New NY gun law, did you notice.........

Like you. You obviously need someone to guide you and lead you, in most aspects of daily life, from hygiene to, how to dress, prepare meals, chew before you swallow. ;) Do us a favor and leave us out of it. You may find comfort in having the important decisions in your life made for you, but not all of us feel about things the way you do. Just a thought. :)

Duh, it's called democracy... State your objections at the ballot box...

actually it's not a democracy, it's a republic. At least get your facts straight......

Under previous laws pistol magazines were limited to 10 rounds, did you notice the new NY law reduces that to 7 rounds? You know why they did that, the new law requires anyone who posses a weapon that conformed to previous laws will now have to register those weapons, and reducing the magazine count casts a much wider net for registration. I doubt this law will withstand a court challenge but they want to know everyone that has a gun.

along with 90 % of the population

Link, I'd like to see proof of that statement. Or are you demonstrating again that truth really doesn't matter? To you anyways.

Common use can not be the standard, technological advances can't automatically rule out ownership by the people. The 2nd Amendment is about maintaining a free state and giving the people the ability to do so by revolt if necessary. Using these 2nd Amendment principles, there are no interest the state could have that would be more compelling than the interest of the people. This is what should be argued before the courts, nothing else.

People have to be allowed to have whatever weapons they need to revolt against the U.S. government ?????

Yeah ... run with THAT one.

You clearly don't understand the intent of the 2nd Amendment, you might want to educate yourself instead of making foolish statements. So far no one has had the balls to argue the true intent of the 2nd Amendment before the courts, it's time it was done, then we will know if the courts will defend the founding principles as they are sworn to do, or not.

No one has had the balls????
Or no one has fried enough brain cells?

Apparently knowing the "true" intent of the 2nd requires brain damage.

Go ahead and make that argument ... I TRIPLE dog dare you.

You know that "well regulated militia" line.... Who is it that does the regulating????

Last edited:
Regardless if the clip capacity is 7 or 10, my bet is that with a few minutes of practice a person can exchange clips rather quickly, like with the push of a button. It is just one more step toward a total ban.

A magazine is a box with a spring in it. Right now people are making them at the kitchen tables and garage work benches all over the state.
Calls for a lot of skill, experience, and the proper tools to do it right.

You tell me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RurfnOnHm_0]How to mod your pistol magazine and make it a highcap - YouTube[/ame]

Now this expost facto law will require the whole state to register weapons that complied with existing law, with the exception of most revolvers. I don't know any semi auto pistol that is produced with a 7 round magazine, which will effectively ban new sales.

Basically bans guns without actually saying it. Very sneaky, Governor Cuomo. I suspect this is how Obama and the Dumbos will try to do it.

A magazine is a box with a spring in it. Right now people are making them at the kitchen tables and garage work benches all over the state.

You tell me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RurfnOnHm_0]How to mod your pistol magazine and make it a highcap - YouTube[/ame]
This discussion is about firearms, not bb guns. You post a message suggesting it's easy to make pistol magazines when in fact you're talking about modifying the magazine for your bb gun.

How old are you?

Last edited:
So NYers shop in PA to get accessories and ammo. I knnow many hunters in upstate NY. If you actually think these people are going to register their firearms, I can tell you this with certainty.

:lmao:

It's not going to happen, and people will take the risk of skirting these rules and they will be challeneged.

Law breakers are criminals

except if you break into the country illegally then you're knot.

The bigger the clip, the greater the chance of jamming. [...]
So I'm told.

Except for a Ruger Mk-2 target pistol I've never owned an automatic handgun, mainly because I don't care for them. My favorite revolver is the S&W Model 19 (.357 magnum).

And while I've never personally heard of an auto pistol jamming I'm assuming it does happen.

One thing I do wonder about is leaving a fully loaded magazine lay idle for a long time. Will this cause the forcefully collapsed spring to weaken, resulting in a jam when the last few rounds are reached?

Forum List

Back