No birth certificate for you!!

If that were to happen, to me, why wouldn't I take that piece of trash to court?

What makes you so sure it's going to be the woman? There have been adults who have successfully sued parents for failing to provide financial support during their childhood. I happen to have a good friend who at the age of 21 got a $30,000 judgement
from her father. He was never under any order to provide child support, refused to ever do so, but she still won in court.

In any event, the point that you're not understanding is that this bill would produce nothing but a string of bad consequences, while accomplishing nothing of value.

Ever heard of DNA?

Yep. And while you're busy paying for DNA testing, and paying for your lawyer, are you going to be saying that this was a great law and that all your expense was worth it?

Like I said, I don't spread my seed all over town, this stupid shit will never be an issue in my life.

It probably won't be an issue in most people's lives, but that doesn't justify denying a birth certificate, I can understand wanting to have a father's name on a birth certificate, but this is a really stupid way to go about it, The kid didn't do anything wrong.

Ahh! Yes. Keep government out of our lives. Right.
The great lie from the conservatives.
Did it ever occur to the stupid asses in the legislature that the mother doesn't want the fathers name on there for a variety of reasons.
But they, lets' force our will on the mother, again.
I say one more time, teabaggers, HYPOCRITES all of them.

Sounds like maybe they're trying to get daddy in the system so he can be held responsible for his little bundle of joy.

And what reason would that be?

If that were to happen, to me, why wouldn't I take that piece of trash to court?

What makes you so sure it's going to be the woman? There have been adults who have successfully sued parents for failing to provide financial support during their childhood. I happen to have a good friend who at the age of 21 got a $30,000 judgement
from her father. He was never under any order to provide child support, refused to ever do so, but she still won in court.

In any event, the point that you're not understanding is that this bill would produce nothing but a string of bad consequences, while accomplishing nothing of value.

Ever heard of DNA?

Yep. And while you're busy paying for DNA testing, and paying for your lawyer, are you going to be saying that this was a great law and that all your expense was worth it?

Like I said, I don't spread my seed all over town, this stupid shit will never be an issue in my life.

It probably won't be an issue in most people's lives, but that doesn't justify denying a birth certificate, I can understand wanting to have a father's name on a birth certificate, but this is a really stupid way to go about it, The kid didn't do anything wrong.

Oh, I agree..... but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter to me. That was all I was saying.

But one issue I haven't noticed here is the sometimes ineptitude of the Child Support Enforcement people. For example, my daughter has been in the system for years and has been in and out of court so many times trying to get child support ... actually, at one point, the deputies actually knew us by sight and would walk us to our vehicles because her ex was so off the chain. So one day a year or so ago she got a call saying she had to appear in court and when she got there, her caseworker shoves a piece of paper at her and told her to sign it. She read it and said, "How long have you been my caseworker? And you don't know my son is now 21 years old? And you don't know that you can't ask for a reduction of past due support? I'm not signing this thing." Then the CSE attorney grabbed everything up, agreed with my daughter and into the courtroom they went. The only thing that kept the ex's sorry ass out of jail that day was that my daughter explained that since he was now getting disability payments, she was getting $100 a month swiped right off the top of that and if he went to jail the disability payments would cease and getting $100 was better than nothing. Also, in the interim years, the judges kept promising him if he showed up in court again he'd go to jail and it never happened. This time, she had a new judge on the bench and he was PISSED at the history in the file and the ex would have gone to jail. He's still into between $35,000 - $40,000 in arrearages. The quickest way the ex could get disability income was to file on a mental disability basis, because there's not a damn reason why he couldn't have worked all these years - other than child support avoidance not only for my daughter but for another child he fathered by someone else.

When you're dealing with people who know how to play the system it doesn't matter what kind of laws are enacted - they will find a way to get around them. And her ex had a real good teacher - his mother. I promise you, my daughter was the biggest thorn up his mother's ass that woman ever dealt with. My girl wouldn't give that woman or her worthless son one single inch.

It seems that even Republicans don't always appreciate the concept of unintended consequences. Fuckery. Fuckery everywhere.

New legislation filed in Springfield could make it extremely tough to be a single mother.

If a father is not listed on a birth certificate to a newborn child, the bill says a birth certificate would not be issued for that child and any hopes of receiving financial assistance, if needed, would be dashed. The bill does this by amending the Vital Records Act. You may be shocked to hear that HB6064, filed last week, is being sponsored by two white Republican men: Rep. John D. Cavaletto of Salem (which is a couple hours outside St. Louis), and Keith Wheeler, who represents the western 'burbs.

Illinois Bill Would Make Life Even More Difficult For Single Moms

Good. They are here in violation of our laws, so fuck them. Go back and come in legally, fucking crooks

It seems that even Republicans don't always appreciate the concept of unintended consequences. Fuckery. Fuckery everywhere.

New legislation filed in Springfield could make it extremely tough to be a single mother.

If a father is not listed on a birth certificate to a newborn child, the bill says a birth certificate would not be issued for that child and any hopes of receiving financial assistance, if needed, would be dashed. The bill does this by amending the Vital Records Act. You may be shocked to hear that HB6064, filed last week, is being sponsored by two white Republican men: Rep. John D. Cavaletto of Salem (which is a couple hours outside St. Louis), and Keith Wheeler, who represents the western 'burbs.

Two things- a birth certificate will not be issued? Wow so those Republicans want to screw over a child already screwed over by not having a responsible father? Refusing to issue a birth certificate just ensures that the child will have a more difficult life- somehow having to prove who he or she is without one- for everything.

And for the mother who was raped?

I guess the Republicans hope that this will lead to more poor women choosing abortion rather than burdening tax payers.....

Good. They are here in violation of our laws, so fuck them. Go back and come in legally, fucking crooks

Single mothers are here in violation of our laws?

Really?

Why exactly do you want to fuck over single mothers?

Actually, I'm all for it. The child may one day wish to know the name of his/her father. With the strides in medicine being what they are, it might one day serve the child to be readily able to have access to his/her father's medical records in order to treat some disease or other medical problem that pops it ugly head. I can't see any logical reason for not listing the father's identity.

Certainly I can see the desire to have the father listed- even to encourage the mother to list the father.

But denying the child a birth certificate does more harm, than the lack of the father's name.

"You may be shocked to hear that HB6064, filed last week, is being sponsored by two white Republican men"

^not shocked at all

Actually, I'm all for it. The child may one day wish to know the name of his/her father. With the strides in medicine being what they are, it might one day serve the child to be readily able to have access to his/her father's medical records in order to treat some disease or other medical problem that pops it ugly head. I can't see any logical reason for not listing the father's identity.

I will agree that it's more beneficial to the child to know their family history. But there are several problems with what you are saying.

1 - Nobody has access to another person's medical records, unless specifically granted. I know who my father is. I know his full name. I know what his full name at birth was, and I know what it was changed to and when it was changed. But I have no access to his medical records. That he is my father does not give me access. That I might have an important reason for wanting access does not give me access. Privacy laws prohibit me from having access, unless he grants me permission.

2 - There are instances when a woman does not know who the father is. Your moral qualms about her sexual behavior aside, this is a perfectly logical reason to not list a father.

3 - Regardless of whether the mother's decision is logical or not, the child is the one who ends up paying the highest price. The child is an American citizen, but will be denied the opportunity to produce the kinds of records that are typically relied upon to prove that citizenship.

I agree that if the Mother does not herself know whom the child's father is, then the question is moot. I also say that if the father is know and the child should ever require a kidney, liver, or what have you transplant, and the father is living, he might save the child's life.

This law is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, one can not deny a legal citizen the right to prove citizenship.

Bastard kids also have the right to equal protection .

Plus, moms don't just name a guy and poof he's on the birth certificate ! The dad has to sign the birth record .

Otherwise every chick would name Tom Brady as baby daddy .

You cannot think of any scenario that would be the reason?

Ahh! Yes. Keep government out of our lives. Right.
The great lie from the conservatives.
Did it ever occur to the stupid asses in the legislature that the mother doesn't want the fathers name on there for a variety of reasons.
But they, lets' force our will on the mother, again.
I say one more time, teabaggers, HYPOCRITES all of them.

Sounds like maybe they're trying to get daddy in the system so he can be held responsible for his little bundle of joy.

And what reason would that be?

Forum List

Back