No birth certificate for you!!

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
It seems that even Republicans don't always appreciate the concept of unintended consequences. Fuckery. Fuckery everywhere.

New legislation filed in Springfield could make it extremely tough to be a single mother.

If a father is not listed on a birth certificate to a newborn child, the bill says a birth certificate would not be issued for that child and any hopes of receiving financial assistance, if needed, would be dashed. The bill does this by amending the Vital Records Act. You may be shocked to hear that HB6064, filed last week, is being sponsored by two white Republican men: Rep. John D. Cavaletto of Salem (which is a couple hours outside St. Louis), and Keith Wheeler, who represents the western 'burbs.

Illinois Bill Would Make Life Even More Difficult For Single Moms

If I was one of those single mothers, I would just declare, "The daddy's name is John D. Cavaletto" or, "The daddy's name is Keith Wheeler".

Then let the fun times roll.

• Banned
If I was one of those single mothers, I would just declare, "The daddy's name is John D. Cavaletto" or, "The daddy's name is Keith Wheeler".

Then let the fun times roll.

:lol: That would be well played. But I suspect we're going to see more big star names.

• Banned
I think I'm going to file this one in the "Who gives a fuck?" file...

You're going to give a fuck if a woman throws out a name that happens to be yours, just so she can get a birth certificate for her child, and you get slapped with financial responsibility.

You're going to give a fuck if a woman throws out a name that happens to be yours, just so she can get a birth certificate for her child, and you get slapped with financial responsibility.

There's this thing called DNA....maybe you've heard of it.

, is being sponsored by two white Republican men:

So this is a race baiting article.....and thread?

That is not going to happen bub... anyway, I have a very good attorney. I'd destroy her.

Actually, I'm all for it. The child may one day wish to know the name of his/her father. With the strides in medicine being what they are, it might one day serve the child to be readily able to have access to his/her father's medical records in order to treat some disease or other medical problem that pops it ugly head. I can't see any logical reason for not listing the father's identity.

That is not going to happen bub

What makes you so sure? You really think that the women effected by this are going to simply roll over and take it in the ass? If that was their way, they wouldn't have ended up pregnant in the first place, now would they?

What's going to end up happening is that women will simply throw out any random name they come up with, and collect their child's birth certificate. And all of a sudden, there will be men out there who are being legally recognized as fathers.

anyway, I have a very good attorney. I'd destroy her.

But I thought you didn't care? You don't go to court over something you don't care about.

Vee need to fingerprrrint effry citizen and take szampels of ihr Dee. En. Ay. Vee need a
zentrale Datenbank to trrrrack down zee Vaters.

That is not going to happen bub

What makes you so sure? You really think that the women effected by this are going to simply roll over and take it in the ass? If that was their way, they wouldn't have ended up pregnant in the first place, now would they?

What's going to end up happening is that women will simply throw out any random name they come up with, and collect their child's birth certificate. And all of a sudden, there will be men out there who are being legally recognized as fathers.

anyway, I have a very good attorney. I'd destroy her.

But I thought you didn't care? You don't go to court over something you don't care about.

If that were to happen, to me, why wouldn't I take that piece of trash to court?

Ever heard of DNA?

Actually, I'm all for it. The child may one day wish to know the name of his/her father. With the strides in medicine being what they are, it might one day serve the child to be readily able to have access to his/her father's medical records in order to treat some disease or other medical problem that pops it ugly head. I can't see any logical reason for not listing the father's identity.

I will agree that it's more beneficial to the child to know their family history. But there are several problems with what you are saying.

1 - Nobody has access to another person's medical records, unless specifically granted. I know who my father is. I know his full name. I know what his full name at birth was, and I know what it was changed to and when it was changed. But I have no access to his medical records. That he is my father does not give me access. That I might have an important reason for wanting access does not give me access. Privacy laws prohibit me from having access, unless he grants me permission.

2 - There are instances when a woman does not know who the father is. Your moral qualms about her sexual behavior aside, this is a perfectly logical reason to not list a father.

3 - Regardless of whether the mother's decision is logical or not, the child is the one who ends up paying the highest price. The child is an American citizen, but will be denied the opportunity to produce the kinds of records that are typically relied upon to prove that citizenship.

If that were to happen, to me, why wouldn't I take that piece of trash to court?

What makes you so sure it's going to be the woman? There have been adults who have successfully sued parents for failing to provide financial support during their childhood. I happen to have a good friend who at the age of 21 got a $30,000 judgement
from her father. He was never under any order to provide child support, refused to ever do so, but she still won in court.

In any event, the point that you're not understanding is that this bill would produce nothing but a string of bad consequences, while accomplishing nothing of value.

Ever heard of DNA?

Yep. And while you're busy paying for DNA testing, and paying for your lawyer, are you going to be saying that this was a great law and that all your expense was worth it?

What makes you so sure it's going to be the woman? There have been adults who have successfully sued parents for failing to provide financial support during their childhood. I happen to have a good friend who at the age of 21 got a $30,000 judgement
from her father. He was never under any order to provide child support, refused to ever do so, but she still won in court.

In any event, the point that you're not understanding is that this bill would produce nothing but a string of bad consequences, while accomplishing nothing of value.

Ever heard of DNA?

Yep. And while you're busy paying for DNA testing, and paying for your lawyer, are you going to be saying that this was a great law and that all your expense was worth it?

Like I said, I don't spread my seed all over town, this stupid shit will never be an issue in my life.

Ahh! Yes. Keep government out of our lives. Right.
The great lie from the conservatives.
Did it ever occur to the stupid asses in the legislature that the mother doesn't want the fathers name on there for a variety of reasons.
But they, lets' force our will on the mother, again.
I say one more time, teabaggers, HYPOCRITES all of them.

Sounds like maybe they're trying to get daddy in the system so he can be held responsible for his little bundle of joy.

Forum List

Back