NFL Week 16 Predictions

Borillar

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2012
Directly above the center of the Earth
We're heading down the final stretch of the season towards the playoffs. So far, we have the Eagles, Vikings, and 49ers clinching spots in the NFC, and the Bills and Chiefs in the AFC. This Christmas weekend we have a few good matchups to watch.

Thursday Night Game
Jaguars
at Jets - I'll take the Jags on the road. Jets have a very good defense, but I have very little faith in their QB Wilson.

My wife fell and hurt herself. Will get the rest of my picks in later after we get home from urgent care.

Back from a long afternoon at urgent care. Wife's leg is gimpy, but nothing broken, so that's good. Guess I'm gonna be fetching stuff for her the next several days. Got her settled in and we're watching the Jets vs Jags game. Jets are down 13-3 at the half, which is pretty much what I expected.

Guess I'll get the rest of my picks in now.

Saturday Games
Falcons at Ravens - I'll go with the Ravens at home even though they suck without Jackson. Falcons are done.

Lions at Panthers - I'll go with the Lions who are hot now.

Seahawks at Chiefs - Pretty sure the Seachix are dropping out of the Playoffs. Chefs should win easily at home.

Saints at Browns - Browns at home.

Texans at Titans - Texans have been playing well, but losing close games. Titans have lost 4 straight games. I'll go with the Texans.

Bengals at Patriots - Belichek probably tore some new assholes after their loss to the Raiders last week, but Bengals are a step above them and should win here.

Giants at Vikings - Hopefully Vikings learned their lesson about coming out flat after a big emotional victory. Jints playing for a playoff spot. Vikings trying to maintain #2 seed with hopes of potentially overtaking Eagles for the top spot with Jalen Hurts injury.

Bills at Bears - Da Bills.

Commanders at 49ers - Should be a good game. Chase Young back for the Commies. Think Whiners take it though.

Eagles at Cowboys - Think the Cowpies can beat the Eagles without Hurts playing.

Raiders at Steelers - RIP Franco Harris who passed earlier this week. 50th anniversary of the "Immaculate Reception". I don't think the Steelers will allow themselves to lose this game.

Sunday Games
Packers at Dolphins - Dolphins have lost 3 straight and Pukers have won their last 2 games. Still... Dolphins at home playing for playoff spot.

Broncos at Rams - Crappy Broncos at depleted Rams. Guess I'll go with the Broncos.

Buccaneers at Cardinals - I'll take the Bucs.

Monday Night Football
Chargers at Colts - I'll take the Bolts over the Colts.

Back from a long afternoon at urgent care. Wife's leg is gimpy, but nothing broken, so that's good. Guess I'm gonna be fetching stuff for her the next several days. Got her settled in and we're watching the Jets vs Jags game. Jets are down 13-3 at the half, which is pretty much what I expected.

Guess I'll get the rest of my picks in now.

Saturday Games
Falcons at Ravens - I'll go with the Ravens at home even though they suck without Jackson. Falcons are done.

Lions at Panthers - I'll go with the Lions who are hot now.

Seahawks at Chiefs - Pretty sure the Seachix are dropping out of the Playoffs. Chefs should win easily at home.

Saints at Browns - Browns at home.

Texans at Titans - Texans have been playing well, but losing close games. Titans have lost 4 straight games. I'll go with the Texans.

Bengals at Patriots - Belichek probably tore some new assholes after their loss to the Raiders last week, but Bengals are a step above them and should win here.

Giants at Vikings - Hopefully Vikings learned their lesson about coming out flat after a big emotional victory. Jints playing for a playoff spot. Vikings trying to maintain #2 seed with hopes of potentially overtaking Eagles for the top spot with Jalen Hurts injury.

Bills at Bears - Da Bills.

Commanders at 49ers - Should be a good game. Chase Young back for the Commies. Think Whiners take it though.

Eagles at Cowboys - Think the Cowpies can beat the Eagles without Hurts playing.

Raiders at Steelers - RIP Franco Harris who passed earlier this week. 50th anniversary of the "Immaculate Reception". I don't think the Steelers will allow themselves to lose this game.

Sunday Games
Packers at Dolphins - Dolphins have lost 3 straight and Pukers have won their last 2 games. Still... Dolphins at home playing for playoff spot.

Broncos at Rams - Crappy Broncos at depleted Rams. Guess I'll go with the Broncos.

Buccaneers at Cardinals - I'll take the Bucs.

Monday Night Football
Chargers at Colts - I'll take the Bolts over the Colts.
i'm praying for you and your wife. i'm glad she did not break a bone.

Can I ask a question about American football. You have those opposing players in a line and one guy throws the ball through his legs to a guy behind him (I know, they probably have position names). So the guy that has the ball tries to throw it forwards to gain yardage. So the next guy that catches the ball, is he allowed to throw it forwards, or just backwards/sideways or not at all?

Can I ask a question about American football. You have those opposing players in a line and one guy throws the ball through his legs to a guy behind him (I know, they probably have position names). So the guy that has the ball tries to throw it forwards to gain yardage. So the next guy that catches the ball, is he allowed to throw it forwards, or just backwards/sideways or not at all?
They do all have position names. The Center hikes the ball to the Quarterback (QB) who then can pass the ball to a receiver or hand the ball to a running back. A receiver who catches a forward pass can't throw another forward pass. He can lateral pass or backward pass the ball to a teammate. This doesn't happen very often, usually at the end of a game as a desperation attempt to score which doesn't work most of the time. A good example of failure is where the Patriots lost to the Raiders on an intercepted backwards pass.

An example of a successful backward pass is the Moss toss from several years ago.

They do all have position names. The Center hikes the ball to the Quarterback (QB) who then can pass the ball to a receiver or hand the ball to a running back. A receiver who catches a forward pass can't throw another forward pass. He can lateral pass or backward pass the ball to a teammate. This doesn't happen very often, usually at the end of a game as a desperation attempt to score which doesn't work most of the time. A good example of failure is where the Patriots lost to the Raiders on an intercepted backwards pass.

An example of a successful backward pass is the Moss toss from several years ago.

Sorry if they don't show up here. They can be seen on youtube.

You want my prediction? The Rams suck!
That's more of an observation than a prediction. I suppose most teams would suck after being hit with the injuries and personnel movement the Rams have had this year. Crazy that they have gone from Super Bowl Champs to a shell of that team. At least they have a shiny trophy and now will have a high draft pick.

In other games, Ravens beat the Falcons, Panthers knocked off the Lions 37-23, Bills crushed the Bears 35-13, Saints beat the Browns, and Chefs beat the Seachix. Bengals are ahead of the Patriots with seconds left. Titans lead Texans by a point with 5 minutes remaining.

You have those opposing players in a line and one guy throws the ball through his legs to a guy behind him (I know, they probably have position names).
The Center and the Quarterback.

So the guy that has the ball tries to throw it forwards to gain yardage. So the next guy that catches the ball, is he allowed to throw it forwards, or just backwards/sideways or not at all?
He can lateral it to another player.

Eagles got a FG to end the first half. 20-17 Eagles. In the two earlier games that were still underway, the Texans came back to beat the Titans, and the Bengals defeated the Pats. the Whiners lead the Commies 14-7 in the 3rd quarter.

Forum List

Back