News International is a criminal organization

Show me where the OP talks about FOX, idiot.

Here's the deal A-hole. We can argue about agenda and motivation. Why so much concern about a UK tabloid when American political operatives were given a slap on the wrist for doing the same thing to the Speaker of the House?

It's not just a UK tabloid, dope. Don't you read? Or are you just spending your time here, spouting and spewing?

It has now spread to Murdoch's other papers, The Sun and the Sunday Times. And, as another thread states, they were hacking 9/11 victims' families phones, also. So that brings it home to the U.S.

Where's your Gingrich link?

The 9/11 victims' families were British, not American. So, no, it is jack shit to do with the US.

And.... that particular allegation about The Sun.... The Sun have a sworn affidavit from the person who gave them the story. It was not obtained by a phone hack.

Democrat operatives hacked Newt Gingrich cell phone conversation in 1996 and turned the tapes over to congressional democrats who released the illegally obtained conversation to the NY Times and the Atlanta Journal. In '08, democrat operatives hacked into Sarah Palin's E-mail account. Does that mean the democrat party is a criminal organization?

Hilarious. The media hacked Newts phone, I could find no mention of Democrats.

Some young Tennessee college student hacked Sarah Palin's phone, again no mention of Democrats.

At least when I say Republicans want to get rid of Medicare or a Republican leader says "Poor people are like animals, feed them and they'll BREED", I prove it. I don't just "assume".

"The media"? What media? Who exactly hacked it?

“Phone Hacking”, Yikes!

“Blaggers”, Yikes! (WTF is a blagger?)

People being “tricked into handing over details”, Yikes!

News outlets reporting personal information gained illegally, Yikes!

Oops, I thought this was another Sarah Palin “gotcha” thread or even a Wiki Leaks thread (but it’s only a story about something the British press was doing).

“Phone Hacking”, Yikes!

Oops, I thought this was another Sarah Palin “gotcha” thread or even a Wiki Leaks thread (but it’s only a story about something the British press was doing).

Blagging (BritSpeak for bullshitting, or basically lying).

You left out Police Officers being accused of taking bribes from journalists to provide confidential information, personal mobile numbers, and using the UK police computer system for illegal searches. Yikes.

STOP BITCHING.....no crazee assumptions,just HARD COLD FACT...something you repubs wouldn't know about,now would you,even if it slapped you in the eye.:razz:
Does the American left think it can eliminate FOX news by making crazy assumptions about a UK tabloid? Bring it on. Lock up every sleazy UK operative who evesdropped on innocent people's phone calls but while you are at it you might want to research the democrat party operatives who intercepted Newt Gingrich's cell phone conversations and turned over the tape to a democrat senator.

YOU TELL EM GIRL:razz:
“Phone Hacking”, Yikes!

You left out Police Officers being accused of taking bribes from journalists to provide confidential information, personal mobile numbers, and using the UK police computer system for illegal searches. Yikes.

Better.... you tell us who owns the Daily Mirror.

YOU TELL EM GIRL:razz:
“Phone Hacking”, Yikes!

Coming from someone who just claimed that the Daily Mirror is own by Murdoch, I would think you might want to be a tad more careful about your accusations of others.

Fool.

STOP BITCHING.....no crazee assumptions,just HARD COLD FACT...something you repubs wouldn't know about,now would you,even if it slapped you in the eye.:razz:
Does the American left think it can eliminate FOX news by making crazy assumptions about a UK tabloid? Bring it on. Lock up every sleazy UK operative who evesdropped on innocent people's phone calls but while you are at it you might want to research the democrat party operatives who intercepted Newt Gingrich's cell phone conversations and turned over the tape to a democrat senator.

Democrat operatives hacked Newt Gingrich cell phone conversation in 1996 and turned the tapes over to congressional democrats who released the illegally obtained conversation to the NY Times and the Atlanta Journal. In '08, democrat operatives hacked into Sarah Palin's E-mail account. Does that mean the democrat party is a criminal organization?
I keep asking for a link, but nobody can supply one.

I wonder why.

Here's the deal A-hole. We can argue about agenda and motivation. Why so much concern about a UK tabloid when American political operatives were given a slap on the wrist for doing the same thing to the Speaker of the House?

It's not just a UK tabloid, dope. Don't you read? Or are you just spending your time here, spouting and spewing?

It has now spread to Murdoch's other papers, The Sun and the Sunday Times. And, as another thread states, they were hacking 9/11 victims' families phones, also. So that brings it home to the U.S.

The 9/11 victims' families were British, not American. So, no, it is jack shit to do with the US.

And.... that particular allegation about The Sun.... The Sun have a sworn affidavit from the person who gave them the story. It was not obtained by a phone hack.
No, moron. They tried to hack phones belonging to families of 9/11 victims in the U.S.

You do know that 9/11 happened in the U.S., not Britain, correct?

The pair chatted behind closed doors as a former New York cop made the 9/11 hacking claim. He alleged he was contacted by News of the World journalists who said they would pay him to retrieve the private phone records of the dead.

Now working as a private *investigator, the ex-officer claimed reporters wanted the victim’s phone numbers and details of the calls they had made and received in the days leading up to the atrocity.

A source said: “This investigator is used by a lot of journalists in America and he recently told me that he was asked to hack into the 9/11 victims’ private phone data. He said that the journalists asked him to access records showing the calls that had been made to and from the mobile phones belonging to the victims and their *relatives.

“His presumption was that they wanted the information so they could hack into the *relevant voicemails, just like it has been shown they have done in the UK. The PI said he had to turn the job down. He knew how insensitive such research would be, and how bad it would look.

How would a NY cop be of help with British victims' families?

Hilarious. The media hacked Newts phone, I could find no mention of Democrats.

Some young Tennessee college student hacked Sarah Palin's phone, again no mention of Democrats.

At least when I say Republicans want to get rid of Medicare or a Republican leader says "Poor people are like animals, feed them and they'll BREED", I prove it. I don't just "assume".

"The media"? What media? Who exactly hacked it?
Ask whitehall - he's the one who can't produce a link.

No, moron. They tried to hack phones belonging to families of 9/11 victims in the U.S.

The pair chatted behind closed doors as a former New York cop made the 9/11 hacking claim. He alleged he was contacted by News of the World journalists who said they would pay him to retrieve the private phone records of the dead.

Now working as a private *investigator, the ex-officer claimed reporters wanted the victim’s phone numbers and details of the calls they had made and received in the days leading up to the atrocity.

A source said: “This investigator is used by a lot of journalists in America and he recently told me that he was asked to hack into the 9/11 victims’ private phone data. He said that the journalists asked him to access records showing the calls that had been made to and from the mobile phones belonging to the victims and their *relatives.

“His presumption was that they wanted the information so they could hack into the *relevant voicemails, just like it has been shown they have done in the UK. The PI said he had to turn the job down. He knew how insensitive such research would be, and how bad it would look.

I'm aware of where it happened.

I'm also aware that the victims' families that the media were planning to hound were British. Not all the dead were American, you are aware of that, right?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- News Corp. -- Rupert Murdoch's media conglomerate -- ended its bid to purchase British Sky Broadcasting, following days of intense pressure from the British public and politicians over the growing British phone hacking scandal.

In a regulatory filing with the London Stock Exchange, News Corp. (NWSA, Fortune 500) said that while "the proposed acquisition of BSkyB by News Corporation would benefit both companies ... it has become clear that it is too difficult to progress in this climate."

Politicians on both sides of the British ideologicial spectrum have been calling for Murdoch to drop the bid, but the pressure reached its apex earlier Wednesday when British Prime Minister David Cameron announced he was opposed to News Corp's purchase of BSkyB.

Shares of News Corp. rose 2% on the news it was ending its bid, but shares have fallen more than 10% in the past five days.

News Corp drops bid for BSkyB - Jul. 13, 2011

I'm also aware that the victims' families that the media were planning to hound were British. Not all the dead were American, you are aware of that, right?
Not all British. How would a NY cop be of assistance with families in Britain?

Not all British. How would a NY cop be of assistance with families in Britain?

Because he could get hold of the mobile numbers of the British victims.

There is no evidence to suggest that the British press were interested in any other victims other than British ones. None. Nada. Zip.

In fact, there is no hard evidence of very much at all. Nine journalists have been arrested, most have been bailed pending further investigation. The majority of stuff that is running in the media is speculation.... it is never wise to take it too seriously until there is some substance to back it up.

For example, hacking someone's voicemail is illegal in the UK, but blagging (ie journalists gaining information by deception) is not illegal. Nor should it be. That is SOP for most investigative reporters.... and investigative reporters are a good thing.

A report Wednesday in The Wall Street Journal, which is part of News Corp., said that Murdoch has met with advisers over recent weeks to discuss possible options including the sale of the remaining British newspapers — The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times.

The Journal, citing unidentified people familiar with the situation, said there didn't appear to be any buyers given the poor economics of the newspaper division.

Brown accused Murdoch's papers, including The Sun and The Sunday Times, of obtaining his confidential bank accounts, tax records and even health information about his son, Fraser, who suffers from cystic fibrosis, using fraudulent, criminal means. But, the newspaper insisted it learned of the boy's ailment from the father of another child with the same condition, and that it contacted the Browns, who consented to the story.

"We are not aware of Mr. Brown, nor any of his colleagues to whom we spoke, making any complaint about it at the time," The Sun said.

Its coverage included picture of Brown and Murdoch standing together, both grinning.

Senator calls for U.S. probe into Murdoch papers - CBS News

Then why is Jay Rockefeller considering holding hearings about it?

Hmmmmm. Let's see if we can connect these dots:

Rockerfeller

Democrat

News Corp

Right wing

Fox News

Oh, yea.... I see a potential 'why'.... because the Dems would like to shut Fox down. Not because they've broken any laws, but because they dare to march to their own drum.

And.... isn't Rockerfeller the guy who called the internet 'the number 1 national hazard'. Dude clearly has an issue with free speech. Maybe that's why he wants to shut Fox down.

Just a thought.

And.... isn't Rockerfeller the guy who called the internet 'the number 1 national hazard'. Dude clearly has an issue with free speech. Maybe that's why he wants to shut Fox down.

Just a thought.

As usual, a misleading thought, since he was talking about national security. If a Rep had said it, you'd be defending them with your dying breath, IMHO. :doubt:

Just a thought.

As usual, a misleading thought, since he was talking about national security. If a Rep had said it, you'd be defending them with your dying breath, IMHO. :doubt:

Your opinion and a dime is worth 10 cents. I would criticize any politician how seeks to silence anyone. Just because you're a hack, doesn't mean we all are.... I'm not even a fucking republican... I rate them about as the same as Dems.... all fucking crap.

Forum List

Back