but he clearly did answer the questions and that article is written around his answers. Therefore, it is safe to say that someone has been fired, and that others have been disciplined.

Did they record this "interview"? Where is is the link to the interview? That's all I'm asking, no he said she said BS.

Reuters.... print media, not broadcast. The usual form is for Reuters to contact NBC, ask for comment... and - assuming NBC agree - they either email a set of questions or, more likely, organize a telephone interview.... which both sides usually agree is not recorded... the interviewer (from Reuters) would ask a series of (sometimes pre agreed) questions to which the interviewee responds. The interviewer takes notes and produces the article based on those responses.

By comparing this process to the one you compared it to (the President of Iran thing) you are comparing apples to orangutans. The reason for that is because you are comparing an interview with a specific individual with a rant from the President of Iran which was taken out of context by many media. See that now?

Of course, they could have fired nobody and just said they did.

Without a name we'll never know.

Wouldn't put it past them, either.

If they'd named the guy/woman involved, that person would have a substantially harder time finding another job. I don't necessarily criticize NBC for refusing to name the producer.
Good point, and one I hadn't considered. :thup:

So now we should give a pass to a news producer that inflames racism? At least Derbyshire signed his racist screed.

Seriously.... you need to understand how the media works. And the story came from Reuters, not the WaPo. Capus gave an interview to Reuters... (if I had to guess, my guess would be that he was contacted and asked a series of questions, to which he gave 'yes' or 'no' answers.... that is fairly standard practice).... thus, they cannot 'quote' him because he didn't give them a quote... but he clearly did answer the questions and that article is written around his answers. Therefore, it is safe to say that someone has been fired, and that others have been disciplined.

Did they record this "interview"? Where is is the link to the interview? That's all I'm asking, no he said she said BS.

Reuters.... print media, not broadcast. The usual form is for Reuters to contact NBC, ask for comment... and - assuming NBC agree - they either email a set of questions or, more likely, organize a telephone interview.... which both sides usually agree is not recorded... the interviewer (from Reuters) would ask a series of (sometimes pre agreed) questions to which the interviewee responds. The interviewer takes notes and produces the article based on those responses.

By comparing this process to the one you compared it to (the President of Iran thing) you are comparing apples to orangutans. The reason for that is because you are comparing an interview with a specific individual with a rant from the President of Iran which was taken out of context by many media. See that now?

All news records interviews unless they want to speak off the record. My point with the President of Iran example was very relevant to what is going on here, one person breaks a story and a thousand copycats with their own spin on the story.

Last edited:

All news records interviews unless they want to speak off the record. My point with the President of Iran example was very relevant to what is going on here, one person breaks a story and a thousand copycats with their own spin on the story.

Not true.... print media does not generally record interviews... and no one with an IQ over a houseplant does 'off the record' anymore.

The President of Iran thing is in no way similar. That was a public speech given by the President that got jumped all over by the media. This was not that situation. This was a media outlet contacting a specific individual with a set of questions. You do not seem overly familiar with how the media operates.

If you can show him saying. that or an agent of NBC. but 31 posts and all we have is rumors.

So the Head of NBC News confirming that one person was fired and disciplinary action was taken against several others equates to a 'rumor' to you?

Seriously.... you are either jack shit stupid or stoned. I don't really care which but the link I provided was to an interview with the Head of NBC news, Steve Capus. Named individual, from NBC... confirming the story. What more exactly do you need before a 'rumor' is true?

Washingtom Post says Steve Capus said that,of course they also said the President of Iran said he wanted to wipe Israel off the map and I know that is a lie.
Let's dumb it down
Did anyone recently get fired at NBC?

So the Head of NBC News confirming that one person was fired and disciplinary action was taken against several others equates to a 'rumor' to you?

Seriously.... you are either jack shit stupid or stoned. I don't really care which but the link I provided was to an interview with the Head of NBC news, Steve Capus. Named individual, from NBC... confirming the story. What more exactly do you need before a 'rumor' is true?

Let's dumb it down

NBC hasn't said anyone got fired. Do you have a name?

Let's dumb it down

It would be unethical for NBC to name the person fired for it. That person is gonna find it hard enough to get another position without having it common knowledge that he was fired for misediting something like that... since it was in no small part responsible for the race baiting that followed.

It should be sufficient that Steve Capus is on record as confirming the firing. At least, for a rational individual.

Just remain stupid

NBC News has apologized for the incident, saying in a statement to Reuters earlier this week that there was "an editing error in the production process," but insisting the results of the internal investigation would not be announced publicly.

Capus said that the network "takes its responsibility seriously" and has undertaken rigorous efforts to formalize the editorial safeguards in place at the network. He said that NBC News' broadcast standards department, led by David McCormick, has been holding meetings with various NBC News shows, as well as the network's specialized units, which handle sometimes complicated subjects like medical or legal news.

Capus added that he also is holding meetings among the network executives to reinforce the lessons learned from the investigation into the edited call.

Trayvon Martin call was "mistake, not deliberate": NBC - Chicago Tribune

Let's dumb it down

It would be unethical for NBC to name the person fired for it. That person is gonna find it hard enough to get another position without having it common knowledge that he was fired for misediting something like that... since it was in no small part responsible for the race baiting that followed.

It should be sufficient that Steve Capus is on record as confirming the firing. At least, for a rational individual.

I disagree he is on record but...I would like to see the retraction,apology or admitting they made an error. I have searched all over NBC websites and found nothing.

Just remain stupid

NBC News has apologized for the incident, saying in a statement to Reuters earlier this week that there was "an editing error in the production process," but insisting the results of the internal investigation would not be announced publicly.

Capus said that the network "takes its responsibility seriously" and has undertaken rigorous efforts to formalize the editorial safeguards in place at the network. He said that NBC News' broadcast standards department, led by David McCormick, has been holding meetings with various NBC News shows, as well as the network's specialized units, which handle sometimes complicated subjects like medical or legal news.

Capus added that he also is holding meetings among the network executives to reinforce the lessons learned from the investigation into the edited call.

Again that is just a copycat story, Chicago Tribune does not speak for NBC.

Just remain stupid

NBC is not going to reveal any information on their investigation. I really find it hard that you are this stupid to keep repeating the same old shit. Why in the hell are all the news wire services saying that someone was fired and NBC has done an investigation?

Just remain stupid

NBC is not going to reveal any information on their investigation. I really find it hard that you are this stupid to keep repeating the same old shit. Why in the hell are all the news wire services saying that someone was fired and NBC has done an investigation?

....keep asking the same "stupid" question?

Just remain stupid

Source: NBC producer fired over Zimmerman 911 call - msnbc.com

Does MSNBC speak for NBC?

Just remain stupid

We'll see...

Just remain stupid

no, GE(NBC) sold MSNBC to Comcast.

....keep asking the same "stupid" question?

Denial doesn't make you less stupid it makes you look more stupid when so many news wire and people have said NBC apologized and you keep denying it.

Just remain stupid

He'll say no it's an AP source.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back