Nielsen Racist?

Originally posted by Big D
Can someone even name one half way decent black movie?

B00004Z1FX.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Shaft (2000)

blade.jpg

Blade

leonard-poster.jpg

Leonard Part 6

How many do you want again?

Originally posted by NewGuy
B00004Z1FX.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Shaft (2000)

blade.jpg

Blade

81m.jpg

Leonard Part 6

How many do you want again?
No, I think you prove MY point enuff, Thanks.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
What about Malcolm X? That was an excellent, whether or not you agree with his beliefs, the movie itself was excellent.

Or Undercover Brotha was great, if you like blaxploitation movies :p:
I like racial movies, but Malcolm X was one of the most boring movies of ALL time, it also bombed at the box office.

So it's Shaft, Blade, Leonard 6, Malcom X and Undercover brother.

I rest my case.

hmm...

Some would argue it's because black film makers can't secure enough investments to keep a high production value.

Fwiw, The Nutty Professor was good...was that a 'black' film? How about that one where Eddie Murphy is a player, and tries to get hot chicks, but always leaves them because they have ugly feet? Boomerang? hmmm..

:D

Originally posted by -=d=-
hmm...

Some would argue it's because black film makers can't secure enough investments to keep a high production value.

Fwiw, The Nutty Professor was good...was that a 'black' film? How about that one where Eddie Murphy is a player, and tries to get hot chicks, but always leaves them because they have ugly feet? Boomerang? hmmm..

:D
When I say "black" film, the most important part is that the film was written by a black person.

Is this the part where Big D lures us into saying "But all the hollywood types are Jews who keep the black man out" just so he can call us racist?

This is a really stupid point Big-D.

The fact is Hollywood, like any large power structure IS a good-old-boy's club and new rising stars are few and far between unless they succumb to the political games.

As such, how many spirited young blacks are going to write something and subject themselves?

FEW.

The movies I have presented show how the good-old-boys didn't exactly get their way, yet money was made.

You ask if there IS ONE.

I gave you 3. Take a look at the stars and their biographies.

Samuel Jackson
Wesley Snipes
Bill Cosby

You are way outta your league.....AGAIN.

Hollywood just wants to make money. The fact is that black films are terrible, and the list you gave is all the proof someone needs.

Originally posted by Big D
Hollywood just wants to make money. The fact is that black films are terrible, and the list you gave is all the proof someone needs.

:laugh:

If you say so.

You obviously have never seen them.

How about Menace To Society or Boyz In The Hood? Oh wait, Big D will say those are good because Blacks died, oh well.

I love willie's desperate cry for attention in the middle of all that fun, lol.

Oh yes and Blade is an Awesome movie. As is Lethal Weapon starring Danny Glover, Beverly Hills Cop starring Eddie Murphey, Pretty much anything with Denzel Washington in it.

We can go on and on with good black actors. But then why do we need to go there.

Originally posted by NewGuy
I gave you 3. Take a look at the stars and their biographies.

Samuel Jackson
Wesley Snipes
Bill Cosby

No, you did not cite three good "black" movies. You cited three good black actors. You then jumped to the conclusion that having good actors automatically makes the movie worthwhile. It does not.

I did not see Cosby's movie. I did see the other two. In my opion, they were both stinkers.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
No, you did not cite three good "black" movies. You cited three good black actors. You then jumped to the conclusion that having good actors automatically makes the movie worthwhile. It does not.

I did not see Cosby's movie. I did see the other two. In my opion, they were both stinkers.

Well smart guy, who did the movie "Shaft"?

Clue: John Singleton

What race is he?

It was a good movie by accounts of the general populace.

I jumped to NO conclusions. It wasn't specified that directors were the relevant factor.

Do you have any idea who directed or had written the other two?

Don't speak out of ignorance, it doesn't prove your point.

So NewGuy,
The best black movie in YOUR opinion is The remake of "shaft".

I rest my case, blacks lack creative abillity's.

Forum List

Back