New Liberal Definitions Of Sexual Violence Just Released

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
Remember when liberals wanted to keep government and conservatives out of people's bedrooms. Hah. We thought they were arguing some kind of principle but now we know they just wanted to get rid of the competition.

The University of Michigan
:

I planned on bolding some of the more stupid aspects of the definition but then realized that I'd have to bold almost the entire statement. To withhold sex is to engage in sexual violence.

Sexual violence

Examples of sexual violence include: discounting the partner's feelings regarding sex; criticizing the partner sexually; touching the partner sexually in inappropriate and uncomfortable ways; withholding sex and affection; always demanding sex; forcing partner to strip as a form of humiliation (maybe in front of children), to witness sexual acts, to participate in uncomfortable sex or sex after an episode of violence, to have sex with other people; and using objects and/or weapons to hurt during sex or threats to back up demands for sex.​

Liberalism is a form of mental illness.

Really? Even when taking that paragraph in context?
Eh..fuck it. Welcome to ignore.

Last edited:
Remember when liberals wanted to keep government and conservatives out of people's bedrooms. Hah. We thought they were arguing some kind of principle but now we know they just wanted to get rid of the competition.

:

I planned on bolding some of the more stupid aspects of the definition but then realized that I'd have to bold almost the entire statement. To withhold sex is to engage in sexual violence.

Sexual violence

Examples of sexual violence include: discounting the partner's feelings regarding sex; criticizing the partner sexually; touching the partner sexually in inappropriate and uncomfortable ways; withholding sex and affection; always demanding sex; forcing partner to strip as a form of humiliation (maybe in front of children), to witness sexual acts, to participate in uncomfortable sex or sex after an episode of violence, to have sex with other people; and using objects and/or weapons to hurt during sex or threats to back up demands for sex.​

All of those are forms of abuse. It may seem trivial from the outside, but they are meant to do harm and further demean your partner. In the context of an abusive relationship, yes those are sexual abuse.

:

Sexual violence

All of those are forms of abuse. It may seem trivial from the outside, but they are meant to do harm and further demean your partner. In the context of an abusive relationship, yes those are sexual abuse.

Lot's of the thing we do in life cause harm to people. When a women rejects a man's advances, she does harm to his ego. When a boss tells an employee that their work is unacceptable, they do harm to the employee's reputation and ego.

When a tired boyfriend refuses to have sex with his college girlfriend he has now committed sexual violence against her, this now counts on the university's sexual violence statistics and unless the incident is investigated and the boyfriend punished for committing sexual violence against women the university will find itself having to answer to the US Dept. of Justice.

When the general public reads about sexual violence statistics on college campuses, they tend to think of violent rapes, women being drugged and raped while unconscious, they're not thinking about an incidence where a boyfriend refused to have sex with is his girlfriend.

:

Sexual violence

Lot's of the thing we do in life cause harm to people. When a women rejects a man's advances, she does harm to his ego. When a boss tells an employee that their work is unacceptable, they do harm to the employee's reputation and ego.

When a tired boyfriend refuses to have sex with his college girlfriend he has now committed sexual violence against her, this now counts on the university's sexual violence statistics and unless the incident is investigated and the boyfriend punished for committing sexual violence against women the university will find itself having to answer to the US Dept. of Justice.

When the general public reads about sexual violence statistics on college campuses, they tend to think of violent rapes, women being drugged and raped while unconscious, they're not thinking about an incidence where a boyfriend refused to have sex with is his girlfriend.

When they talk about withholding sex and affection, they are not talking about a boyfriend not having sex because they are tired. That is simply ridiculous.

:

Sexual violence

When they talk about withholding sex and affection, they are not talking about a boyfriend not having sex because they are tired. That is simply ridiculous.

Did you hit "post reply" too soon? I don't see you providing information on what they are referring to.

If I'm mad at hubby and refuse sex, that is the kind of withholding they are talking about. Hubby may view it as punishment. I view it as I don't have to have sex with a jerk. I would consider it sexual abuse if I had to have sex for any reason when I don't want to do so. It is my choice. People choose to have sex when they don't want to quite often. Quite often, they choose not to when they don't want to. No university administration should be allowed to shrink my brain to manipulate me or guilt me into giving it up. That is ridiculous.

:

Sexual violence

So its okay to you to make a woman to have painful sex when she is not willing?

:

Sexual violence

So its okay to you to make a woman to have painful sex when she is not willing?

If she withholds sex because she is angry at him or disgusted, she breaks those rules. Forced sex (rape) is already illegal and punishable by law, so that clause is meaningless.

The disturbing part of this is that they now want to examine my reasons for refusing and decide if I am punishing my partner somehow. If my partner 'feels' punished or abused by my saying "no," I have abused him? Bullshit. Some people are hyper-sensitive, and some people are vicious and petty. Lots of people (especially college-age activists) will use this as a weapon.

No one has any right to say I cannot say "no" for any reason, especially not to avoid hurting someone's tender feelings.

:

Sexual violence

I bolded the things I disagree with. Perhaps they are the actions of a douchebag, depending upon the circumstances, but that doesn't make them a sexually violent person.

:

Sexual violence

I bolded the things I disagree with. Perhaps they are the actions of a douchebag, depending upon the circumstances, but that doesn't make them a sexually violent person.

To have sex with other people. So if your college boyfriend had sex with another girl then he is committing sexual violence against you and the school needs to punish him?

:

Sexual violence

To have sex with other people. So if your college boyfriend had sex with another girl then he is committing sexual violence against you and the school needs to punish him?

Much of this depends on context.

:

Sexual violence

Part of the cycle of domestic violence is belittling and destroying self esteem. If the abuser tells his wife "sex with you makes me sick", it is abuse. If the abuser forces his partner to perform oral sex when they dislike the act, it is abuse.

Again, context is a huge part of this.

Forum List

Back