New York Times bombshell story: The World’s Oceans Are in Danger, Major Climate Change Report Warns

i support Warren's green new deal and you should too, my friends!

"By 2028, we're not gonna do any more buildings and houses that have any carbon emissions" "By 2030, no more cars with carbon emissions." "By 2035, no more production of electricity that has carbon emissions"
By 2042 the population of the earth will be cut in half as people kill each other for scraps due to the eco green environmentalists mandates. But emissions will be cut.

NYT is pay-walled.

Give me the short of it.

What are the oceans in danger of?

The world's oceans are warming at an alarming rate, melting glaciers, depleting fish populations, supercharging tropical cyclones, and threatening the livelihoods of millions of people who live in coastal areas and the Arctic, according to a new report from the United Nations' body in charge of monitoring climate change.

Which is a fake news. The oceans are warming at a steady rate just as they should. The last ice age was 12,000 years ago. The planet has been warming up ever since. It’s all perfectly normal, temps will continue to rise until the next ice age.

Regressives just want to use it to scare people into giving them political power.

First of all, sea temps are now measured fairly well with a buoy system. Although the coverage of the oceans is much less than stellar. Secondly we have no past data to compare it to, unless you consider some occasional guy dipping a bucket off of the side of a ship in a shipping lane to be comprehensive data. So we have no idea if recent warming is unusual or not.

The other thing people point to is acidity. Those claims are even more suspect. I've just had this argument in a thread on the environment forum. I'll repost what I posted there...

1. Here's a link explaining the cherry picking of acidification data.

Evidence discovered that 'ocean acidification' scare may be as fraudulent as 'global warming'

Here are the charts showing the cherry picking. Although cherry picking isn't quite strong enough.

co2_time_series_aloha_06-11-2019_med.jpg

Note that the ph data starts in 1989.

Here's another chart utilized by the same scientists, Note that this one charts ph going back to 1850, even though there is data only back to 1910. The people involved have admitted that on the chart below the data before 1989 is from a model. Of course they didn't tell anyone they used a model until after being called on it.

Here's a link of the scientist using this chart in official publications.

https://www.pmel.noaa.gov/pubs/PDF/feel2899/feel2899.pdf

th

Here's the data going back to 1910 that I posted earlier. This is from actual data with the above modelled data in pink.

mwacompilationofglobalocean_phjan82014.jpg

2. There are serious issues with the oceans, CO2 isn't one of them.

The other night, I was watching a news story on coral reefs that are dying in the Florida Keys, one of the main ones affected was the staghorn coral.

Now, back in 1992, when I was stationed with VFA-131 Wildcats, we went on a 2 week detachment to Key West, and one of the main activities I did there was a lot of snorkeling and chasing lobsters. When I see what it is now, compared to what it was back in 1992, I can tell you that it has DRASTICALLY changed.

Same thing with the Great Barrier Reef. Yes, we need to pay attention to what is going on and figure out a way to stop it, or we won't be long for this planet.
I can't speak to Florida but a lot of evidence has been coming out that the death of the Great Barrier reef has been exaggerated, to say the least. Here's a good article written by someone who's been studying the GBR for 30 years...

Peter Ridd: Crying Wolf Over The Great Barrier Reef - The Global Warming Policy Forum (GWPF)

"The problem here is that the world has been completely mislead by scientists about the affect of bleaching and rarely mention the spectacular regrowth that occurs. For example, the 2016 bleaching event supposedly killed either 95%, 50% or 30% of the reef depending upon which headline and scientist you want to believe. But the scientists only looked at very shallow water coral – less than 2 meters below the surface which is only a small fraction of all the coral, but by far the most susceptible to getting hot in the tropical sun. A recent study found that the deep water coral (down to over 40 m) got far less bleaching as one would expect. I estimate that less than 8% of the GBR coral actually died. That might still sound like a lot, but considering that there was a 250% INCREASE in coral between 2011 and 2016 for the entire Southern Zone of the GBR, an 8% decrease is nothing to worry about. Coral recovers fast.

But this is just the tip of the exaggeration iceberg. Some very eminent scientists claim that bleaching never happened before the 1980’s and is entirely a man-made phenomenon. This was always a ridiculous proposition. A recent study of 400-year-old corals has found that bleaching has always occurred and is no more common now than in the past. Scientist have also claimed that there has been a 15% reduction in the growth rate of corals. However, some colleagues and I demonstrated that there were serious errors in their work and that if anything there has been a slight increase in coral growth rate over the last 100 years. This is what one would expect in a gently warming climate. Corals grow up to twice as fast in the hotter water of Papua New Guinea and the northern GBR than in the southern GBR. I could go on with many more examples."

i support Warren's green new deal and you should too, my friends!

"By 2028, we're not gonna do any more buildings and houses that have any carbon emissions" "By 2030, no more cars with carbon emissions." "By 2035, no more production of electricity that has carbon emissions"
By 2042 the population of the earth will be cut in half as people kill each other for scraps due to the eco green environmentalists mandates. But emissions will be cut.

Ancient lore has it the earth was destroyed four times

Fifth World (Native American mythology) - Wikipedia

i wonder how their deniers handled it....

~S~

china spends 8 percent of its GDP on infrastructure. we should do the same.

and we should spend the entire rest of the treasury on the green new deal, my friends,

China builds a coal powered electric power plant a week. Guess who produces the overwhelming majority of pollution in the world?

Not one of the "green" solutions deals with those who are actually polluting. The solutions all involve impoverishment of the middle class. And returning people to serfdom.

You should ask yourself why.

Lyin Ted Cruz said that denying climate change made him like Galileo. but Galileo believed the earth revolves around the sun. Ted Cruz believes the earth revolves around Ted Cruz!

Prince Harry can’t get out of his bed because he’s so anxious about climate change

same here, Harry, same here

If another country came in here, blew up our mountains and poisoned our water, we’d go to war. But industry can

this is the 6th mass extinction my friends!

45 percent of insects lost to climate change, 60 percent of all animals disappeared in the last 50 years. it reminds me of an hourglass rapidly running out of sand!

The other night, I was watching a news story on coral reefs that are dying in the Florida Keys, one of the main ones affected was the staghorn coral.

Now, back in 1992, when I was stationed with VFA-131 Wildcats, we went on a 2 week detachment to Key West, and one of the main activities I did there was a lot of snorkeling and chasing lobsters. When I see what it is now, compared to what it was back in 1992, I can tell you that it has DRASTICALLY changed.

Same thing with the Great Barrier Reef. Yes, we need to pay attention to what is going on and figure out a way to stop it, or we won't be long for this planet.

I started snorkeling in Maui in the 1980s.

At that time the ocean had tons of bright coral and fish.

Now the same place has nothing but gray dead coral and very few fish.

It was very shocking the first time I saw the dead coral. It's only gotten worse. Now, you have to swim very far out into the ocean to see any live coral and fish in several places. Especially my two favorite places. By Blackrock and Honolua Bay.

Forum List

Back