NFL Ratings Down

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
The following article lists some reasons the NFL TV ratings are down.

Why is TV viewership down?

Pretty interesting, Goodell maybe the reason the ratings are down. I think people are getting tired of spoiled athletes and their BS.

ESPN is paying $1.9 billion per year for MNF thru 2021.

And now people are recording the game an hour ahead of time and fastforwarding thru the commercials. Meanwhile, cable subscribers who don't like sports are complaining about having to pay for ESPN. Cause for concern at Disney headquarters, no doubt.

The following article lists some reasons the NFL TV ratings are down.

Why is TV viewership down?

Pretty interesting, Goodell maybe the reason the ratings are down. I think people are getting tired of spoiled athletes and their BS.
Maybe. The prime time games have also been absolute garbage match ups. Lots of new faces as stars in the league. They need to create new story lines.

XCzD6In.jpg

The game is gentrified and boring. In addition, the scandals have taken their toll. Most decent people do not want to see cheaters win games, it takes away from the glamor, the unpredictability and the level of athletic skill once was thought to win games.

Just speaking for myself, I don't care what players do off the field or whether they kneel or stand for the anthem. I just want to see good football.

One complaint I have is too many penalties. Not sure what can be done about pass interference and offensive holding. But you'd think the pros would stop false starting in week 4.

Raiders are entertaining. Fantasy football is entertaining. So I'm still a fan.

Forum List

Back