Newbie here, Famous in Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I'm Jingthing.
I decided to take my political stuff over here to a U.S. based forum.
I'm an American that has lived in Thailand for over 10 years and am now considering moving to Colombia or Mexico.
My political background is liberal, center left coastal (east and west), but hardly a coastal elite.
I support full equal civil rights for all minorities, universal health care, and also a strong defense (as opposed to a strong offense).
I support the existence and defense of Israel while opposing the right wing government.
I think "trump" is an existential threat to the future of American democracy. Even though Mueller couldn't prove it because "trump" obstructed justice I think the evidence is clear that "trump" is compromised by Russia.
hard to argue with a liberal who backs up his opinion and feelings toward this country by leaving...the rest of our liberals could learn from you.

Hi there,
I'm Jingthing.
I'm an American that has lived in Thailand for over 10 years and am now considering moving to Colombia or Mexico.
My political background is liberal, center left coastal (east and west), but hardly a coastal elite.
I support full equal civil rights for all minorities, universal health care, and also a strong defense (as opposed to a strong offense).
I support the existence and defense of Israel while opposing the right wing government.
I think "trump" is an existential threat to the future of American democracy. Even though Mueller couldn't prove it because "trump" obstructed justice I think the evidence is clear that "trump" is compromised by Russia.
Welcome to USMB, Jingthing. Hope you enjoy the boards. Be sure your shots are up to date in case you run into some anklebiting. And best wishes to you as you find your way around in this great forum. :thanks:

Hi there,
I'm Jingthing.
hard to argue with a liberal who backs up his opinion and feelings toward this country by leaving...the rest of our liberals could learn from you.
That's the typical redneck knee jerk, emphasis on JERK, reaction to expats.
I didn't leave for political reasons. Most American expats don't leave for political reasons. There are large numbers of veterans living abroad.
Arguably expats are more American than boring stay at homes. We are reminded of being American everyday. We're always asked what is our nationality. We are all to some extent, whether we like or not, kind of AMBASSADORS.
Sadly with the horrific incompetent demagogue in power now in the white house, it has become embarrassing to be an American abroad.
That ridiculous toddler brain has not made American great again. He's made us a laughing stock.

Hi there,
I'm Jingthing.
Welcome to USMB, Jingthing. Hope you enjoy the boards. Be sure your shots are up to date in case you run into some anklebiting. And best wishes to you as you find your way around in this great forum. :thanks:
No worries. I've experienced much worse. No problema.

Hi there,
I'm Jingthing.
You support civil rights for minority’s? You don’t say lol
What about black republicans?
Or whites? Do we get free speech?
Yes of course. Even the most deeply ridiculous and unpopular. We're all Americans. Maybe someday we can become more unified but I'm not holding my breath. If we can evict "trump" in 2020 or sooner it may still take decades to heal the damage that he and his insipid largely racist fans have wrought.

Hi there,
I'm Jingthing.
Might I suggest Venezuela.
You might but it's a very stupid suggestion. I like places where you can live better, not worse.
if you can live better in mexico why are so many of them wanting to be in the US?.....just asking,you said you are considering moving there....
You must be some kind of economics professor. I hope you didn't incur too much student debt to reach your level of genius.

Most of the migrants now are from Central America, not Mexico.

There are many nations "down there" south of the border and there is even a first world one -- Chile.

Mexico has one of the most important economies in the world.

Of course expats won't generally live better in Mexico or many other places if they're working for local level wages. They live better if they're on corporate expat packages or importing incomes (and/or assets) from their home countries.

But of course you knew all that already, right?
Nice deflection on answering why so many Mexicans wanting to be in the US? Typical garden variety liberal answer.
As far as Mexican migrants to the U.S. the answer is obvious. As said before if you work for local wages in Mexico except if you are exceptionally skilled in something, that's usually not going to buy a decent quality of life. So the poorer Mexicans that are coming (but not it's mostly not Mexicans) are usually motivated to work, make money in the stronger dollar currency, send money back home, in some cases to join their circle of close relatives already settled in the U.S. often as citizens. That said there is a strong and growing Mexican middle class which working for local wages manages to live in similar ways to American middle class people. Owning homes, cars, consumer appliances. etc.

That's the typical redneck knee jerk, emphasis on JERK, reaction to expats.
So emphasis, how did ya know I was from NYC?

I didn't leave for political reasons. Most American expats don't leave for political reasons.
the important thing is you left

There are large numbers of veterans living abroad.
Arguably expats are more American than boring stay at homes. We are reminded of being American everyday.

I'm gonna go liberal on your behind here and ask...how is one "more American" for needing to be reminded he/she is American [just a little liberal poke I learned from the left along the way]

We're always asked what is our nationality.
Those dirty rotten scoundrels, our president is trying to do the same thing here.

We are all to some extent, whether we like or not, kind of AMBASSADORS.

Sadly with the horrific incompetent demagogue in power now in the white house, it has become embarrassing to be an American abroad.
Now that's what I call a liberal Ambassador
That ridiculous toddler brain has not made American great again. He's made us a laughing stock.
you know it's possible it's not "us" their laughing at...anyway, what are you famous for?

Last edited:
who let the dogs out...….

2AwUTE.jpg

I think "trump" is an existential threat to the future of American democracy.

did you get that from the washington post online ?Thats a commie line thats been repeated over n ova .Its Not much of a centrist POV

stay in Asia
poor normies like you will not be spared by the PC marxist left
Pray for your country my dear ,

Heres a centrist
Think theyre pushing it a little ?

Math Teacher Loses Job After Defending Western Civilization
by Tyler Durden
Fri, 07/05/2019 - 13:05
A math teacher says she has lost her job at a private school in Southern California for speaking out in defense of Western Civilization - even though she made her comments outside the classroom.
Dr. Karen Siegemund, president of the Los Angeles-based American Freedom Alliance, gave a speech in May at the group’s “Long March Through the Institutions” conference, which “explored the Left’s ongoing multi-decade takeover attempt of numerous public and private institutions to effect a radical transformation of America.”

During her speech, she said “each of us here believes in the unparalleled force for good that is Western Civilization, that is our heritage, whether we were born here or not.”

Shortly thereafter she said she was informed that her teaching contract at Le Lycée Français de Los Angeles, a private K-12 school, would not be renewed.

“It’s kind of shocking, isn’t it,” Siegemund told Mike Huckabee in a recent interview about the experience, noting she has been a teacher for almost 20 years.

“Because of my outside activities, I was told my contract would not be renewed. I praised Western Civilization, and how it’s brought the greatest good to the most number of people, and we are all its beneficiaries, including those not even from here, and that was deemed hostile,” she said.
Huckabee said he thought there might be something more to the story:

“Surely you did not just get fired just because you believe in Western Civilization?”
“No, I did,” she replied.

“I see myself as an educator,” Siegemund added, “and I want all my students to learn critical thinking, to explore, to be skeptical, to value those things that we value, to grow as an individual, that’s always been my stance, which I guess is also problematic. Because there are other teachers who denigrate the president in the classroom, who wear ‘resist’ T-shirts, who promote all kinds of various leftist policies in the classroom — that’s apparently fine — because their contracts have been renewed.”
“I even hesitated to wear anything with an American flag, not hesitated — I did not wear anything with an American flag on it — for fear of that being sort of too subversively patriotic … But I have promoted freedoms and independent thought.”

Apparently the conference might have been the final straw. But Siegemund has launched a GoFundMe page and says she plans to fight the “unfair termination.”

“I am just standing up for what I believe is right,” she told Huckabee.

Her story has resonated with several observers, including on Ricochet and PolitiChicks.

Authored by Jennifer Kabbany via The College Fix,

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...oses-job-after-defending-western-civilization

Derp, living on the other side of the world, you talk as though Donald TRUMP wasn't actually our president here? But you think you have the low down on Trump's guilt, "obstructions" and Russia, all from Thailand? You don't even know that America is a REPUBLIC, Fool, NOT a democracy. Typical leftard fool doesn't know shit.

Hi there,
I'm Jingthing.
Might I suggest Venezuela.
You might but it's a very stupid suggestion. I like places where you can live better, not worse.
See, these illegals should stay in Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back