New Jersey Dogs In Cars Law

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
dogs_love_car_and_wind_09.jpg

If you get caught with an unrestrained child while driving you can get a $50 fine. If you're caught with an unrestrained pet the fine can be ether $200 or even as high as $1000.

Looks like Bruiser is gonna be stuck in a child-seat whether he likes it or not.

dog-in-car-seat.jpg

Advocates for the new law say that 100,000 dogs are killed per year by falling or by being thrown out of moving vehicles. Owners will be charged with animal cruelty and fined. So the days of flapping gums and saliva flying out a passenger window are over. The law doesn't care how fun this is for pets. As a matter of fact, it may seem like a form of punishment to them.

dogs-rule-4.jpg

dogs-outside-car-window.jpg
big-dog-in-car.jpg

Honestly........don't these people have better things to do?

How about working up a jobs plan, or maybe working on balancing the budget. Why is this all of the sudden a world changing issue?

Personally I think this is Nanny-state BS gone to the dogs.

If you want to find out about animal restraints that are governmentally approved go here. Canine Auto - Canine Auto.

dogs-rule-6.jpg

I think this law is gonna eventually bite someone in the ass. Literally......

2466349.jpg

Unbuckled Dogs Draw Stiffer Penalty Than People - New Milford, NJ Patch

Last edited:
Meanwhile nobody give a &%$# about the way farm animals/livestock are transported/treated.

The law doesn't care how fun this is for pets.

And if your kid says its fun to tie a towel around his neck and jump off the roof, you'll say his fun should come before his safety.

Do you even HAVE a friggin BRAIN?

If so, USE IT.

call me crazy and i am sure you have and will...but i can see a reason for this...

as the owner of large dogs.....if there was a wreck i do not want my dogs fleeing the scene...esp if they need medical treatment....i esp dont wanna be hurt and emt's have to wait for the cops to kill my dog to assist me.....

but what the hell it is easier to leave them at home.....the one that travels....he does it well....

Forum List

Back