New Hampshire might repeal the gay marriage law...

Thank you. So long as you don't try to legislate my church, forcing it to pay for practices it doesn't condone, hire people it doesn't want to hire, or preach things it doesn't want to preach, we're fine.

No problem...as long as your church doesn't receive federal funding, employ those outside their faith (although they are still subject to employment laws) or rent property to the public ('cause then they are subject to public accommodation laws).

It doesn't matter if they do those things or not. They still couldn't be forced to marry gays if they didn't want to.

And nobody is advocating for that. I've always had equal access to religious marriage...it's the legal, civil marriage that I am being denied equal access to.

No problem...as long as your church doesn't receive federal funding, employ those outside their faith (although they are still subject to employment laws) or rent property to the public ('cause then they are subject to public accommodation laws).

It doesn't matter if they do those things or not. They still couldn't be forced to marry gays if they didn't want to.

And nobody is advocating for that. I've always had equal access to religious marriage...it's the legal, civil marriage that I am being denied equal access to.
I hope i am wrong, but gay Americans are the latest target of HATE groups; Westboro, etc. I heard the words less as an adult than when I was a teenager and more outspoken than I am now. It lessened but seems to be rising again. The trend is frightening.

Sing if you're glad to be gay
Sing if you're happy that way

More lyrics: The Tom Robinson Band - Glad To Be Gay Lyrics
All about Tom Robinson+Band+The: PICTURES, LYRICS, PHOTOS, CHORDS

Correct.

No one is asking to change anything, no one is asking for ‘special rights,’ or ‘special treatment.’

Indeed, same sex couples don’t want marriage laws to be changed, they simply want their commitment to another given the same legal recognition as opposite sex couples.

Even here on this board, the homophobic banter has subsided substantially compared to a few months ago. It would seem that more and more people are suddenly realizing that allowing gay couples to be married doesn't do anything toward their own heterosexual relationships.

Actually, marriage was redefined.

So.....

Yeah...to let people of different races marry. :lol:

No, the definition of marriage was never "two people of the opposite sex AND SAME RACE".

Sorry. Certain states led by Dems did change the laws to deny those of different races a marriage license, but that had nothing to do with the definition.

No, I'm the one who keeps insisting that your personal beliefs shouldn't change public policy.

Excuse me, but doesn't living free mean being able to marry who you want?

And yet no one supports Incestuous consensual marriages between 2 consenting adults. Or plural marriages. Go figure.

i have no problem with it

go figure

start a campaign if you feel your being oppressed :thup:

i fully support your right to marry your brothers and sisters

Same here. Gay marriage doesn't bother me at all.

Gays can join the ranks of those with good marriages.

They can also hit divorce court right alongside their straight counterparts if things don't go well.

homosexual "civil marriage".................lol no such thing

civil unions, perhaps
Once again:
How will the marriage of two Americans that are of the same gender impact the lives of those who oppose same, unless they allow the marriage to so impact? No religious leader would be forced to perform the ceremony, nor any other individual required to accept the marriage in their life, except perhaps at work outside the home.

However, that is exactly what they are moving for. Just as they are attempting to use obamacare to force the churches to fund contraception, and as they attempted to force the churches to modify their teachings using threats of hate speech rulings if certain biblical teachings were preached or referenced, and as they attempted to force the church to hire people they don't want to hire because of the stricutres of their faith...

they certainly are moving to use this to force the church to change to accomodate them. The whole mantra of "separation of church and state" to a progressive is just cover for the fact that they want the state to tell the church what to do, how to spend her money, what to say, and who to associate with.

Last edited:
In other words, after talking about completely unrelated things and tearing down straw men, you still want your Christian theocracy.

homosexuals should have the same legal rights through civil unions as married people..........

it just has nothing to do with the traditional institution and definition of marriage through the ages

regardless of what "progressive" judges dictate, it will never mean the same thing

Homosexuals have the same rights as anyone. If they want to get married to a person of the opposite sex, they can! Anyone can! Nobody cares if they're gay...but if they want to marry each other and force us to change our definition to suit their situation, fuck off. They don't have the RIGHT to re-define the term "marriage" to suit themselves and thereby restructuring the traditional structure upon which our society is based, any more than a cat has a RIGHT to re-define the term of "canine" so that it includes "felines".

Last edited:
Homosexuals have the same rights as anyone.

Except they don't have the RIGHT to re-define the term "marriage" since they aren't male/female couples, any more than a cat has a RIGHT to re-define the term of "canine" so that it includes "felines".

Don't you get tired of posting the same thread over and over? Fine, we get it. You hate same sex marriage. It may or may not be legal. But your glee at the unhappiness of others is sad.

Come on, its just love and commitment. I think the world needs more, not less.

Forum List

Back