Newest GOP Tactic: Lose your house, lose your vote.

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Michigan Messenger Lose your house, lose your vote

Michigan Republicans plan to foreclose African American voters

The chairman of the Republican Party in Macomb County Michigan, a key swing county in a key swing state, is planning to use a list of foreclosed homes to block people from voting in the upcoming election as part of the state GOP’s effort to challenge some voters on Election Day.

“We will have a list of foreclosed homes and will make sure people aren’t voting from those addresses,” party chairman James Carabelli told Michigan Messenger in a telephone interview earlier this week. He said the local party wanted to make sure that proper electoral procedures were followed.

State election rules allow parties to assign “election challengers” to polls to monitor the election. In addition to observing the poll workers, these volunteers can challenge the eligibility of any voter provided they “have a good reason to believe” that the person is not eligible to vote. One allowable reason is that the person is not a “true resident of the city or township.”

The Michigan Republicans’ planned use of foreclosure lists is apparently an attempt to challenge ineligible voters as not being “true residents.”

One expert questioned the legality of the tactic.

Notice I say GOP tactic because you don't see the Democrats doing this.

That is because the Dems actually do better when more people vote.

The ID laws in states are also doing just what the studies suggested they would do, knocking poor people off the voting roles.

The Republican party was caught and punished for vote fraud like this twice back in the eighties.

That is because the Dems actually do better when more people vote.

The ID laws in states are also doing just what the studies suggested they would do, knocking poor people off the voting roles.

The Republican party was caught and punished for vote fraud like this twice back in the eighties.

Exactly my point.

And whom do poor people usually vote for? Democrats.

Caging list - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the Washington Post: "In 1981, the Republican National Committee sent letters to predominantly black neighborhoods in New Jersey, and when 45,000 letters were returned as undeliverable, the committee compiled a challenge list to remove those voters from the rolls. The RNC sent off-duty law enforcement officials to the polls and hung posters in heavily black neighborhoods warning that violating election laws is a crime." Republicans however, denied that black voters were the target. An attorney for the RNC, Bobby Burchfield, stated that "troubling reports" of fictitious names such as Mary Poppins were appearing on Ohio's rolls and that is what prompted the challenges.

The Washington Post[11]: "In 1986, the RNC tried to have 31,000 voters, most of them black, removed from the rolls in Louisiana when a party mailer was returned. The consent decrees that resulted prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that target minorities or conduct mail campaigns to 'compile voter challenge lists.'" The Republican National Committee reportedly stopped the practice following the consent decree in the 1986 case

disgusting!

why isn't this major news while lipstick on a pig is?

Probably the same reason that Diebold and other disgusting tactics aren't talked about.

Because it's the truth, and in this case the GOP doesn't want you, me, or anyone else to know it. They will probably pay or threaten to keep such things off the major news medias.

Focus on the BS, not the issues.

The only reason we are getting as much real information as we do now if the internet.

Those series of tubes have given us a chance to save this country.

The only reason we are getting as much real information as we do now if the internet.

Those series of tubes have given us a chance to save this country.

It's amazing what a couple of minutes on the internet will find you compared to watching any of the corporate news media channels for a few hours.

You'll find more in those few minutes on the internet.

In the lead up to the war I would hang on the internet discussing politics and listening to the news at the same time.

I was gobsmacked at the verifiable stories I was finding on the internet and how the MSM would never touch them.

I cancelled all my political mags and to this day I only trust them as far as I can throw the TV.

Olberman was the ONLY person reporting all the news.

You mean people who don't reside in a voting precinct won't be allowed to vote there?

THE BASTARDS!

I bet their next evil scheme is to keep felons from voting.

news: Van Hollen's lawsuit will muck up election, voting officials say

The GOP slime tactics continue!

State Democratic Chairman Joe Wineke said Van Hollen is "trying to distract and deny voters with fear-mongering."

"This ploy by the Republican attorney general is nothing more than a waste of taxpayer dollars and a cynical attempt to disenfranchise eligible voters less than two months before the November election," he said in a press release.

The Progressive group One Wisconsin Now called on Van Hollen to recuse himself from any legal action connected to the general election because his role as GOP presidential candidate John McCain's statewide campaign co-chair constitutes a clear conflict of interest.

"McCain talks about country first," said Scot Ross, the group's executive director. "Van Hollen practices party first."

Don't vote or I'll neg rep you ! :D

Well I can't vote since I won't be old enough.

Then again, if dead people can vote then surely I can. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously though, you don't see anything wrong with any of this Dillo?

Well I can't vote since I won't be old enough.

Then again, if dead people can vote then surely I can. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously though, you don't see anything wrong with any of this Dillo?

you bet I do----if you would take a step back and see how fucked up BOTH parties are you would really flip out but you are already trapped in the my side-your side pissing up a rope game.

you bet I do----if you would take a step back and see how fucked up BOTH parties are you would really flip out but you are already trapped in the my side-your side pissing up a rope game.

I know how messed up both parties are. The GOP is more messed up then the Democrats though.

Forum List

Back