New Report: 93 Million will Lose Insurance by the End of Next Year.

I lost my health insurance asshole. Mid level Obamacare for me in 2021 was over $1,000 a month. It is now over $1,100 a month. I finally qualified for the subsidy for next year because I hit the subsidy window. In Florida it is $14,580 to 22,000 a year income. For a number of years I made way too much money for any kind of subsidy. I took Social Security early and retired so I could hit the subsidy. My cost is now a little less than $60.00 a month.

And btw....thank you and the other moronic Dims who wanted this shit paying the over $1,000 a month in taxes for my health insurance that I don't have to pay. Now GFYS. :D
That sounds about what I pay with my employer health insurance per month. I would say a significant portion of my paycheck goes to paying for health insurance.

I am not saying I don't find fault with Obamacare, I do... however I think we are a lot better off now then we were before Obamacare. I think it is a step in the right direction.

Truly what we really need is what Bernie Sanders was advocating Medicare for All.

Last edited:
That sounds about what I pay with my employer health insurance per month. I would say a significant portion of my paycheck goes to paying for health insurance.

I am not saying I don't find fault with Obamacare, I do... however I think we are a lot better off now then we were before Obamacare. I think it is a step in the right direction.

Truly what we really need is what Bernie Sanders was advocating Medicare for All.

Virginia is trying to slip loose from Obamacare a bit by creating its own marketplace. I understand that people saying on the same policies are paying a little less but I have also been told that a lot of people who signed up to stay on the same policy are now being told that policy is cancelled January 1 when the new marketplace goes into effect. Seems to be some sort of snafu in the transition that the state is saying "Hey No Problem" and Insurers are saying WTF no policy come 1/1/24

The Forbes article is very, very misleading. Actually, it is jumping to a completely false conclusion.

I want you to pay very close attention to where they put their quote marks:

Here is the full paragraph which they lifted out of context:

Not only that, it says nothing about a plan that has lost its grandfather status as being necessariliy cancelled.

The words "cancelled" or "cancel" appear nowhere in the Register.

The "assumption" they are talking about is that they extrapolated data from 2008-2009, which just happened to be when our economy was CRASHING in a big way. They took employer behavior during that period and extrapolated it out through 2013.

That is quite an "assumption."

And Forbes is assuming an employer health plan which loses its grandfather status will automatically be cancelled. That's bullshit. Employer insurance plans are required to meet certain standards for their employees, or else they pay a fine.

Here is how an employer plan loses its grandfather status, and thus may be subject to a fine if they do not meet the minimum requirements of affordability:

Doing any of these things causes the grandfather status to be revoked. However, that does not mean an employer insurance policy is going to be cancelled.

An insurance company may not be providing the minimum requirement of affordability, but if it is grandfathered, it is exempted from the fines. But if the employer makes any changes to their plan that meet the parameters described above, then they lose their grandfather protections and become subject to a fine if they do not meet the minimum affordability requirements.

A company may make big changes to its plan, and thus lose its grandfather status, but still meet the minimum affordability requirements.

Shrieking that 93 million people are going to lose their insurance is incredibly irresponsible journalism.
It didn’t happen then and it’s not happening now

Forum List

Back