New York Times.. their word is Crap Now

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
So, as I see it they make a binding agreement with Trump that their meeting was , "Off the Record"

They leaked information undermining their agreement with Trump.

I hope Trump figures out a way to use this to point just how untrustworthy the left wing media is...

....................................part of link

Then there’s the more significant issue raised by all of this: Having agreed to keep these parts of their discussions with Trump off the record, how can the NYT possibly justify its slinking around in the dark, trying to disclose what Trump said through leaks, insinuations, and winks? It certainly stands to reason that NYT editors who gave Trump their assurance that this portion of the discussion would be off the record subsequently broke their promise: either by telling other NYT editors and reporters who then started gossiping about it, or by directly leaking it to people like Ben Smith.

For purposes of Smith’s article, NYT editors refused to comment on their discussions with Trump, citing the off-the-record agreement, but someonetold people outside the meeting about it or else Smith wouldn’t know about it. The only other possibility — that the Trump campaign leaked it — is extremely unlikely for obvious reasons: It has zero incentive to do so and every incentive not to. And Smith explicitly stated that New York Times reporters and columnists have been talking about Trump’s off-the-record comments for some time, and suggested that a recent Gail Collins column specifically referenced those off-the-record comments.

Regardless of what one thinks of Trump, journalists shouldn’t be promising people to keep their discussions off the record only to then violate that vow through gossip or deliberate disclosures. Doing so is wildly unethical, and is guaranteed to destroy the trust between sources and journalists that is vital to good reporting. That’s true no matter who is the subject of the agreement: even Donald Trump.

The New York Times’ Strange Behavior in the Controversy Over Trump’s Off-the-Record Comments

Last edited:
Any Republican should know better than to trust ANY liberal. They cannot be trusted to keep their word. They are liars and are not bound by moral values. Trump will learn the hard way, hopefully only once.

Any Republican should know better than to trust ANY liberal. They cannot be trusted to keep their word. They are liars and are not bound by moral values. Trump will learn the hard way, hopefully only once.

I've asked this question in another thread, but exactly what "moral values" are you speaking of?

And, more importantly, what belief system exactly are you basing those "moral values" on?

Remember, some factions of Christianity view dancing and drinking as venal sins. Other factions see it as a celebration of God.

Which side are you on?

Ah well. Who pays attention to The New York Slimes anyhow?

I've asked this question in another thread, but exactly what "moral values" are you speaking of?

And, more importantly, what belief system exactly are you basing those "moral values" on?

Remember, some factions of Christianity view dancing and drinking as venal sins. Other factions see it as a celebration of God.

Which side are you on?

ABS That is so absurd it is not even worth answering...good gosh man.

Which side are you on?

So................which side of that are you on? Southern Baptists and Northern Baptists are a good place to start.

Wanna talk about Jack Mormons and regular Mormons? Jack Mormons are allowed to drink coffee and wine.

So, can you define for me what you consider moral?

Which side are you on?

So................which side of that are you on? Southern Baptists and Northern Baptists are a good place to start.

Wanna talk about Jack Mormons and regular Mormons? Jack Mormons are allowed to drink coffee and wine.

Sure I can. You know me well enough to where I don't need to though. ;)

Which side are you on?

Actually, you do. Not everyone on this board knows you as much as you think I do.

Which side are you on?

Actually, you do. Not everyone on this board knows you as much as you think I do.

Enough do. And I don't owe you any answers. Too much to type out anyhow. I will say I am on no SIDE. What an odd way to put it.

Which side are you on?
Wow, talk about desperate. You get the prize on that one.

Which side are you on?

Morals are the principles that a person lives by to decide what is right and wrong. Obviously, some individuals, or in this case the New York Times have no ethics/morals in regards to Trump.

If I make an agreement/promise/contract with you and intentionally break that agreement, most would consider that ethically/morally wrong.

If Hillary was .. Off The Record .. with let's say Fox News and they leaked the information she freely gave them conditionally, would that be unethical/morally wrong to you?

Last edited:
Someone is actually claiming the NYT is "liberal"?

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, ....

That's right, the "We'll gladly push your fake data so you can get your Iraq war, President Bush!" newspaper is secretly liberal. Who knew?

The real lesson we learn here is that the conservative elite are desperate to stop Trump, because they understand what a disaster he's going to be for Republicans.

Which side are you on?

Morals are the principles that a person lives by to decide what is right and wrong. Obviously, some individuals, or in this case the New York Times have no ethics/morals in regards to Trump.

If I make an agreement/promise/contract with you and intentionally break that agreement, most would consider that ethically/morally wrong.

If Hillary was .. Off The Record .. with let's say Fox News and they leaked the information she freely gave them conditionally, would that be unethical/morally wrong to you?

Well, according to what you consider morally wrong, it would be morally wrong for Fox News to leak something she told them off the record with conditions, because that implies some sort of verbal contract, does it not?

Now? The NYT has been predominantly lefty crap for years. Which is why their circulation numbers and ad revenue have been in freefall.

At least we now know the Old Gray Lady's name is...Hillary!

Which side are you on?

He is trying to derail the thread, and by answering his absurd bullshit you are helping him to do that.

Right?

Back on topic, who would ever again trust the New Yahk Times about off the record conversations?

Once Rolling Stone betrayed Petreaus by publishing off the record conversations, it wasnt long before they were reduced to just making shit up for their stories, like the frat rapes in Virginia.

I cant help but hope the same thing happens to the Mexican owned pile of horse shit, the New Yahk Times.

Wow, talk about desperate. You get the prize on that one.
Leftists have no morality other than to take power, maintain power and do whatever it takes to accomplish those first two goals.

They would lie to their own mothers, steal any sum of money from retirees and the impoverished and slaughter uncountable millions across the globe all because they see nothing as true, good or valid and they dont even grasp the concept of honor.

Trump basically got in bed with a dozen vipers.

So, as I see it they make a binding agreement with Trump that their meeting was , "Off the Record"
I'm no fan of Trump, but this is probably the one journalistic rule I thought would never be breached.

Surprising and disappointing. Beyond the pale. If they did this to Bill Clinton, for example, the Left would be screaming from the mountaintops.

I'm no fan of Trump, but this is probably the one journalistic rule I thought would never be breached.

Surprising and disappointing. Beyond the pale. If they did this to Bill Clinton, for example, the Left would be screaming from the mountaintops.
IT's all for the wonderful Workers Utopia that will come just as soon as the Dictatorship of the Proletariate finishes eradicating all capitalism from the Earth.

Yeah, I dont think we will ever see the Utopia either, though there have been a dozen People's Dictatorships.

Forum List

Back