Newtonian Physics Declared to Be Genderist and Oppressive

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I just cant make this crap up, and sometimes I feel embarrassed to even link to it, lol.

But here it is for your perusal, if you like spelunking into the modern liberal mind.

Academic Journal: Newtonian Physics Is ‘Oppressive’ to Marginalized People

Whitney Stark argues that Newton’s understanding of physics is oppressive because it has “separated beings” based on their “binary and absolute differences” — a structure that she calls “hierarchical and exploitative” — and the same kind of system is “embedded in many structures of classification,” making it “part of the apparatus that enables oppression.” Stark explains:

This structural thinking of individualized separatism with binary and absolute differences as the basis for how the universe works seeped into/poured over/ is embedded in many structures of classification, which understand similarity and difference in the world, imposed in many hierarchical and exploitative organizational structures, whether through gender, life/nonlife, national borders, and so on.

According to Stark, the tendency to categorize in this way particularly hurts marginalized people because it can cause the activist efforts of minority groups to be “overshadowed” by the efforts of dominant groups.​

upload_2017-5-31_14-26-51.png

OMG!!!!! Will the laws of gravity apply? What happened to that apple? If two bodies are not attracted to each other will the human race survive? Is using the term black hole a racial slur? Should we be classifying planets and planetoids the way we do or is that discrimination? How could physicists be so discriminating in their world view?

Tune in next week! Same Bat Time. Same Bat channel. To find out where progressive social justice will take us...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Last edited:
I just cant make this crap up, and sometimes I feel embarrassed to even link to it, lol.

But here it is for your perusal, if you like spelunking into the modern liberal mind.

Whitney Stark argues that Newton’s understanding of physics is oppressive because it has “separated beings” based on their “binary and absolute differences” — a structure that she calls “hierarchical and exploitative” — and the same kind of system is “embedded in many structures of classification,” making it “part of the apparatus that enables oppression.” Stark explains:

This structural thinking of individualized separatism with binary and absolute differences as the basis for how the universe works seeped into/poured over/ is embedded in many structures of classification, which understand similarity and difference in the world, imposed in many hierarchical and exploitative organizational structures, whether through gender, life/nonlife, national borders, and so on.
According to Stark, the tendency to categorize in this way particularly hurts marginalized people because it can cause the activist efforts of minority groups to be “overshadowed” by the efforts of dominant groups.​

From another "work":

Assembled Bodies
Reconfiguring Quantum Identities
  1. Whitney Stark
Abstract
In this semimanifesto, I approach how understandings of quantum physics and cyborgian bodies can (or always already do) ally with feminist anti-oppression practices long in use. The idea of the body (whether biological, social, or of work) is not stagnant, and new materialist feminisms help to recognize how multiple phenomena work together to behave in what can become legible at any given moment as a body. By utilizing the materiality of conceptions about connectivity often thought to be merely theoretical, by taking a critical look at the noncentralized and multiple movements of quantum physics, and by dehierarchizing the necessity of linear bodies through time, it becomes possible to reconfigure structures of value, longevity, and subjectivity in ways explicitly aligned with anti-oppression practices and identity politics. Combining intersectionality and quantum physics can provide for differing perspectives on organizing practices long used by marginalized people, for enabling apparatuses that allow for new possibilities of safer spaces, and for practices of accountability.

don't worry about it, rightwingnuts don't believe in science anyway. :cuckoo:

I'm also pretty sure if the "national review" said it, it's garbage.

Dingbat should be forced to pass undergraduate Mechanics, E&M, and Modern Physics courses to get paid.

Never happen

Last edited:

How can somebody with no Physics background write about Physics?

Can I offer you medical advice honey?

I don't pretend to know what in hell that means, but Stark MUST realize that our brains are wired to organize information into subgroups also known as "stereotyping?" We fight it if we have a liberal mind.

most of us studied physics at some point.

not you, don't worry, we know you didn't

thanks for proving my point, snooky bear.

trump loons are so easy.

trump loons are so easy.

You are so smart honey - unfortunately I have two degrees in electrical engineering and applied physics.

Whitney Stark has how many??

I don't pretend to know what in hell that means, but Stark MUST realize that our brains are wired to organize information into subgroups also known as "stereotyping?" We fight it if we have a liberal mind.

How many physics courses have you taken?

trump loons are so easy.

How many physics classes have you taken darling?

images

If that were the case then it wouldn't matter who's who when filling out applications for college or a job. The most knowledgeable and qualified would fill the position offered.

*****SMILE*****

:)

trump loons are so easy.

How many physics classes have you taken darling?

i wouldn't worry about it if I were you. but how many have you taken, snookie bear, you know, since you're all het up and all...

for the record, I wasn't arguing physics. I was pointing out the poor sourcing. not that you'd be able to respond to a substantive scientific discussion anyway.

we all get that you aren't very bright.

it's ok.

i can't help it if rightwingnut poindscum hate science and are averse to education.

:cuckoo:

I think I'm on your side this time, genius.

I think I'm on your side this time, genius.

I am just not sure what a liberal mind has to do with the law of physics?

Vectors are political?

Who knew?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back