New CNN CEO says they will be going back to hard news and leaving the partisan POLITICS….but we were told CNN is NOT political for years…is he right?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Is the new CEO Exactly correct, CNN is partisan and political and it needs to change.

OR

Is he a lying right wing partisan.

It seems to me the partisan politics of CNN has destroyed any credibilty they ever had and they are hemorraging viewers.

Less viewers means less advertising revenue.

Is the new CEO Exactly correct, CNN is partisan and political and it needs to change.

OR

It seems to me the partisan politics of CNN has destroyed any credibilty they ever had and they are hemorraging viewers.

They can't fire all their fags during Gay Pride month, surely.

OR

All of the big 3 cable brands, FOX NEWS, CNN and MSNBC are all highly partisan outlets. Anybody that doesn't view with a filter, just ain't too bright. I cannot see any of the three becoming a hard news, non-partisan outlet, though all three do report news. None of them have the news staff to fill 24/7 programming with nothing but hard news of interest to the masses.

Top shareholder of company taking over CNN says that he would like to see the network actually try JOURNALISM

John Malone, the person who owns the most shares of Liberty Media, the company ready to take over CNN, said on Thursday that he would like to see the network "actually have journalists again."

Top shareholder of company taking over CNN says that he would like to see the network actually try JOURNALISM

This was from last November so maybe what he wants is about to come to fruition. You don't take over a company for it to keep losing money.

Talk like this is pointless. We already know most news organizations are corrupt and biased. It's been going on for a long time. No one watches these things without knowing they will hear what they already want to hear. Quite a conundrum for anybody because how do you know what are the facts?

Another moral equivalence argument?
No argument either way or by any definition. Just stating know facts of 24/7 news/infotainment networks, mentioning most popular top 3.

No argument either way or by any definition. Just stating know facts of 24/7 news/infotainment networks, mentioning most popular top 3.
They are all partisan, but levels of journalistic corruption at CNN, MSNBC and the major broadcast networks are far above FNC.

The cult has been telling us for years that CNN is NOT BIASED.

Now the new CEO admits CNN is biased.

WHO IS LYING? THE CULT OR THE CEO?

They are all partisan, but levels of journalistic corruption at CNN, MSNBC and the major broadcast networks are far above FNC.
That is an opinion. You are welcome to it.

All of the big 3 cable brands, FOX NEWS, CNN and MSNBC are all highly partisan outlets. Anybody that doesn't view with a filter, just ain't too bright. I cannot see any of the three becoming a hard news, non-partisan outlet, though all three do report news. None of them have the news staff to fill 24/7 programming with nothing but hard news of interest to the masses.
You left off CNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, etc., etc..

You left off CNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, etc., etc..
Yep. You are correct and they are very much the same, in that there is a point of view, that comes across on all new network, news paper and internet "new blogs". This include the big news aggregators. I use Drudge and Memorandum.

Yep. You are correct and they are very much the same, in that there is a point of view, that comes across on all new network, news paper and internet "new blogs". This include the big news aggregators. I use Drudge and Memorandum.
I don't actually use any one source. I hear a story and then just hunt around looking for reliable or at least, semi-credible sources.

In truth, I've lost all faith that anyone is telling the truth, about anything.

I don't actually use any one source. I hear a story and then just hunt around looking for reliable or at least, semi-credible sources.

In truth, I've lost all faith that anyone is telling the truth, about anything.
I do too, as far as hunting around for credible sources. I actually get news to me relatively often right here from member posters. You dang sure got to go look for reliable sources for stuff found here. We've got lots of posters here, that will lie or mislead in a heart beat, on all sides of the political fence. It's part of the charm of the place and keeps you on your toes.

News Nation is the only cable news channel I've seen that attempts to present both sides of the issues. A couple of the anchors lean left but NN is closer to a news channel than any I've seen in recent years. Dan Abrams is a bit right leaning but does a good job moderating the news.

Forum List

Back