New NY gun law, did you notice.........

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
Under previous laws pistol magazines were limited to 10 rounds, did you notice the new NY law reduces that to 7 rounds? You know why they did that, the new law requires anyone who posses a weapon that conformed to previous laws will now have to register those weapons, and reducing the magazine count casts a much wider net for registration. I doubt this law will withstand a court challenge but they want to know everyone that has a gun.

A magazine is a box with a spring in it. Right now people are making them at the kitchen tables and garage work benches all over the state.

Under previous laws pistol magazines were limited to 10 rounds, did you notice the new NY law reduces that to 7 rounds? You know why they did that, the new law requires anyone who posses a weapon that conformed to previous laws will now have to register those weapons, and reducing the magazine count casts a much wider net for registration. I doubt this law will withstand a court challenge but they want to know everyone that has a gun.

IN NYC all legal are Individually Registered. What would be interesting is seeing All Police Officers, Federal, State, and Local, forced to comply with the Regulations they impose on the Free People, of NY. ...... Wait, we aren't exactly free now are we. In spite of the Grand Illusion, I think All Law Enforcement should be limited to Fire Arms with 7 round capacity. Further, Politicians should all give up the Special Privilege of Armed Security. After all, it is so much safer here now. So I hear, anyway. From the Governor, to the Mayor of NYC, an example needs to be set.

Like you. You obviously need someone to guide you and lead you, in most aspects of daily life, from hygiene to, how to dress, prepare meals, chew before you swallow. ;) Do us a favor and leave us out of it. You may find comfort in having the important decisions in your life made for you, but not all of us feel about things the way you do. Just a thought. :)

Like you. You obviously need someone to guide you and lead you, in most aspects of daily life, from hygiene to, how to dress, prepare meals, chew before you swallow. ;) Do us a favor and leave us out of it. You may find comfort in having the important decisions in your life made for you, but not all of us feel about things the way you do. Just a thought. :)

Duh, it's called democracy... State your objections at the ballot box...

Like you. You obviously need someone to guide you and lead you, in most aspects of daily life, from hygiene to, how to dress, prepare meals, chew before you swallow. ;) Do us a favor and leave us out of it. You may find comfort in having the important decisions in your life made for you, but not all of feel about things the way you do. Just a thought. :)

There is never enough govt for him. I'll bet his native cousins didn't care too much for govt.

IN NYC all legal are Individually Registered. What would be interesting is seeing All Police Officers, Federal, State, and Local, forced to comply with the Regulations they impose on the Free People, of NY. ...... Wait, we aren't exactly free now are we. In spite of the Grand Illusion, I think All Law Enforcement should be limited to Fire Arms with 7 round capacity. Further, Politicians should all give up the Special Privilege of Armed Security. After all, it is so much safer here now. So I hear, anyway. From the Governor, to the Mayor of NYC, an example needs to be set.

Now this expost facto law will require the whole state to register weapons that complied with existing law, with the exception of most revolvers. I don't know any semi auto pistol that is produced with a 7 round magazine, which will effectively ban new sales.

Like you. You obviously need someone to guide you and lead you, in most aspects of daily life, from hygiene to, how to dress, prepare meals, chew before you swallow. ;) Do us a favor and leave us out of it. You may find comfort in having the important decisions in your life made for you, but not all of feel about things the way you do. Just a thought. :)

The Constitution is not amendable by referendum.

In addition to outlawing a broader array of military-style weapons, the measure restricts ammunition magazines to seven rounds, down from the current 10, creates a more comprehensive database of people barred from owning guns, and makes New York the first state to require background checks to buy bullets. The system will also help flag customers who buy large amounts of ammo.

New York State Gun Laws The First In Country Since Sandy Hook Elementary Shooting In Newtown

Assuming this applies to both rifles and handguns, one can not newly acquire an M1, and current owners have a year to register their examples.

Interesting, in New York a classic battle rifle is now an ‘assault weapon.’

Revolvers and bolt action rifles are good to go, as the latter usually have a capacity of 5 + 1 rounds.

Otherwise the New York law is a ‘good’ law, in that is will indeed provoke a court challenge, where it might eventually get to the Supreme Court.

This could finally result in specific criteria as to what constitutes a weapon considered ‘dangerous and unusual’ and one ‘in common use at the time,’ providing guidance to lawmakers as how to constitutionally proceed with firearms regulation.

I predict that The next "Sandy Hook Elementary School" massacre will occur in New York.

Scumbag extraordinaire Andrew Cuomo will then promptly move the NY legislature to adopt "responsible" legislation . The same will require the amputation of the index fingers of all male new Yorkers.

In addition to outlawing a broader array of military-style weapons, the measure restricts ammunition magazines to seven rounds, down from the current 10, creates a more comprehensive database of people barred from owning guns, and makes New York the first state to require background checks to buy bullets. The system will also help flag customers who buy large amounts of ammo.

New York State Gun Laws The First In Country Since Sandy Hook Elementary Shooting In Newtown

Assuming this applies to both rifles and handguns, one can not newly acquire an M1, and current owners have a year to register their examples.

Interesting, in New York a classic battle rifle is now an ‘assault weapon.’

Revolvers and bolt action rifles are good to go, as the latter usually have a capacity of 5 + 1 rounds.

Otherwise the New York law is a ‘good’ law, in that is will indeed provoke a court challenge, where it might eventually get to the Supreme Court.

This could finally result in specific criteria as to what constitutes a weapon considered ‘dangerous and unusual’ and one ‘in common use at the time,’ providing guidance to lawmakers as how to constitutionally proceed with firearms regulation.

Common use can not be the standard, technological advances can't automatically rule out ownership by the people. The 2nd Amendment is about maintaining a free state and giving the people the ability to do so by revolt if necessary. Using these 2nd Amendment principles, there are no interest the state could have that would be more compelling than the interest of the people. This is what should be argued before the courts, nothing else.

Last edited:

Now this expost facto law will require the whole state to register weapons that complied with existing law, with the exception of most revolvers. I don't know any semi auto pistol that is produced with a 7 round magazine, which will effectively ban new sales.

I've got a Ruger LCP .380, it has a 6 round clip. Bought it for the wife, who loves it.

There is never enough govt for him. I'll bet his native cousins didn't care too much for govt.

He's not Native American...he can't spell Lakota right....:lol:

I predict that The next "Sandy Hook Elementary School" massacre will occur in New York.

Scumbag extraordinaire Andrew Cuomo will then promptly move the NY legislature to adopt "responsible" legislation . The same will require the amputation of the index fingers of all male new Yorkers.

According to the news report, people who now own weapons on the banned list will be allowed to keep them... but will have to register them within the next year...

so, boys and girls... guess what happens after the next random shooting a few years from now...?

He's not Native American...he can't spell Lakota right....:lol:

the spelling ain't the problem...

it's the stuff between his ears (or lack thereof) that's the problem... :)

How about the ammo box?

I've got a Ruger LCP .380, it has a 6 round clip. Bought it for the wife, who loves it.

Well, now I know of one, but why would you give your wife a pop gun, but I guess it's better than nothing. My wife uses a Para Ordnance 45. But the main thing is they are confident with them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back