Netanyahu ducks Mandela memorial

Alfalfa

Rookie
Sep 6, 2013
Netanyahu Ducks Mandela Memorial as Gideon Levy Calls Israel a S. Africa 'Twin'

One of Israel’s national moral compasses, Gideon Levy, says Israel is a ‘twin’ of Apartheid South Africa, while Netanyahu has reversed course and will skip Nelson Mandela’s memorial, ducking the opportunity to begin a journey toward becoming an Israeli De Klerk.

Neither Peres nor Netanyahu have any right to eulogize Mandela; both are responsible, more than any other statesmen in the free world, for undermining his legacy and establishing the (nonidentical) twin of the regime he battled.

If the South African analogy is applied to Israel, Netanyahu plays the De Klerk role. He can continue being the bloody ethnic warlord with a powerful army at his disposal or he can overcome the atavistic tribalism of his background and undergo what De Klerk described in his Nobel Prize acceptance speech as “a process of introspection, of soul searching; of repentance; of realization of the futility of ongoing conflict, of acknowledgement of failed policies and the injustice it brought with it.”

As De Klerk said in the same speech: “The question that we must ask is whether we are making progress toward the goal of universal peace, or are we caught up on a treadmill of history, turning forever on the axle of mindless aggression and self-destruction?”

“Repression, injustice and exploitation are inimical with peace. Peace is gravely threatened by inter-group fear and envy and by the unleashing of unrealistic expectations. Racial, class and religious intolerance and prejudice are its mortal enemies.”

The choice is Netanyahu’s.

Apparently, Netanyahu has made his choice: he’d rather squander public Israeli funds on multiple private homes, scented candles, flowers, and ice cream than attend the memorial service of arguably the most important world leader to die in the past four decades, canceling his trip at the last moment.

Last week, it was revealed that taxpayers dished out 3.3 million shekels ($940,000) in 2012 to maintain Netanyahu’s three residences – 1.2 million shekels (about $340,000) above budget.

Considering mandela said "I cannot rest until palestine is liberated" is it any wonder netty refuses to attend the funeral? Heheh...

EVERY WORLD LEADER (or rep) WILL BE THERE, Netyahoos absence will be painfully obvious raising the question of "why" and the spectre of israel's apartheid state.

Is he that stoopid?

Last edited:
Who cares?

Do you worry about who will attend your funeral?

Mandela is dead he won't know or care if people decide not to waste their time at a memorial service.

• Banned
Who cares?

Mandela is dead he won't know or care if people decide not to waste their time at a memorial service.

Obviously you ignored the central question...

"EVERY WORLD LEADER (or rep) WILL BE THERE, Netyahoos absence will be painfully obvious raising the question of "why" and the spectre of israel's apartheid state."

I'm not surprised.

A delegate will be sent. Oh, and on the subject of alleged apartheid in Israel.....

South African Christian Democrat party leader, Rev. Kenneth Meshoe, denounces the exploitation of "apartheid" by enemies of Israel as inaccurate and weakening its meaning.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v27sNLIEOes]Mandela legislator: Arabs misappropriate "apartheid" to slander Israel- MP Kenneth Meshoe - YouTube[/ame]

Who cares?

I am not sure "care" is the right word to use, but it is a pretty stupid move on the part of a man who insists on Israel being recognized as a Jewish state, and made even more stupid in that, in spite of some recent lavish spending on his part, he cites the exorbitant cost as a reason for his lack of attendance.

High costs prompt PM not to attend Mandela funeral - Israel News, Ynetnews

Mandela was a hero to almost all people of African descent and reedom loving people around the world and Netanyahu's not attending is a slap in their face and sends a bad message to the world, as the head of the Jewish state, about the Jewish people.

But Netanyahu is somewhat notorious for his disrespect for other people. Recently, on a visit to the Vatican, he gave the Pope a book about the Spanish Inquisition inscribed with words saying something like "to celebrate our common heritage" and a menorah.

Let's see now. The Jewish people have managed to anger over one billion Catholics, over one billion Muslims, over one billion people of African descent. What next...stay tuned...the Chinese might be feeling left out until he regales them with "Confucios say 'Many man eat but Fu Manchu'" on the steps of the forbidden city.

For what it is worth, I don't think it is a waste of time at a memorial service, but I find the comment particularly ironic when it is said about a representative of a people for whom everyday is some kind of holocaust memorial day and where museums dedicated to thaat tragedy spring up a plenty. i don't know if you are Jewish but if you are, you should be particularly ashamed o such comment, as should any Jew who approves of it.

The death of Gentiles, be they black, Asian, white, or whatever, is no less sad or less worth memorializing than that of Jews.

Netanyahu and Peres both decided to not fly abroad due to the constant Israelí people's criticism regarding governments expenses.

This trip was to cost Israel millions of Shekels, and because of high costs lately which Netanyahu caused the people, he decided, wisely so, to skip the funeral.

Any more questions?

• Banned
Netanyahu and Peres both decided to not fly abroad due to the constant Israelí people's criticism regarding governments expenses.

This trip was to cost Israel millions of Shekels, and because of high costs lately which Netanyahu caused the people, he decided, wisely so, to skip the funeral.

Any more questions?

Priceless! Lips and Netty's excuse for not going to Mandela's funeral is "It's just too much money to spend honoring a darkie!"

Any more questions?

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!:lmao:

As perhaps the only one on this board who has only disdain for both Mandella and BB Net, I can't believe you were able to type that without falling out of your chair laughing.

Any more questions?

Priceless! Lips and Netty's excuse for not going to Mandela's funeral is "It's just too much money to spend honoring a darkie!"

What is priceless is your endless slandering.

I never used this word which you chose to use, I think it's offensive.

Are you a racist?

You seem awfully enthusiastic by using this guy's skin color as an excuse for something.

I think there is a hidden psychology in there, somewhere.

Are you a black-people hater?

That won't be a shocker.

Any more questions?

As perhaps the only one on this board who has only disdain for both Mandella and BB Net, I can't believe you were able to type that without falling out of your chair laughing.

I think this is amusing coming from you.

Your posts regarding Jews in the past would have disgusted all those with sanity in their minds.

You lecture me on which base?

Any more questions?

I think this is amusing coming from you.

Your posts regarding Jews in the past would have disgusted all those with sanity in their minds.

You lecture me on which base?

No lecture, just calling a spade, a spade. The claim of austerity is so stupid that only a sycophant would repeat it or believe it.

Any more questions?

How much is a plane ticket? A few hundred bucks?

Hamas representatives are there to celebrate the peace initiatives of Mandela, right?

Any more questions?

Are you a racist?

You seem awfully enthusiastic by using this guy's skin color as an excuse for something.

That won't be a shocker.

No, I've just been watching ho OZreal treats refugees from the dark continent.

Are you a racist?

That won't be a shocker.

Australia?

Are you a racist?

That won't be a shocker.

Australia?

I haven't been watching the funeral so does anyone know if anything was said about Winnie Mandela? If so, what was said about her? After all, she was involved in his struggle.

Any more questions?

How much is a plane ticket? A few hundred bucks?

The expenses of Mrs. Piggi Netanyahu are sky high. If you do a simple research you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

This trip was to cost Israel nearly 5 millions.

Are you a racist?

That won't be a shocker.

Israel treats infiltrators better than USA does.

Are you a racist?

That won't be a shocker.

Israel treats infiltrators better than USA does.

You will notice, Lipush, that Alfalfa has nothing to say about the Saudis kicking out abou 150,000 Ethiopians. Maybe he should tell us how wonderful people like the Hindu workers are treated in the oil-rich Gulf states.

Forum List

Back