"New" Conservative Convert

Denechek

Dec 8, 2016
Trump Tower
Well, maybe not "new" exactly. I really thought I was a progressive, or at least a "conservative democrat" since I am not on board with America's fascination with the genocide of the unborn and also my refusal to drink the mandated ACA Kool-Aid. I thought Jill Stein was saying everything I wanted to hear. The disillusionment of both her antics and the behavior of the left has left me feeling like there has been a death in the family.

I joined a blog site called "Yabberz" feeling like I would be an equal opportunity critic. I could poke fun at each major candidate with a clean conscience, after all we live in a free society right? The rage and hostility that arose from the left toward anyone who would disagree with them was to say the least, shocking. I soon found myself the target of hate mongers aligning me with Nazis and White Supremacists without any thought or consideration to who I really am. By contrast, the well reasoned kindness and acceptance I found from the Trump side won me over completely. I now consider myself a proud Republican for the first time since Ronald Reagan.

Well, maybe not "new" exactly. I really thought I was a progressive, or at least a "conservative democrat" since I am not on board with America's fascination with the genocide of the unborn and also my refusal to drink the mandated ACA Kool-Aid. I thought Jill Stein was saying everything I wanted to hear. The disillusionment of both her antics and the behavior of the left has left me feeling like there has been a death in the family.

I joined a blog site called "Yabberz" feeling like I would be an equal opportunity critic. I could poke fun at each major candidate with a clean conscience, after all we live in a free society right? The rage and hostility that arose from the left toward anyone who would disagree with them was to say the least, shocking. I soon found myself the target of hate mongers aligning me with Nazis and White Supremacists without any thought or consideration to who I really am. By contrast, the well reasoned kindness and acceptance I found from the Trump side won me over completely. I now consider myself a proud Republican for the first time since Ronald Reagan.

Welcome aboard the Trump Train!

It happens. The result of settling most issues with a round of Call of Duty in mom's basement.

upload_2016-12-8_17-39-59.jpeg

Welcome. Don't worry there's only a few rounds flying around here...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I'd only caution you to remember that most of the lefties who inhabit these kinds of boards are hardcore partisan ideologues, the Regressive Left. And yeah, that's pretty much how they behave. They're hateful, rude, narcissistic, bigoted and nasty.

BUT, there are more normal liberals out there who are to the left of center and are decent, respectful, curious and thoughtful, like most liberals used to be.

These people are just the wingers.

Welcome to the site, sock! You were never a progressive, ya fuckin liar.

Appreciate the tip. If I cared what they thought I might get my feelings hurt. I'll try not to cry in public.

I don't mind watching Progressive chase their tails. It's actually fairly amusing. I'm still in good company here, Thanks.

Welcome. I think you'll find some intelligent and thoughtful people here ... it will be easy to figure out who is and is not. Then you have old ladies like myself who throw in a comment or two sometimes. :eusa_angel:

Welcome. I think you'll find some intelligent and thoughtful people here ... it will be easy to figure out who is and is not. Then you have old ladies like myself who throw in a comment or two sometimes. :eusa_angel:
You're drunk, Granny. Sober up! :alcoholic::woohoo:

Forum List

Back