Nevada's Obamacare non-profit insurance co-op going belly up

Since when is a 20 million loss a problem for the far left or far right ?

He was only paid 414 K ??? I'm surprised they showed that much restraint.

How much of the $20M was used to subsidize healthcare costs for policy holders?

Is the 414K more or less the average for CEO's of non-profits of the same size?

ALWAYS keep in mind that the high cost of healthcare in this nation was caused by deregulation of the insurance industry by Reagan, where the HMO act was gutted, AND the rubber stamp mergers and acquisitions that occurred in the 2000's under Bush where United Healthcare acquired the majority of hospitals and Doctors in Nevada.

Also, the salary/cost disparity of the middle class.

ALWAYS keep in mind that the high cost of healthcare in this nation was caused by deregulation of the insurance industry by Reagan, where the HMO act was gutted, AND the rubber stamp mergers and acquisitions that occurred in the 2000's under Bush where United Healthcare acquired the majority of hospitals and Doctors in Nevada.

But the co-op's biggest problem may have been its overhead. The U.S Health and Human Services Department's Inspector General pegged the co-op's administrative expense-to-premium ratio at 37 percent — almost double the 20 percent allowed under Obamacare.

Those costs included first CEO Tom Zumtobel's $417,000 annual salary — pay that might be reasonable for a local executive of a Fortune 100 insurer with a $100 billion market cap but is excessive for a small startup nonprofit with no members and less than $70 million in federal loans as its reserve, Casale said.

"They were the most top-heavy company in the marketplace," he said. "When it got out how much money their CEO was making, a lot of people were saying, 'Are you kidding me?'"

Zumtobel is now CEO of Arizona's co-op, Meritus Health Partners, which had an administrative expense-to-premium ratio of 134 percent in 2014, according to the inspector general. Zumtobel told the New York Times earlier this month that the co-op will lose $6.7 million in 2015, but be profitable in 2016.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I already posted this once.

And who really cares how much his salary was relative to other companies...this was a CO-OP funded for specific purpose.

Did you see the overhead. That's what the far left kept blathering about the entire time the Obamacare debate was going on.

Yes, health costs were rising before Reagan and he did not help the situation at all.

But that is beside the point.

This is another example of a far left failure.

Liberals, like myself, vomit when we read of the continuing stupidity of our federal government.

This is an online paper...not a blog.

So you're saying that one co-op in one state was mismanaged, therefore the PPACA in its entirety is a failure.

That's like when you guys were having shitfits over the website glitches and confusing the website with the program itself.

I keep hoping some of you are smarter than that, but I'm not seeing much evidence of it here.

So you're saying that one co-op in one state was mismanaged, therefore the PPACA in its entirety is a failure.

That's like when you guys were having shitfits over the website glitches and confusing the website with the program itself.

I keep hoping some of you are smarter than that, but I'm not seeing much evidence of it here.

Please show me where I said this. Really, show me. That or shut and get off the thread.

This is yet another example of you extrapolating to fit what you want to argue against.

Just look at it. You follow right up with making an accusation that is based on your initial fabrication being correct.

You might want to hope that your mother does not stop feeding you any time soon.

I pointed out this is from an article: That was it. I then have quoted the article to provide the full story.

You are the sorry idiot who won't look at what this might or might not tell you about how it can be done better. You simply piss your diaper and scream how people are picking on Obamacare.

Please show me where I said this. Really, show me. That or shut and get off the thread.

This is yet another example of you extrapolating to fit what you want to argue against.

Just look at it. You follow right up with making an accusation that is based on your initial fabrication being correct.

You might want to hope that your mother does not stop feeding you any time soon.

I pointed out this is from an article: That was it. I then have quoted the article to provide the full story.

You are the sorry idiot who won't look at what this might or might not tell you about how it can be done better. You simply piss your diaper and scream how people are picking on Obamacare.

Don't you know by now that there is absolutely NOTHING you can say to a brainwashed robot like that to change his/her mind? They are simply incapable of accepting anything outside of the scripted discussion points they live by.

:lame2:

Don't you know by now that there is absolutely NOTHING you can say to a brainwashed robot like that to change his/her mind? They are simply incapable of accepting anything outside of the scripted discussion points they live by.

:lame2:

It is ironic that this idiot keeps besmirching her opposition as "stupid".

She's not a liberal.

She's heavy left wing.

They have taken combining arrogance and ignorance to a new low.

Forum List

Back