NFL playoff game next week on Peacock.....Will you fall for it?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Xfinity subscribers like myself get Peacock included, but I won't be watching it......Same with the Amazon Thursday night games, I never watched a one of them.

I see it as a test run to see how many will pay and see how much untapped money is out there. Hopefully it flops.

Xfinity subscribers like myself get Peacock included, but I won't be watching it......Same with the Amazon Thursday night games, I never watched a one of them.

I see it as a test run to see how many will pay and see how much untapped money is out there. Hopefully it flops.

i'd rather listen on the radio than all that.

They did that with various games in the big 10 this year and established teams like Ohio State and Penn State raised hell. I'm with 1srelluc. Peacock is bullshit as is the whole idea of expanding pay to watch sports.

They did that with various games in the big 10 this year and established teams like Ohio State and Penn State raised hell. I'm with 1srelluc. Peacock is bullshit as is the whole idea of expanding pay to watch sports.
Sadly the Amazon games did very well in the ratings.

We've been paying since signing up for cable years ago. A small number of people use a digital antenna but not many.

You do understand that what they are doing is Capitalistic?

Will I sign up for Peacock? No.

We've been paying since signing up for cable years ago. A small number of people use a digital antenna but not many.

Sure and that's fine.....But nothing says you can't choose to make it a poor capitalistic decision on the NFL's part.....Peacock is not a tax the .gov imposes on you. ;)

Sure and that's fine.....But nothing says you can't choose to make it a poor capitalistic decision on the NFL's part.....Peacock is not a tax the .gov imposes on you. ;)

I hope people do reject it but it's not looking likely.

We will see how much people are willing to spend when the games get played in Brazil. Italy, Australia, etc.

Everyone understands it's capitalistic. Everyone also has the right to refuse to pay. In capitalism, there will always be a ceiling where people will refuse to pay. That's what makes it great. I think the NCAA will soon get a lesson in capitalism for implementing NIL, the transfer portal and making it so easy for scholarship players to opt out of bowl games. They'll all get a rude awakening when their fan bases start abandoning them, like I did with Penn State bowl games.

It is not Capitalistic. Otherwise, there would be at least several Cable companies to choose from everywhere we live. They are monopolies. Your choice is to not have cable and use something else.

It is not Capitalistic. Otherwise, there would be at least several Cable companies to choose from everywhere we live. They are monopolies. Your choice is to not have cable and use something else.
monopoly is a feature of capitalism. is there still a technical reason to maintain local monopolies in cable? does not seem sol.

Miami vs The Chiefs is the best game. Itd the one on Peacock. I’ll just watch it at the bar

Always with the excuses. Nothing in Capitalism states the NFL must divvy out games to every provider available. It went to the highest bidder. Capitalism.

monopoly is a feature of capitalism. is there still a technical reason to maintain local monopolies in cable? does not seem sol.
Electric, water, gas companies are monopolies and under control of local governments. In comparison closer to government employees. If people had a choice of not having bundles in their channels and picking one channel at a time if they wish, then the argument would be lower. A lot of people do not want the sports channels. Yet are forced to have them and pay for them as basic. The sports leagues have accrued billions and billions of dollars and even pay for other leagues with the money and keep them afloat. That is not capitalism. If a sports channel cost the subscriber 10 dollars a month in his/her ill, making it premium may raise the price to near 30 dollars a month. I guarantee you people will complain and this will have the effect of lessening the real costs to watch TV on a monopoly service, going to a game and letting other leagues rise or fall on their own.

How long before you have to "sign up" to watch all NFL playoff games? I absolutely wouldn't do that, I don't have Peacock and don't mind these greedy bastards making me skip watching some of these games. Didn't mind missing the SF-Baltimore blowout on Peacock and won't miss watching this game, either.

Hopefully millions of viewers will sign up for $6.00 then cancel their subscription after the game.

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 6.23.38 PM.png

No.

Forum List

Back