Nevada Democrat Governor Issues first Veto of his tenure, nixing National Popular Vote

Good news. Now hopefully the other states making this unethical move of doing away with the electoral college will follow Nevada's Governor and do the right thing.

Twitter

Sisolak vetoes bill that would pledge Nevada's support to winner of national popular vote, reject Electoral College

I'm not a democrat, I'm an Independent.

Personally, I believe in the constitution. The constitution has both the electoral college and gives the states the right on how they should be allocated.

I don't care how a state does it, I don't live there. I just would like to see a republican get elected to the presidency by winning both the electoral college and the popular vote.

This one and the bush boy didn't in their original election to the White House.

I think there's something wrong with that. It divides the nation and does a lot of damage.

Inconvienent, eh?

It's bad for our nation.

I know you don't care but those of us who actually love our nation do care.

When you assume, you are only making an ass out of you, and you.

Good news. Now hopefully the other states making this unethical move of doing away with the electoral college will follow Nevada's Governor and do the right thing.

Twitter

Sisolak vetoes bill that would pledge Nevada's support to winner of national popular vote, reject Electoral College

Personally, I believe in the constitution. The constitution has both the electoral college and gives the states the right on how they should be allocated.

I don't care how a state does it, I don't live there. I just would like to see a republican get elected to the presidency by winning both the electoral college and the popular vote.

I think there's something wrong with that. It divides the nation and does a lot of damage.

Inconvienent, eh?

It's bad for our nation.

I know you don't care but those of us who actually love our nation do care.
Democrats are bad for our nation. The idea that you love America doesn't pass the laugh test.

Twitter

“I just would like to see a republican get elected to the presidency by winning both the electoral college and the popular vote.”

I pray to a God that we never see that again.
A party must sell its ass to the wetbacks and degenerates in Mexifornia and the weirdos and faggots in Loon York in order to win a popular vote...FUCK THAT!
Just so I’m understanding you correctly; you believe a system that would allow Mexifornia and Loon York to elect this nations President would be less divisive?

Twitter

Actually, the electoral college is a check to make sure that the Democrat Party DOES NOT politicize and corrupt the Union to the degree that it results in one-party perpetual rule.
The electoral college prevents that major damage from happening, so you should celebrate it and see the glass half full, instead of trying to shield yourself from division.

I couldn't get past the lie in your first sentence. Once I read a lie, I stop reading and ignore anything the person has to say. I don't waste my time with liars. So if you waste your time replying to this it's on you. I'm not going to read it. Once I'm lied to, I don't read anything more from the liar.

The Democratic Party was founded in 1828, decades after the constitution was written and ratified.

The electoral college was a check on keeping the large states from dominating the smaller ones. It was trying to level the field with all states so all states were equally important.

The Democratic Party didn't even exist when the constitution was written and ratified.

And if you didn't know when the constitution was ratified, it was in 1788. All that was needed was 9 of the 13 colonies to ratify it. The 9th colony, New Hampshire, ratified it May 29, 1788. However all 13 colonies ratified it by 1790.

I'm not surprised you don't know this. I learned it in high school. I'm sure your teachers tried to teach it to you but you were busy getting high and cutting class.

I'm not a partisan hack like you. I don't care what party a person is from. I don't care how other states allocate their electoral votes.

I just wish that a republican president would win both the electoral college and the popular vote.

It being split like that causes division in our nation. I know you don't care about that but those of us who actually love this nation do care.

Twitter

“I just would like to see a republican get elected to the presidency by winning both the electoral college and the popular vote.”

I pray to a God that we never see that again.
A party must sell its ass to the wetbacks and degenerates in Mexifornia and the weirdos and faggots in Loon York in order to win a popular vote...FUCK THAT!
Just so I’m understanding you correctly; you believe a system that would allow Mexifornia and Loon York to elect this nations President would be less divisive?

Careful, you'll be accused of not loving our Nation.

Twitter

Huh? You don't care how a state does it? So you're telling us you don't live in a state? State of confusion doesn't count.

Twitter

Actually, the electoral college is a check to make sure that the Democrat Party DOES NOT politicize and corrupt the Union to the degree that it results in one-party perpetual rule.
The electoral college prevents that major damage from happening, so you should celebrate it and see the glass half full, instead of trying to shield yourself from division.

I couldn't get past the lie in your first sentence. Once I read a lie, I stop reading and ignore anything the person has to say. I don't waste my time with liars. So if you waste your time replying to this it's on you. I'm not going to read it. Once I'm lied to, I don't read anything more from the liar.

The Democratic Party was founded in 1828, decades after the constitution was written and ratified.

The electoral college was a check on keeping the large states from dominating the smaller ones. It was trying to level the field with all states so all states were equally important.

The Democratic Party didn't even exist when the constitution was written and ratified.

And if you didn't know when the constitution was ratified, it was in 1788. All that was needed was 9 of the 13 colonies to ratify it. The 9th colony, New Hampshire, ratified it May 29, 1788. However all 13 colonies ratified it by 1790.

I'm not surprised you don't know this. I learned it in high school. I'm sure your teachers tried to teach it to you but you were busy getting high and cutting class.

I'm not a partisan hack like you. I don't care what party a person is from. I don't care how other states allocate their electoral votes.

I just wish that a republican president would win both the electoral college and the popular vote.

It being split like that causes division in our nation. I know you don't care about that but those of us who actually love this nation do care.

“I just wish that a republican president would win both the electoral college and the popular vote.”

How do you think the GOP could win Mexifornia and Loon York?
What do you think their platform would have to look like?

Twitter

:th_spinspin:

Twitter

Huh? You don't care how a state does it? So you're telling us you don't live in a state? State of confusion doesn't count.

I don't care how states allocate their electoral votes. The only state I care about is the one I live in. I don't live in the other 49.

If one state wants to allocate their electoral votes according to the national popular vote they have that constitutional right. If the state wants to do it by the state popular vote they have the constitutional right. It's called freedom and following the constitution. Which is something I doubt you understand.

Your problem is that you want to fight with me about it where there really is nothing to fight about.

Have fun fighting with yourself.

Twitter

I don't care how states allocate their electoral votes. The only state I care about is the one I live in. I don't live in the other 49.

If one state wants to allocate their electoral votes according to the national popular vote they have that constitutional right. If the state wants to do it by the state popular vote they have the constitutional right. It's called freedom and following the constitution. Which is something I doubt you understand.

Your problem is that you want to fight with me about it where there really is nothing to fight about.

How can you legitimately accuse someone of not loving the Nation, when you just self-admittedly said that all you care about is your state?

Twitter

You do realize if enough states allocate electoral votes according to popular vote it really doesn't matter which state you live in, Your vote won't count for squat. Potentially, the only vote that would matter are California and New York.

Twitter

How can you legitimately accuse someone of not loving the Nation, when you just self-admittedly said that all you care about is your state?

Easy now with all that simple logic stuff...that’s a major inconvenience for Tards.

Why do so many people seem to have the mistaken impression that Californians and New Yorkers all vote for Democrats? Trump got something like 7.3 million votes between those two states, and various other candidates also got votes other than Trump and Clinton. Clinton got around 13.3 million in those 2 states. That's a 6 million vote difference in an election which had almost 130,000,000 votes cast.

It isn't unconstitutional. The states doing this will give all their EC votes to the national pop vote winner.
Their citizens might not care for it but it is perfectly legal.

How can it be legal if a state gives its EC votes to a candidate who did not win the state?

It isn't unconstitutional. The states doing this will give all their EC votes to the national pop vote winner.

How can it be legal if a state gives its EC votes to a candidate who did not win the state?

Because the Constitution grants states the power to choose electors how they want.

It isn't unconstitutional. The states doing this shit will give all their EC votes to the national pop vote winner.

How does outsourcing a voting process designed to be in-State to people Outside the State pass constitutional muster?

It fails on the guarantee of a republican form of government, it fails by way of equal protection, and it fails on the State-State compacts clause.

Never mind the fact that if somehow this passes for 2020 and Trump wins the national vote but loses the EC, Blue States would try to figure some way out of it, throwing us into a Constitutional Crisis and maybe a Civil War.

The Constitution gives states the authority to choose electors how they want. In the past some states let their legislatures choose electors, foregoing any sort of public vote. In the current setup not all states follow a statewide popular vote: Nebraska and Maine, I believe, choose 2 electors through statewide popular vote and the rest through district vote.

I don't see how this prevents a republican form of government. I'm not sure how this is supposed to violate equal protection. Finally, the USSC has ruled that the Compact clause only applies to a pretty narrow range of agreements between states, from what I have read, so I don't know that this would apply.

While the Constitution does give the states themselves the right to decide how their electoral votes will be apportioned, it is inappropriate at the very least for a state to decide that its electors will be chosen by states other than themselves. As I've said before in other threads, there are limits on how states can and cannot exercise this power. They would not be allowed to, for instance, decide that they were going to give those electoral votes to whichever candidate paid them the biggest bribe, could they?

Forum List

Back