Newt's ex is going to spill the beans.

I kind of think Newt's 15 minute of fame is already pretty much up.

No doubt his ex-wife can speed up the process of burying him, but I think Newt's campaign is on life support, anyway.

I really don't care what Newt's ex has to say. There are members of my family who are in law enforcement, they all say the same thing: There are three sides to a story: your side, their side and the truth" With that in mind, none of us will know who is really telling the truth, so again I don't care. What I do care about is someone who can turn the economy and job market around, and someone who believes in freedom, liberty and upholding our Constitution - Barack Obama doesn't qualify for any of these subjects.

As for Newt, it is easy to see why the left-wing is going to do everything possible to destroy him and make sure he does not win the Republican nomination. Newt Gingrich is the absolute last person the left wants to see facing Barack Obama. Gingrich in spite of his baggage, is highly intelligent. He does not need a teleprompter, nor does he even need notes - which is why he is so quick in his responses, Newt is just that smart. Obama and the left also know that Newt will not hold back, he doesn't want to bloody Obama's nose, he wants to knock him out. Newt is not going to be nice to Obama like some of the other Republican candidates, and the left knows it.

Make no mistake about it, Obama and the left are scared to death of Newt, even with all his baggage. If Newt wins the nomination, he will be behind Obama in the polls...until after the first debate. In the first debate, Newt will absolutely mop the floor with Obama, and Obama will NEVER recover from it.

BTW, Newt is NOT my choice for the Repblican nominee. While I believe he is by far the best to destroy Obama in a debate, his baggage could cost him the election. The only hope Obama would have against Gingrich is too much baggage.

That is all fine and dandy. But I will not vote for anyone who got canned for ethics violations. And I am not the only independently minded person who will think that way.

Be clear, I don't give a rat's ass about his marriages (and I absolutely agree about the 3 sides to every story)... but I care very much about ethical behavior in politics. I will not reward someone who violates ethics - even if that means 4 more years of the current assclown.

If the candidate is Newt, I'll do a write in ' "none of the above".

Yawn... are we getting scared because Newt beat the pants off Romney in a debate, where he stood there with the Dan Quayle "Deer in the Headlights"TM look?

Honestly, if Mittens is having a hard time with Newt, what the hell is he going to do against Obama, who is probably the third most talented politician of my lifetime. (The first two being Reagan and Clinton.)

Wait until this interview goes viral and it will, it won't be pretty.

And Romney won Iowa, New Hampshire and He will win South Carolina and Florida as well. He leads by double digits in Florida while Rick Perry, Santorum and the " angry pilsbury dole boy" ( Newt) splits the vote as they are fishing out of the same pond.

First, it's "Pilsbury Dough Boy".

Second, it turns out Santorum won Iowa. Imagine that.

Third, having a candidate that 60% of your party really doesn't want isn't exactly a road to victory is it?

So Romney wins by allying himself with the Mainstream Media to slime conservatives, and then he'll expect that conservatives will show up for him in the fall? Really? Should be amusing.

Yawn... are we getting scared because Newt beat the pants off Romney in a debate, where he stood there with the Dan Quayle "Deer in the Headlights"TM look?

Honestly, if Mittens is having a hard time with Newt, what the hell is he going to do against Obama, who is probably the third most talented politician of my lifetime. (The first two being Reagan and Clinton.)

Really? because I sure thought Romney made Newt look stupid for blaming Romney about the PACs who are attacking Newt when he had to begrudgingly admit that it's against Federal Law for Romney to do anything to stop them.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

First, what these PACs do ought to be illegal.

Second, if you don't think they aren't in cahoots with their candidates, well, you also think Joseph Smith was talking to God, so I guess you are just kind of gulliable in general.

Again, if Romney is struggling against Gingrich, who is usually five minutes from self-destructing at any given moment, what is he going to do against Obama? Seriously.

How will this hurt Newt?
Sexual infidelity and such is only a bad thing when the left does it.

No, lying in court and abusing your office to cover it up is the bad thing. I can totally understand your confusion on that point.

Everyone knew Clinton was a player when he was elected. The only person who he seemed to be trying to fool was Hillary.

Are you getting a tingle up your leg, Chris? :rolleyes:

MOre like a shudder down my spine that thet GOP is throwing it away.

But hey, maybe losing by Goldwater like proportions will keep us from ever saying "electability" again.

Newt is the smartest guy in the room bar none and he absolutely would wipe the floor with Barry in a debate.

He won't get the nom though. Too much baggage.

I could give fuck one about his baggage as I'm looking for someone who can get this country back on track.

Is he perfect?? Hell no. None of them are even close to perfect but he has the know how to get things done.

He can work across the aisle as he did with Clinton and I think he could get us back on track.

He won't get the opportunity though.

As for his wife? Funny she didnt' go public in 17yrs and now she is?? Wonder if anyones paying her for her little story?? The story that has three sides and you'll have to wonder which one is the truth.

Newt was forced out of office for ethics violations so that makes him the perfect GOP nominee.

Not true, but keep telling yourself that.

he resigned because his party lost ground in the election. Same reason Denny Hastert did.

Fishface Pelosi keeps her job no matter how many times she gets her butt handed to her.

House Banking Scandal: Newt Bounced 22 Checks
Remember the House Banking scandal, where so many congressmen wrote rubber checks on government money? Newt hopes you don't, because he bounced 22 himself, which almost cost him reelection in 1992. His vote for the secret House pay raise, and the chauffeur who drove him around Washington in a Lincoln Town Car, didn't help.

Newt is the smartest guy in the room bar none and he absolutely would wipe the floor with Barry in a debate.

He won't get the nom though. Too much baggage.

I could give fuck one about his baggage as I'm looking for someone who can get this country back on track.

Is he perfect?? Hell no. None of them are even close to perfect but he has the know how to get things done.

He can work across the aisle as he did with Clinton and I think he could get us back on track.

He won't get the opportunity though.

As for his wife? Funny she didnt' go public in 17yrs and now she is?? Wonder if anyones paying her for her little story?? The story that has three sides and you'll have to wonder which one is the truth.

I suspect she figures this is the best moment to get back at him. She has her anger she's been carrying around for years.

So I don't think he'll get the nomination. But we are ready to declare Romney the winner, with less than 2% of the delegates selected, and we are only finding out about him now? Cayman Island accounts? 15% tax burden? Thousands of jobs slashed?

The REpublican Party has become a joke.

Newt was forced out of office for ethics violations so that makes him the perfect GOP nominee.

he resigned because his party lost ground in the election. Same reason Denny Hastert did.

Fishface Pelosi keeps her job no matter how many times she gets her butt handed to her.

Remember the House Banking scandal, where so many congressmen wrote rubber checks on government money? Newt hopes you don't, because he bounced 22 himself, which almost cost him reelection in 1992. His vote for the secret House pay raise, and the chauffeur who drove him around Washington in a Lincoln Town Car, didn't help.

What hurt Newt in 1992 was that the Democratic assembly tried to eliminate his district by splitting it amongst three districts after the 1990 census. He moved to a new district. His primary opponent made an issue, but he still prevailed and then trounced the Democrat.

But seriously, this is the best you all have? Whining about stuff that happened 20 years ago?

I'm more worried about the damage Obama is doing now.

What hurt Newt in 1992 was that the Democratic assembly tried to eliminate his district by splitting it amongst three districts after the 1990 census. He moved to a new district. His primary opponent made an issue, but he still prevailed and then trounced the Democrat.

But seriously, this is the best you all have? Whining about stuff that happened 20 years ago?

Umm stuff that happened 20-30 years ago is the majority of the reasons we are in an economic/jobs recession now.
Newt is one of the founding fathers of our current situation.

Leroy is also Murdoch's man so he will likely get the nomination.

Umm stuff that happened 20-30 years ago is the majority of the reasons we are in an economic/jobs recession now.
Newt is one of the founding fathers of our current situation.

Leroy is also Murdoch's man so he will likely get the nomination.

I think we'd have to disagree on what causes our recession. It's a lot of things, but Newt not balancing his checkbook in a badly run house credit union wasn't one of them. Nor was his cheating on his nasty wife. (Whom I have no sympathy for. She knew what he was when she married him.)

Biggest problem we have, is offshoring and free trade. It's hollowed out the middle class, and both parties supported it enthusiastically.

I could make a list of other factors, assigning blame to both parties. I do blame the Democrats for the woeful state of American education, which has put the Teacher Unions above our need to make our kids competitive, and the Byzantine regulation structure. I blame Republicans for their support of corporate greed and undermining the middle class foundations.

Will this election resolve any of that? Probably not. Romney and Obama are two peas in a pod. At least Newt would think outside the box.

I really don't think anyone is going to be surprised by his ex-wife's revelations that he's a douche bag. We've always known Newt is a douche bag. This is ABC trying to drum up excitement during a primary that nobody is excited about.

It doesn't matter a whit because Newt was NEVER going to be the nominee...(darn it)

I really don't think anyone is going to be surprised by his ex-wife's revelations that he's a douche bag. We've always known Newt is a douche bag. This is ABC trying to drum up excitement during a primary that nobody is excited about.

It doesn't matter a whit because Newt was NEVER going to be the nominee...(darn it)

Probably not. The fix was in for Mittens from the start, wasn't it?

And that's the problem. Mittens had reams of Oppossition research on everyone, and let everyone know it. Newt only ignored it because he simply doesn't care.

So while we had a lot of solid guys who could have run, everyone let them get intimidated by Romney, who is unelectable.

Which is a shame. A second term of Obama isn't going to be any better than a first.

On the brighter side, the GOP will stomp in the 2014 midterms and who are they really going to have in 2016?

Forum List

Back