New England's Non-Call; Was It Or Wasn't It?

If you look at the video, at around 1:11 you see that Gronkowski was trying to stop to come to the pass. He was about even with the guy who intercepted the ball. But Gronkowski was basically wrapped up and pushed to the back of the end zone.

Bad call by the refs. Even if its at the end of a game, it should still be reviewed.

So you think that Gronk could have caught the ball?

He was close to the right place to catch it when the defender grabbed him and pushed him to the back of the endzone. You can see Gronk trying to stop at 1:11 in the video link you posted.

Horrible throw. There was NO defensive interference. Both players were "hugging" each other. STFU Brady...and learn how to throw a football.

I couldn't believe it when I watched the video.. from all the boo hooing I was expecting to see some blatent PI. Nonsense. The ball was WAY underthown and the intended reciever made no attemp to come back for the ball. Good non call and flag pickup by refs.

My "call" is that Pat's fans are crybabies. :(

:lol:

Last edited:
Horrible throw. There was NO interference. STFU Brady...and learn how to throw a football.

I couldn't believe it when I watched the video.. from all the boo hooing I was expecting to see some blatent PI. Nonsense. The ball was WAY underthown and the intended reciever made no attemp to come back for the ball. Good non call and flag pickup by refs.

The intended receiver tried to stop at about the same place the ball was intercepted, but he was wrapped up and pushed back.

Look at the video and pay attention to the receiver at the 1:11 mark. He is trying to stop and come back to the ball.

"The Catch" was a ball that Montana was throwing away, and it didn't look catchable.

How many games have we watched a receiver catch a pass and say "How the hell did he catch that!"

That said, would the next play been a touchdown?

Does a team that gets into a situation like New England have a right to complain or should they not put themselves into that situation?

Horrible throw. There was NO interference. STFU Brady...and learn how to throw a football.

The intended receiver tried to stop at about the same place the ball was intercepted, but he was wrapped up and pushed back.

Look at the video and pay attention to the receiver at the 1:11 mark. He is trying to stop and come back to the ball.

I watched the video several times and did not see it the same way you did. I didn't see the receiver make any effort to stop and come back to the ball. I believe it would have been intercepted in any case because the defender that made the interception was in a much better position to catch the ball no matter what the intended receiver did even considering the MUTUAL contact.

I didn't buy the uncatchable call.

Sure, it would have been a difficult catch, but Gronk might have been able to stop and push back far enough to get the ball before it hit the ground.

Would it have been intercepted instead? Sure. But that shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not it is a pass interference call.

It was a penalty, that's why the flag was thrown. The Brady envy'ers will be whining as soon as the refs fuck their team. Especially since they don't have a Hall of Fame QB on their team.

Forum List

Back