NFL World Reacts To What Skip Bayless Said About Black Coaches

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
During this Thursday’s episode of Undisputed, FS1 personality Skip Bayless shared his theory as to why there aren’t a lot of Black head coaches in the NFL.

Bayless believes there are NFL owners who aren’t comfortable with a Black head coach.

"I’m going to just boil it down to: These older white owners just aren’t that comfortable with a black head coach because they need to interact, they need to go to dinner with the wives or the significants, or whatever, and they’re just not that comfortable," Bayless said. "When they do have an interview, it’s gonna be a quicker click with a young white hot candidate.

"It’s just culture, it’s just the way life is. And I don’t know how to defeat it, because each of these guys is an independent owner in the umbrella of the NFL."

For the first time in a long time, sports fans agree with something Bayless said.

What do you think Ole Skip meant by his comments?

Is there some truth to what Skip is saying?

During this Thursday’s episode of Undisputed, FS1 personality Skip Bayless shared his theory as to why there aren’t a lot of Black head coaches in the NFL.

Bayless believes there are NFL owners who aren’t comfortable with a Black head coach.

"I’m going to just boil it down to: These older white owners just aren’t that comfortable with a black head coach because they need to interact, they need to go to dinner with the wives or the significants, or whatever, and they’re just not that comfortable," Bayless said. "When they do have an interview, it’s gonna be a quicker click with a young white hot candidate.

"It’s just culture, it’s just the way life is. And I don’t know how to defeat it, because each of these guys is an independent owner in the umbrella of the NFL."

For the first time in a long time, sports fans agree with something Bayless said.

Do you think multiple time felon Eric Bienemy should be handed a HC job?

He's not wrong. It's a crime that Eric Bieniemy doesn't have a head coaching job yet. Or that Brian Flores was booted from Miami after two seasons because he wouldn't lose out. Or that David Culley and Lovie Smith got exactly one season apiece with the Houston Texans when likes of Matt Patricia and Joe Judge got way more time than they deserved.....and I'm not holding out much hope for DeMeco Ryans chances.

He thinks white owners aren’t comfortable around black coaching prospects. Duh. Everything they say would be examined for racism by the bigoted self-segregating black coach.
NFL is just another trash sport dumbed-down for an ever growing intellectually-challenged segment of the society.

Forum List

Back