NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS for 2011here at USMB

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
Hey. We freaking start the Christmas celebrations nowadays before Halloween in some places. So, since we are in December, I figured it's ok to start the New Year's Resolution thread before Christmas.

So here it goes. It comes in TWO Parts

Part One:
What New Year's Resolution SHOULD you make for this upcoming year (if you had a gun to your head and were compelled to make Resolutions, that is, even if you normally don't follow that tradition)?

Part Two:
Pick any other USMB regular and tell us, What New Year's Resolution would you make for THAT member for this upcoming year? Bonus points for a good "why."

Last edited:
If one is really serious about a New Year's resolution, they start it now.

Now is all there really is.

Being serious about it is beside the point of this particular thread.

It's just a conditional/hypothetical statement. IF you were serious about it, what would your New Year's Resolution be for 2011?

I'm not very serious about it. I rarely bother making any.

I guess, gun to my head, if I had to make one for 2011 (regarding USMB), it would be to post here a lot less, but when I do post (except to razz some idiots who buy into the troofer crap), maybe take the time to be a bit more academic about citing sources and giving links.

Regarding my actual life in the real world, it would probably be to be a better parent. It doesn't come instinctively. So, I'd commit to making a better effort at thinking through all the stuff that has to be addressed.

Part 2:

I think I'd pick a troofer. I find Christophera to be massively in need of an adjustment, for example. My Resolution for him would be to get him psychiatric help. As for "why," if you read his troofer posts (which I don't recommend you bother doing), you'd see that he's pretty much certifiable. The boy has no clue.

Part One:
What New Year's Resolution SHOULD you make for this upcoming year (if you had a gun to your head and were compelled to make Resolutions, that is, even if you normally don't follow that tradition)?

Sit-ups.

Part Two:
Pick any other USMB regular and tell us, What New Year's Resolution would you make for THAT member for this upcoming year? Bonus points for a good "why."

Mr. Shaman to stop center-justifying his text.

I desperately want to get my garage organized.

I guess I'll go with xotoxi on part II.

1) Finally make good on my promise to my wife. She understands that I have business interests in the UK, interests that, thank God, are starting to pay off, but she needs to go back home to America more often. Two weeks every year just isn't enough. She likes living in Europe, but south London isn't the Appalachians, and she needs to see more of her family. I want, and after looking at my accounts it looks realistic, for us to spend three weeks at her parents' farm in the US during the spring, and another 3 weeks in the autumn/fall.

2) Get xotoxi and Jeremy new joke books. I should think that the reason "why" is obvious.

About 10 years ago I finally started keeping my news years resoloution.
I made a resoloution to make no more resoloutions.

She likes living in Europe, but south London isn't the Appalachians...

Right-you-are-old-chap.jpg

:eusa_eh: Well this thread went down fast!

My resolution: To write a screenplay that will get turned into a movie

Resolution for USMB'ers:

Jake Starkey, to read the copy of "Blacklisted" that I will send him. Why? Becauces he has yet to publish a single quote from it.

Old Rocks: 2 10 gallon fish tanks, 2 thermometers, a hypodermic syringe, Saran wrap and a cup of dry ice. Why? So he can finally conduct a realists experiments showing the (non) effect of adding 200PPM of CO2 to an atmosphere

Liability & Oddball: Peace, happiness, success, fun and whatever you hear desires. Why? Because we've shared the same brain since I met you.

Gunny and the USMB staff: To publish a book of PM's you've received from posters. Why? Because it has to be some of the funnies stuff on the planet

I'll second that PM stuff being the funniest thing on the planet.

Who knew so many grown men could cry like little babies about the most stupid stuff that doesn't matter in real life!

OK, in real life I'm going to try to save more money for Mini Echo's College Fund

On here, not pick on the *trolls so much.

*just kidding, that's what makes this place so fun.

My resolution: To write a screenplay that will get turned into a movie

Resolution for USMB'ers:

Jake Starkey, to read the copy of "Blacklisted" that I will send him. Why? Becauces he has yet to publish a single quote from it.

Old Rocks: 2 10 gallon fish tanks, 2 thermometers, a hypodermic syringe, Saran wrap and a cup of dry ice. Why? So he can finally conduct a realists experiments showing the (non) effect of adding 200PPM of CO2 to an atmosphere

Liability & Oddball: Peace, happiness, success, fun and whatever you hear desires. Why? Because we've shared the same brain since I met you.

Gunny and the USMB staff: To publish a book of PM's you've received from posters. Why? Because it has to be some of the funnies stuff on the planet

Frank. Did I ever tell you that your avatar annoys the snot out of me?

Forum List

Back