Never thought I'd be this attached to my babies

Hey Charlie..... please do the country one favor.... teach your children to judge others on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Those little babies are the future of America. We need to teach them to learn the lessons of history and not repeat it. Please.

Well they learn all they can from me about doing that, they do have one white grandparent and some white relatives and one African grandfather from their mother's side. They have my family who are not racist and my sister who loves the babies too, my wife is a self identified black woman of mixed race, they'll be taught right.

I remember clearly holding my baby and it felt like by heart was bursting with love.

I suspect you're fairly normal in that respect, Bass.

I asked that question because its normally the mothers that have a strong connection to their kids and really before their birth I didn't know how I was going to handle fatherhood, but since day one I've been there for them, we're so close that when they hear my voice or when I hold them they don't cry, all three of them are just like that.

Hey Charlie..... please do the country one favor.... teach your children to judge others on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Those little babies are the future of America. We need to teach them to learn the lessons of history and not repeat it. Please.

Well they learn all they can from me about doing that, they do have one white grandparent and some white relatives and one African grandfather from their mother's side. They have my family who are not racist and my sister who loves the babies too, my wife is a self identified black woman of mixed race, they'll be taught right.

Mixed families are the best. All children benefit from exposure to people - all people. I'm glad your babies will have a good dad to show them what a decent black man is. It's very important for girls to understand what a decent man looks like. Just try hard not to put your own resentments into them. Your resentments are understandable.... but, as a country, we need to move past those days and those attitudes - and the next generation needs to be better.

Well these are my first kids, all three of them. Though I have raised my niece I have no real fatherly type experience, my babies are half way spoiled and my wife doesn't want spoiled babies but there's nothing she can do to stop me.

You need to balance that love to make sure your kids don't become brats that no one else likes. Spoiling kids might be nice for you - but it's not nice for your kids when no one likes them because they're little monsters.

I'm sure you'll get a handle on the 'dad' thing. And I think it's adorable that you love them so much.... you big softie. :eusa_angel:

Yeah but come on, kids are only babies once. My babies are only 2 months old, lol, and don't get me wrong, it is hard work waking up at all hours of the night feeding, changing diapers and cuddling them to sleep, but I don't even think about that stuff as being hard.

They are a joy of unmeasurable levels.

Dont worry too much about spoiling them ( at this age that is impossible) because when you love them so much you will find many times in the futrue when you love them so much you want to make them understand the world so they can march into it and be the finest person in the room and be able to handle themselves.

Itsd the late teen years when they are smart as a whip and need so badly to let go of you so they can become complete individuals that they have to break your heart a little to do it.

One of my favorites is when they tell you something you taught them like its something you never heard before and you have to stand there and go "wow thats interesting" and pretend you didnt teach it to them.

If you try to tell them you taught them that 3 years ago it will get really messy.

My Mom raised 8 high functioning children to adulthood and her advice was "dont take it personally".

The way they treat you in late teenagehood is NOT about you , its about them.

Let them have the ability to break away from you at their own pace.

Some do it seamlessly and others need to rock your boat to prove they are separate human beings and that you will still love them in the end no matter WHO they are.

Enjoy every minute because its all precious.

You need to balance that love to make sure your kids don't become brats that no one else likes. Spoiling kids might be nice for you - but it's not nice for your kids when no one likes them because they're little monsters.

I'm sure you'll get a handle on the 'dad' thing. And I think it's adorable that you love them so much.... you big softie. :eusa_angel:

Yeah but come on, kids are only babies once. My babies are only 2 months old, lol, and don't get me wrong, it is hard work waking up at all hours of the night feeding, changing diapers and cuddling them to sleep, but I don't even think about that stuff as being hard.

Dont worry too much about spoiling them ( at this age that is impossible) because when you love them so much you will find many times in the futrue when you love them so much you want to make them understand the world so they can march into it and be the finest person in the room and be able to handle themselves.

Itsd the late teen years when they are smart as a whip and need so badly to let go of you so they can become complete individuals that they have to break your heart a little to do it.

One of my favorites is when they tell you something you taught them like its something you never heard before and you have to stand there and go "wow thats interesting" and pretend you didnt teach it to them.

If you try to tell them you taught them that 3 years ago it will get really messy.

My Mom raised 8 high functioning children to adulthood and her advice was "dont take it personally".

Some do it seamlessly and others need to rock your boat to prove they are separate human beings and that you will still love them in the end no matter WHO they are.

So you're number 9? Cool

Mixed families are the best. All children benefit from exposure to people - all people. I'm glad your babies will have a good dad to show them what a decent black man is. It's very important for girls to understand what a decent man looks like. Just try hard not to put your own resentments into them. Your resentments are understandable.... but, as a country, we need to move past those days and those attitudes - and the next generation needs to be better.

They are for sure going to know what a good man is, they got me and my older brothers plus their grandfather to look to.

The funny thing about this hospital is France is that they require all new or young fathers to have parenting classes for baby care like changing diapers, how to hold the baby, how to deal with them when they're crying, you don't see that state side.

They are for sure going to know what a good man is, they got me and my older brothers plus their grandfather to look to.

The funny thing about this hospital is France is that they require all new or young fathers to have parenting classes for baby care like changing diapers, how to hold the baby, how to deal with them when they're crying, you don't see that state side.

Yea, France is an interesting country. I think it's a good think for all new fathers to learn basic parenting skills - it's kind of scary handling a little baby for the first time.... but whether it should be 'mandatory', I don't know.

I adore France. I'll be there in a couple of weeks - can't tell you now much I'm looking forward to it. I always enjoy it. I relate to your fondness for the place.... although I prefer other parts of France to Paris.

My baby girls when they get older and become teens I'm locking them down, if they want to go on a date I'll take them out and show them how a date is supposed to be and then if they can show me they can act right then I'll relax the lockdown. Better to be safe than sorry.

My baby girls when they get older and become teens I'm locking them down, if they want to go on a date I'll take them out and show them how a date is supposed to be and then if they can show me they can act right then I'll relax the lockdown. Better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck with that. :lol::lol:

Actually, when I was a teenager (from around 14 to 16), I wasn't allowed to date without my twin. We always double dated - only way we were allowed out on dates. :lol: Which might sound like a lousy thing but since we pretty much always hung out together anyway - it worked really well.

Good luck with that. :lol::lol:

Actually, when I was a teenager (from around 14 to 16), I wasn't allowed to date without my twin. We always double dated - only way we were allowed out on dates. :lol: Which might sound like a lousy thing but since we pretty much always hung out together anyway - it worked really well.

You have a twin, so there are 2 California Girls?:razz:

Would you ever say,

I'm glad your babies will have a good dad to show them what a decent white man is?

Would you ever say,

I'm glad your babies will have a good dad to show them what a decent white man is?

Your best bet to the world you want is interacial marriage.

You see there will be one race if its practiced correctly.

The sad thing is you dont realise that there is already only one race, the human race.

Forum List

Back