Newt says he is guided by God. Looks to God before making decisions.

Unlike, for example, Nancy Pelosi or Barrack Obama?

Interestingly enough, I've never seen them wear their religion on their sleeve.

Newt tends to drape himself with it.

You tend to ignore Obama's speeches then? Cuz I can, without google, cite at least 10 speeches by Obama where he specifically cites 'God'.

Your partisanship is funny. :lol:

Obama cites god because he has too, otherwise America wouldn't accept him. I am not blaming him for doing so, but I don't think he really believes it. He is too smart.

You tend to ignore Obama's speeches then? Cuz I can, without google, cite at least 10 speeches by Obama where he specifically cites 'God'.

He cites God as it relates to this country, very rarely do you hear either Obama or Pelosi publicly affirm their own personal belief system and what they think others should do, based on that belief system.

Newt does.

Must suck to be so blinded by your rhetoric that you actually become ignorant.

Obama cites god because he has too, otherwise America wouldn't accept him. I am not blaming him for doing so, but I don't think he really believes it. He is too smart.

then that makes him a hypocrite.....

Maybe God wants a colony on the moon.

Did you ever think of that?

Actually, based on simple observation, I think that He would want us to colonize Mars instead of the Moon because the Moon has a greater chance of meteor impacts.

Guess Newt didn't take that into consideration.

Besides...........Mars has atmosphere, the Moon doesn't.

I am waiting for the candidate that stands up and tells everyone that his religion is his own business and no one elses and they refuse to discuss their private beliefs.
And tells everyone that gay marriage is not their business, government should work hard to discourage abortion but not be involved in laws against it and the individual will be respected for the personal private beliefs.

Retail Sales Stocking Inventory Delivery Driver Warehouse
Newt also said, "We are at "war". Christians against the "academic elite"." and he will be "guided by God".

Christians against the "academic elite?

Is that like "Christians against education"?

It would seem so.

This is typical of the ignorance and arrogance of Gingrich and the other Culture Warriors: to try to divide rather than unite, to demonize and ridicule diversity and dissent – the same diversity and dissent that makes America great and strong.

To claim one group of Americans is ‘at war’ with another is reprehensible, even if intended as idiom or metaphor.

So, you condemned Obama for referring to conservatives as 'the enemy' then, right?

I didn't know he said that. Do you have a link? I would be interested in seeing it.

Newt prays to God for guidance. He may not have always done that, but if he does now it's good enough for me.

Obaabaa says "I can do whatever the fuck I want because I won"

Do you have a link to Obama saying that? I would be interested in seeing it.

Know what pisses me off most about these GOP "Christians"?

They seem to use God as more of a prop to be displayed for political gain rather than actually following the lessons of Yeshua.

Nancy Pelosi? I don't even know what her religion is. Never heard her mention it.

Obama has been called again and again by the right wing a Muslim. Saying, "No I'm not. I'm a Christian" isn't "using" his religion. He is just correcting lying assholes. Surely you can see the difference?

Newt prays to God for guidance. He may not have always done that, but if he does now it's good enough for me.

It’s good enough for you because he’s a republican, if Gingrich said he prays to Satan you’d still vote for him.

You know........if Newt actually DID pray to God for guidance, why is he still acting like a complete tool? Does he even listen to what God says?

I doubt it.

What did God say to you?

Actually, he ends nearly all of them with "God Bless America". It's not the same thing.

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, 1835

When Totalitarianism comes, you will not be able to buy, sell or trade, without the Mark.

P.S. Separation of Church and State is a Christian Teaching. Maybe the problem lies in your definition.

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, 1835

When Totalitarianism comes, you will not be able to buy, sell or trade, without the Mark.

P.S. Separation of Church and State is a Christian Teaching. Maybe the problem lies in your definition.

What?
For almost a thousand years the Christian Church was in bed with every monarchy in Europe. They drew their power from the church, trampling on the common man declaring their divine right from God.
The main support against the revolution was from the Anglican church which was the dominant church in the colonies. 100,000 of them left to Canada and back to England after the revolution.

Forum List

Back