Nixon: Jews 'Obnoxious', 'Deserters'

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Funny, I hadn't noticed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/11/us/politics/11nixon.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper

Nixon also strongly hinted that his reluctance to even consider amnesty for young Americans who went to Canada to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam War was because, he told Mr. Colson, so many of them were Jewish.

“I didn’t notice many Jewish names coming back from Vietnam on any of those lists; I don’t know how the hell they avoid it,” he said, adding: “If you look at the Canadian-Swedish contingent, they were very disproportionately Jewish. The deserters.”

Last edited:
He Seems to have disparagd the Irish a great deal more.

times Article said:
While previous recordings have detailed Nixon’s animosity toward Jews, including those who served in his administration like Henry A. Kissinger, his national security adviser, these tapes suggest an added layer of complexity to Nixon’s feeling. He and his aides seem to make a distinction between Israeli Jews, whom Nixon admired, and American Jews.

In a conversation Feb. 13, 1973, with Charles W. Colson, a senior adviser who had just told Nixon that he had always had “a little prejudice,” Nixon said he was not prejudiced but continued: “I’ve just recognized that, you know, all people have certain traits.”

“The Jews have certain traits,” he said. “The Irish have certain — for example, the Irish can’t drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I’ve known gets mean when he drinks. Particularly the real Irish.”

He was indeed, the most descriptive in his motivations and paranoia. I know of no other President as foul as Nixon.

Funny, I hadn't noticed.

Nixon also strongly hinted that his reluctance to even consider amnesty for young Americans who went to Canada to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam War was because, he told Mr. Colson, so many of them were Jewish.

“I didn’t notice many Jewish names coming back from Vietnam on any of those lists; I don’t know how the hell they avoid it,” he said, adding: “If you look at the Canadian-Swedish contingent, they were very disproportionately Jewish. The deserters.”
Maybe he was humping Helen Thomas at the time?

I know he was married and had children, but he reminded me of one who had never had sex.

He always looked that ready to explode. :tongue:

Funny, I hadn't noticed.

Maybe he was humping Helen Thomas at the time?

You have to keep in mind that he was a paranoid micromanager who really did not like anyone. More than once I saw Pat look at him sideways with dislike.

He had a lot of angst. It came out in his racism. And like all good (for the racist that is) racism, it has its kernel of truth.

Jews fought in great numbers in the second world war and served with distinction. The Jews who fought in Vietnam also fought well and with distinction.

Far fewer Jews fought in Vietnam since their parents, who were now wealthier and who intellectually did not agree with going over there in the first place, sought every loophole they could to get their young not to go.

The bodybags coming back were horrific. I remember. There's a lot of Jewish lawyers and they worked full time to keep their kids out of that war.

Cowards? No. They were (at that time) just like all the other baby boomers, and trying to give their young the best of everything they could.

Being one who has fought in war, I can understand Nixon's views, but there were extenuating circumstances. Look at what Vietnam did to the Khmer Rouge after the war stopped.

They never did become a bastion of what was said they would become. True, they are not us, but they are also not what we were told we were to fight.

So, I am also lopsided on this one. Since there are only thirteen million Jews worldwide (including Israel) I can understand their views and choices.

I stand to them.

To advance as a race the jews had to advance in the areas of finance, law, government etc. Obviously, being fodder for the U.S. or even Israeli foreign policy interests didn't attain that goal in white America. If my goal as a minority was to advance I certainly wouldn't send myself willingly to a slaughter house.

I don't dislike all Jews, but a lot of them tend to rub me the wrong way. And I'll admit I laughed when a friend said the TV show Curb Your Enthusiasm should instead be titled Jews Being Jews.

Back in HS and college I worked in retail stores of a national brand of consumer items in the Chicago area. They had several stores downtown and also a lot in the various malls all over the suburbs. I was a good worker so they'd always take me on in the summers and during long school breaks.

One time I was in the main office talking to the guy who did the hiring and placement, which was standard procedure every time I started back to work with them. As I had worked in several different stores over the years he asked me if I had any preference for this stint. Told him it really didn't matter but one I would prefer to avoid was in the Old Orchard mall. In answer to his question of why not there, I told him there was just something about a lot of the people who shop that particular store and reiterated some of the problems I'd had with customers there in the past.

The guy leaned back in his chair and laughed and said, "That's because they're Jews." The Old Orchard mall was in Skokie, a predominantly Jewish suburb. I had worked there one summer and a couple of times during the Christmas season, so I found his comment interesting. As a kid in my late teens I was certainly aware of Jewish people but that was about it. I had had some negative experiences with people in that store but up until that moment I had no idea they - not all but likely most of them - were Jewish people.

And I did end up working that store again a year or so later and, sure enough, I had to deal with things there that seldom if ever happened at other stores.

I don't dislike all Jews, but

But is considered the great negation.

I like you but,
I want this but,
You are nice, but,
Thanks for your input, but,

The term but greatly negates the prior statement. If one creates a statement and then uses a negation to support another view in the same extension, they are attempting to prove by contradiction.

It loses validity. You don't dislike all Jews, but...

...then you speak of the problems you had with Jews and how you didn't want to work in that store where by extension, 'they' were.

Where and who are the Jews you don't dislike?

You have to keep in mind that he was a paranoid micromanager who really did not like anyone. More than once I saw Pat look at him sideways with dislike.

He had a lot of angst. It came out in his racism. And like all good (for the racist that is) racism, it has its kernel of truth.

Jews fought in great numbers in the second world war and served with distinction. The Jews who fought in Vietnam also fought well and with distinction.

Far fewer Jews fought in Vietnam since their parents, who were now wealthier and who intellectually did not agree with going over there in the first place, sought every loophole they could to get their young not to go.

The bodybags coming back were horrific. I remember. There's a lot of Jewish lawyers and they worked full time to keep their kids out of that war.

Cowards? No. They were (at that time) just like all the other baby boomers, and trying to give their young the best of everything they could.

Being one who has fought in war, I can understand Nixon's views, but there were extenuating circumstances. Look at what Vietnam did to the Khmer Rouge after the war stopped.

They never did become a bastion of what was said they would become. True, they are not us, but they are also not what we were told we were to fight.

So, I am also lopsided on this one. Since there are only thirteen million Jews worldwide (including Israel) I can understand their views and choices.

I stand to them.

Jews wholly approved of WWII because it was, for them, a war against Hitler.

They wholly disapproved of Vietnam because it was a war against communism, their little Marxist brain-baby.

But the common theme is that whatever advances THEIR interests is what they go with, regardless of the country they're in. America to them is just another stop on the way.

Another reason why Nixon is often regarded as "America's Greatest President."

By who?

He resigned his presidency before becoming the first US President to be impeached AND removed from office.

File:Letter_of_Resignation_of_Richard_M._Nixon,_1974.jpg

Watergate scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No other President has resigned.

I like you but,
I want this but,
You are nice, but,

The term but greatly negates the prior statement. If one creates a statement and then uses a negation to support another view in the same extension, they are attempting to prove by contradiction.

...then you speak of the problems you had with Jews and how you didn't want to work in that store where by extension, 'they' were.

You're explaining to the class here why people end up disliking Jews. I don't "hate all Jews" myself -- my objection to them is on a political level -- but they also do have highly annoying traits that are hard to deny: hyper-obnoxious, persistent, dramatic, pushy, demanding... really sometimes just shockingly outrageous with their demands. Sometimes, a decent person might just get caught thinking that maybe Hitler wasn't all wrong...

Nixon disliked Jews, and they certainly returned the favor. "Deep Throat" was a Jew.

There is actually very little, policy-wise, that anyone can ding Nixon for... he was a pretty solid Republican president. Watergate was teensy-tiny compared to anything Clinton ever did, and probably Kennedy too. But they wanted to get Nixon, and they did. Don't think Jews are the ones with the "hidden power" in America? Believe it.

I like you but,
I want this but,
You are nice, but,

You're explaining to the class here why people end up disliking Jews. I don't "hate all Jews" myself -- my objection to them is on a political level -- but they also do have highly annoying traits that are hard to deny: hyper-obnoxious, persistent, dramatic, pushy, demanding... really sometimes just shockingly outrageous with their demands. Sometimes, a decent person might just get caught thinking that maybe Hitler wasn't all wrong...

I question the idea that you would know a decent person if you met one :)

Nixon disliked Jews, and they certainly returned the favor. "Deep Throat" was a Jew.

There is actually very little, policy-wise, that anyone can ding Nixon for... he was a pretty solid Republican president. Watergate was teensy-tiny compared to anything Clinton ever did, and probably Kennedy too. But they wanted to get Nixon, and they did. Don't think Jews are the ones with the "hidden power" in America? Believe it.
:cuckoo: Trying to throw an election is about as bad as you can get in a democracy.

I did not know Nixon felt this way about Jews. How sad...his paranoia knew no bounds.

Forum List

Back