CDZ New Abortion Legislation tries to address the rights of fathers

It will never fly. While I agree that the father should have some basic rights here there is really no denying that biology has dictated otherwise. The mother is the one carrying the child.

I wonder what they are going to say in cases where the mother claims a one night stand with someone she does not know and cannot find? That she cant get an abortion now? I do not think that this was even thought through - its enforcement and implications are essentially impossible.

I'm guessing it was thought through.

What a way to discourage one night stands by both women AND men.
Not at all. It would not discourage the man whatsoever - such a law would not effect the 'player' in any shape or form.
I disagree.

True it would not discourage ALL the " "players" out there. But it would make some think twice about having their name on a legal document confirming a Trist / affair with a woman he might not want any such ties with.

Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

It will never fly. While I agree that the father should have some basic rights here there is really no denying that biology has dictated otherwise. The mother is the one carrying the child.

I wonder what they are going to say in cases where the mother claims a one night stand with someone she does not know and cannot find? That she cant get an abortion now? I do not think that this was even thought through - its enforcement and implications are essentially impossible.

Not at all. It would not discourage the man whatsoever - such a law would not effect the 'player' in any shape or form.
I disagree.

True it would not discourage ALL the " "players" out there. But it would make some think twice about having their name on a legal document confirming a Trist / affair with a woman he might not want any such ties with.

Where would that legal document come from? You can do the same today (as the mother can extract child support from the father) and it is never done.

There is no logical reason to think that this would reduce one night stands.

I disagree.

Where would that legal document come from? You can do the same today (as the mother can extract child support from the father) and it is never done.

Agree to disagree, maybe.

Just speaking for myself, a law like this would give me some extra cause to think twice about such an encounter. But then, that is probably because I would never want a child of mine aborted in the first place. . . So. . .

Show me an intellectually honest liberal and I will show you a Conservative in the making.

I disagree.

Just speaking for myself, a law like this would give me some extra cause to think twice about such an encounter. But then, that is probably because I would never want a child of mine aborted in the first place. . . So. . .

Show me an intellectually honest liberal and I will show you a Conservative in the making.
The question is why would it give you pause?

I disagree.

I don't know why that wouldn't be obvious to you. Are you trolling or are you seriously not intuitive enough to see the conflict possibilities between a guy who doesn't want his children aborted and a gal who wants a one night stand and (if it becomes "nevessary") she also might want his written permission on a legal document to abort his child anyway?

I disagree.

I don't know why that wouldn't be obvious to you. Are you trolling or are you seriously not intuitive enough to see the conflict possibilities between a guy who doesn't want his children aborted and a gal who wants a one night stand and (if it becomes "nevessary") she also might want his written permission on a legal document to abort his child anyway?

"Necessary" that is.

And if he wants a child and she does not?

I have no doubt that the rabid religious right would chain pregnant women to beds in order to force them to reproduce. And, as we all know, the anti-choice, anti-freedom folks only care about fetuses. They hate children and they hate single mothers.

As always, the answer to this is MYOB.

In the end...there is only one person who's life will drastically change and who might lose her life in childbirth and that is the mother. Yes, a father's life can drastically change IF he steps up to the plate. But the woman is the one who bears ALL the RISKS including mortality - of childbirth. SHE is the one who might lose her job or drop out of school.

Sorry...but father's don't have equal rights because they don't have equal risks.

In the end...there is only one person who's life will drastically change and who might lose her life in childbirth and that is the mother. Yes, a father's life can drastically change IF he steps up to the plate. But the woman is the one who bears ALL the RISKS including mortality - of childbirth. SHE is the one who might lose her job or drop out of school.

Sorry...but father's don't have equal rights because they don't have equal risks.
And the children aborted don't have/ shouldn't have "equal" rights. . .

Because. . .

Why?

Also, if you can quote the exact wording of the Constitution which supports your denial of their right to equal protections? Please do.

And the children aborted don't have/ shouldn't have "equal" rights. . .

Because. . .

Why?

Also, if you can quote the exact wording of the Constitution which supports your denial of their right to equal protections? Please do.

Intellectually honest...ok...what's your stance on the death penalty?

No one wants to take on the obvious question of -- What if they disagree? Who is up for forcing women to reproduce at the whim of men?

Oh wait, we already have that!

Nonetheless, this bill is impossible.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

The only way I would agree to a father having equal rights is if the fetus could be transplanted into his body. That way, if he doesn't want an abortion - he can take the risks and challenges.

Intellectually honest...ok...what's your stance on the death penalty?

I don't see any benefit to answering this question and continuing this thread when clear violations of the CDZ rules are left up after bring reported.

If they disagree he can adopt. Problem solved and a homeless child is saved. I understand that some people feel they don't want to raise other people's kids but no one has the right to force any man or woman to reproduce.

And if he wants a child and she does not?

I have no doubt that the rabid religious right would chain pregnant women to beds in order to force them to reproduce. And, as we all know, the anti-choice, anti-freedom folks only care about fetuses. They hate children and they hate single mothers.

As always, the answer to this is MYOB.
That kind of post does not belong in the CDZ.

Doesn't this violate the basic human right of the mother? No one can be forced to give birth and raise a child they don't want. And how well would they do the job?

No one wants to take on the obvious question of -- What if they disagree? Who is up for forcing women to reproduce at the whim of men?

Oh wait, we already have that!

Nonetheless, this bill is impossible.

No, we do not have that now. OTOH, a woman CAN force a man to reproduce.

Doesn't this violate the basic human right of the mother? No one can be forced to give birth and raise a child they don't want. And how well would they do the job?
Right now a man loses his reproductive freedom when the woman becomes pregnant. She can force fatherhood on him.

I think a man who runs away from a child he creates is a lousy human being, but that doesn't change the reality that a woman has the power to force fatherhood on him.

Forum List

Back