Newest Double Edged Purchase

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
For maybe a year or more I'd been eyeing a certain axe off and on for sale on Etsy. Well suddenly this handcrafted axe is marked down from $350 to $81, pretty sure it sat too long and the craftsman simply wanted to get rid of it.
It's a "fantasy" Viking double bladed axe.

Viking Axe.jpg

As you can see it has a modern sheath. The axe head itself has some very nice scroll work though the center scroll is off center. Probably another reason for the severe drop in price.
The edges are quite sharp, the head is roughly 8" across with the haft being 18" long and roughly 3 pounds.
I bought it because I think it's cool looking and the price was right, it's gonna be a wall hanger.

For maybe a year or more I'd been eyeing a certain axe off and on for sale on Etsy. Well suddenly this handcrafted axe is marked down from $350 to $81, pretty sure it sat too long and the craftsman simply wanted to get rid of it.

Wow. If all of that was hand-forged and hand-crafted, you denied the guy a living wage?

The sheath alone looks like it may be worth $20. Looks like a good deal to me at $81. Kind of small, though, a throwing axe.

Ever forge steel? Etch it, cut, hand-sew and tool leather? I bet that axe represents a week's hard work. Your $81 dollars will help put people like him out of business and probably barely covered his cost just in the raw materials, electric and gas. Shame on you.
Yeah but the chinaman that made it was only paid $25.00 a day anyway. ;)

The sheath alone looks like it may be worth $20. Looks like a good deal to me at $81. Kind of small, though, a throwing axe.
It's a fantasy axe not a historically accurate axe. Double headed axes were used in the mid to late medieval period but they were small, unadorned weapons typically used from horseback. Larger double headed axes were use on trees and resultant lumber, they were too heavy and unwieldy for use in battle.

Ever forge steel? Etch it, cut, hand-sew and tool leather? I bet that axe represents a week's hard work. Your $81 dollars will help put people like him out of business and probably barely covered his cost just in the raw materials, electric and gas. Shame on you.
Sounds like you found yourself a windmill to tilt at. Knock yourself out. :thup:

It's a "fantasy" Viking double bladed axe.

View attachment 834493

As you can see it has a modern sheath. The axe head itself has some very nice scroll work though the center scroll is off center. Probably another reason for the severe drop in price.
The edges are quite sharp, the head is roughly 8" across with the haft being 18" long and roughly 3 pounds.
I bought it because I think it's cool looking and the price was right, it's gonna be a wall hanger.
Remember, It's kill the men and rape the women!

My favorite is an all-metal Estwing (aside from the rubber grip). It's made for doing real work, not for looking pretty or cosplay.

Forum List

Back