Newest GOP Tactic: Lose your house, lose your vote.

You mean *Gasp* Republicans are obeying the law and not letting people who dont live in the precinct vote? The nerve of them!

Everyone should be allowed to vote where they used to live and where they live now. Two votes a person!

Does this apply to my mom...........She owns a house in one city, her mailing address is my home (across the street), she's registered to vote in the district in which she owns her home and it's the same district she receives mail, but she lives in an assisted living center in the next city (across the river). I usually bring her back to her district to vote, where her voter card, telephone book address, tax info and house are located.

She's mentally competent but physically unable to live alone.

Would she be disqualified under the rules previously outlined? The assisted living centers in her town were all filled up at the time she moved in.

If the Repub's sent a flyer I would probably trash it as junk mail, since she's a registered Democrat.

Last edited:
It reminds me of the days of literacy tests and grandfather clauses(note heavy, heavy sarcasm). What party was that again?

Hypocrits.

Last edited:

How 'bout common knowledge of history. The Democrats were the majority party in the South. Blacks voted Republican until 1965 when Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act into. They switched parties despite the fact that Robert Byrd(a prominent Democrat and still is in the Senate.) All this information is contained in what we like to call books. Not everything is electronic, but give me a little time and I'll find ya something. ;)

Degree in what?

And your telling me every single racist Politican in the south that tried to prevent Blacks from voting was Democrat?

B.A. in History from the University of Alabama. emphasis was in the Old South and Early American Colonialism.

I didn't say all, the Majority. The Democrats were the ruling party in the South throughout Jim Crow. And what didyou learn in Civics? The majority rules.

PBS unbiased enough for for you. Note the part about the Democratic Party being the "White Man's Party."

The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow. Jim Crow Stories . Democratic Party | PBS

Class Dismissed junior.

For the record, I understand what the Democrats did in the South to prevent Blacks who supported Republicans to vote.

Like for example, MLK was a Republican. The people who MLK fought during the Civil Rights Movements were Democrats.

However, to sit there and say that it was all Democrats were racist is being plain ignorant.

B.A. in History from the University of Alabama. emphasis was in the Old South and Early American Colonialism.

I didn't say all, the Majority. The Democrats were the ruling party in the South throughout Jim Crow. And what didyou learn in Civics? The majority rules.

PBS unbiased enough for for you. Note the part about the Democratic Party being the "White Man's Party."

The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow. Jim Crow Stories . Democratic Party | PBS

Class Dismissed junior.

No class dismissed junior here.

I said ALL, you said Majority. Big difference. We're both right, so there's no need to try and act smug.

For the record, I understand what the Democrats did in the South to prevent Blacks who supported Republicans to vote.

Like for example, MLK was a Republican. The people who MLK fought during the Civil Rights Movements were Democrats.

However, to sit there and say that it was all Democrats were racist is being plain ignorant.

Never said that, but it is a fact that the Democratic Party was the perpetrator of Jim Crow.

Never said that, but it is a fact that the Democratic Party was the perpetrator of Jim Crow.

Look at my last post above. I'm not disagreeing with you.

All the Jim Crow stuff was a dark mark on both this country and the Democratic party forever.

However, the same sort of tactics are being used today. Except by the GOP.

It's like Bizarro world the way the South has gone with Race and Political Parties.

You accused me of saying all democratics, when I said no such thing. I implied the party.

Well I figured when you implied the party, you meant everyone within it.

My mistake if you didn't mean that.

Look at my post above though.

Look at my last post above. I'm not disagreeing with you.

All the Jim Crow stuff was a dark mark on both this country and the Democratic party forever.

However, the same sort of tactics are being used today. Except by the GOP.

It's like Bizarro world the way the South has gone with Race and Political Parties.

How is the GOP emplying these tactics? By ensuring that voting laws are followed? Why do you think they have to do that. If you don't know go to Chicago and ask.

How is the GOP emplying these tactics? By ensuring that voting laws are followed? Why do you think they have to do that. If you don't know go to Chicago and ask.

Well I understand that ensuring voting laws to be followed can be tough at times.

However, if you look at all the links, it explains how it's preventing people from voting.

It will make sure supposedly that some people can't vote more then once, but plenty of innocent people will be unable to vote.

Forum List

Back